1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 22:16
    @sonship removed their quoted post
    I am not fearful of how people view me; at least not in this forum.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 22:20
    @sonship removed their quoted post
    No not “right”.
    If you are talking about your church, yes I view it as being a cult, or at least cultish. My opinion has nothing to do with China or Chinese people.

You may want to read up on the article s written about your church to get a better view of the reasons that some people view it the way that they do.

Anyway, thanks for the diagnosis, your opinion is welcome in this thread.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 22:241 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

- I believe in Jesus Christ, still, somehow.

Allow me to ask.
    Do you believe in Jesus Christ?
    Or do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ?
    I believe that Jesus Christ is/was the physical representation of the invisible God, God wrapped in a veil of flesh, the Father made human and dwelt among us, the Lord Jesus Christ, the name of God given by which we are saved. In him we find God, in him we live and move and have our existence. The one God manifested in the flesh, the identity and person of the Almighty made a little lower than the angels to suffer as we suffer, meet us face to face, experience our weak condition and pay a price for mankind , once, for all people.

God’s avatar, to use a non biblical, secular term.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 22:24
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Would you shut up for a moment and let the man answer?
    You are the one that needs to answer :
    Why call Jesus Lord Lord and you refuse to do and to preach what the man says.

You wont answer because you know that people dislike mouth-worshippers. People like Christ, Paul, James, Peter, John, Jude, Dive, FMF, GhostofaDuke, Ranj999 etc, just to name a few. Why? Because they are liars and cannot be trusted.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 22:27
    @rajk999 said
    People like Christ, Paul, James, Peter, John, Jude, Dive, FMF, GhostofaDuke, Ranj999 etc, just to name a few. Why? Because they are liars and cannot be trusted.
    What are you saying here?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 22:473 edits
    @Rajk999
    Why call Jesus Lord Lord and you refuse to do and to preach what the man says.

You wont answer because you know that people dislike mouth-worshippers.

Once again.
    Can you furnish us with ONE example from ANY thread that I -

1.) Encouraged people to call on the Lord Jesus.
    2.) Encouraged people to disobey the commands of the Lord Jesus.

CALLING and DISOBEYING

CALLING and DISOBEYING

Provide a sample of me teaching anyone -

CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD and DISOBEYING HIS COMMANDS .

Show me just ONE example of me teaching this dual attitude as a principle to be followed.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 23:06
    @divegeester said
    This idea I’m floating here is for a poster, me in this case, to start a new thread entitled “Diagnose me” and to create an OP describing their belief structure or motivations honestly, concisely and with the knowledge that they will probably get a little roasted. But it might be interesting and it might be fun.
    So I’ll go second:
    - I believe there is a God, angels and a whole buzzing heavenly host, building, creating and managing new worlds constantly throughout the hundreds of billions of galaxies out there
    - brought up in a “Christian” home, but as child I knew some of the standard teachings were wrong, and the lifestyle of some Christians were way off mark.
    - the bible is the inspired word of God but not all of it is direct words from the mouth of God. Some are writings of wise men. Much of it is the life and history of the Jews, and prophecies relating to the Jews.
    - I despise corporate religion, as it is full of hypocritical mouthworshippers seeking to full their pockets and practice fake righteous living.
    - I abhor several established Christian doctrines (you know the ones)
    - I don’t go to “church”, but try to speak to others about good works and righteousness they way Jesus did.
    - I find western Christians, and especially many American Christian attitudes utterly repellant.
    - I believe in Jesus Christ,, who is the way, the truth and the life. The way to eternal life [not Paul or any Apostle], the one with the only true doctrine, the only giver of eternal life at some future date. {Christians who interpret the writings of Paul which claim they have eternal life already are mistaken]
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 23:08
    @divegeester said
    What are you saying here?
    A list of some people from the bible and on this forum who I know dislike mouth worship, from what they have said so far. I presume you are one.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 23:14
    @divegeester said
    If I lost my faith the consequences would appear different to me after the loss, than they would would before the loss of faith.

Before the loss of faith, i.e. now, I would describe the consequences as quite emotionally and spiritually devastating, but if I was speaking/writing after the loss of faith then I would look back and say that I was probably relieved to be free of carrying a delusion in my mind.
    Interesting choice of words:
    "Relieved to be free of carrying a delusion in my mind"

Have you ever thought of Christianity as a delusion?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '21 23:40
    @chaney3 said
    Interesting choice of words:
    "Relieved to be free of carrying a delusion in my mind"

Have you ever thought of Christianity as a delusion?
    I was once told that a sign of intelligence was having the ability to hold opposing views in ones mind; I might not be particularly intelligent but I can do this.

What I mean is I can see exactly why atheists would regard my faith as a delusion and I can examine myself and ask “am I just deluded?” But I will never get a satisfactory answer of course.

To answer your question more directly, yes I have thought that, when I want a Christian. But now because I have faith I do not think that. If a really believed I was deluded then I would be a Christian and I wouldn’t be deluded.

I am a person of faith, but yes I do sometimes have doubts. I will thank God that he sustains my faith and that it doesn’t die.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '21 22:11
    Has anyone ever seen Divegeester write on this Forum "the Lord Jesus" or place "Lord" before the name of Jesus.

I am just curious about this.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Mar '21 23:50
    @divegeester said
    This idea I’m floating here is for a poster, me in this case, to start a new thread entitled “Diagnose me” and to create an OP describing their belief structure or motivations honestly, concisely and with the knowledge that they will probably get a little roasted. But it might be interesting and it might be fun.

So I’ll go first:
    - I seem to have a robust belief that ...[text shortened]... ellant.
    - I believe in Jesus Christ, still, somehow.

Diagnose me, feel free to speak your mind.
    If you only believe in Jesus Christ's teachings, and reject the Trinity, that man is made in the image of God, etc., it might be the case that you are just a deist who admires the teachings of Jesus Christ.

This could be understandably confusing to any Englishman because, at this point, your position really is not that different from many Anglicans, so you could still call yourself a Christian without anyone being skeptical of it. Yet, 100 years ago, you wouldn't be considered a Christian by most stretches of the imagination. Maybe some kind of Unitarian Universalist.

And, four hundred years ago, you would be liable to be tortured until you recanted or burnt at the stake for atheism.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 00:14
    @philokalia said
    And, four hundred years ago, you would be liable to be tortured until you recanted or burnt at the stake for atheism.
    If divegeester went to his death in this way without recanting and without being intimidated, do you imagine your Orhodox Christian God figure would have been impressed by his honesty, courage and for sticking to his beliefs and principles?
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 00:18
    @fmf said
    If divegeester went to his death in this way without recanting and without being intimidated, do you imagine your Orhodox Christian God figure would have been impressed by his honesty, courage and for sticking to his beliefs and principles?
    Yes.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 00:30
    @philokalia said
    If you only believe in Jesus Christ's teachings, and reject the Trinity, that man is made in the image of God, etc., it might be the case that you are just a deist who admires the teachings of Jesus Christ.

This could be understandably confusing to any Englishman because, at this point, your position really is not that different from many Anglicans, so you could still ...[text shortened]... years ago, you would be liable to be tortured until you recanted or burnt at the stake for atheism.
    Hopefully in another 400 yrs your church fathers will learn to keep their dick in their pants instead of sticking it into little boys.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree