dear theists

dear theists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
17 Mar 12

Today Ireland are playing England in an International rugby match of epic proportions,
I know not what God or gods you are venerating, but please petition him or her or
them on my behalf for an Irish victory, a defeat is too painful to contemplate and akin
to a national disaster of Biblical proportions, thanks in advance Robbie.

F

Moves
17 Mar 12

Despite being British, I've always supported Ireland against England in the rugby - but I back England against Ireland in the cricket. Just wanted to make that clear.

rc

Moves
17 Mar 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Despite being British, I've always supported Ireland against England in the rugby - but I back England against Ireland in the cricket. Just wanted to make that clear.
Thankyou FMF, i find your support most encouraging! strange that i have never thought
of myself as British, when one is brought up with some links to Ireland as you have and
I to a limited extent, did the question of the struggle never taint your perception of
being British?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Today Ireland are playing England in an International rugby match of epic proportions,
I know not what God or gods you are venerating, but please petition him or her or
them on my behalf for an Irish victory, a defeat is too painful to contemplate and akin
Shouldn't you be more concerned with Scotland trying to avoid the wooden spoon?

rc

Moves
17 Mar 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Shouldn't you be more concerned with Scotland trying to avoid the wooden spoon?
although we have lost our games, we have not played that badly, we should have
beaten France, but it matters not, today we are playing for pride. I support whoever
plays the pomms at any sport, Ireland, France, Wales, South Africa, Australia, Sri
Lanka, India, Pakistan, anyone, i doesn't matter, but i can tell your sweatin it PK. 😛

F

Moves
17 Mar 12

Thankyou FMF, i find your support most encouraging! strange that i have never thought
of myself as British, when one is brought up with some links to Ireland as you have and
I to a limited extent, did the question of the struggle never taint your perception of
being British?
Well I am not English in any meaningful way. So British is my nationality. And I am comfortable with it. Not being English is a key to it, I think. My Irish "ethnicity" does not translate - at all - into a feeling akin to being an Irish citizen. Which leaves only being British.

rc

Moves
17 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Well I am not English in any meaningful way. So British is my nationality. And I am comfortable with it. Not being English is a key to it, I think. My Irish "ethnicity" does not translate - at all - into a feeling akin to being an Irish citizen. Which leaves only being British.
but you were brought up Catholic, was the question of the Irish struggle ever an issue?
In Scotland among Catholics there was great sympathy for it. ok, gotta go, rugby
starts in five!

Moves
17 Mar 12

Any time you jocks want full independence please let us know so we can stop investing in your mickey mouse country.

F

Moves
17 Mar 12

but you were brought up Catholic, was the question of the Irish struggle ever an issue? In Scotland among Catholics there was great sympathy for it.
Sure. But it does not alter my nationality.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 12

No way, not in that little rich kids sport 😛 🙂

Cape Town

Moves
17 Mar 12

So you believe in the existence of gods that cheat? Not only that but you encourage them to cheat?

rc

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Any time you jocks want full independence please let us know so we can stop investing in your mickey mouse country.
as son as we get rid of you blood suckers we shall be the sixth richest nation on the
planet, i will personally chisel a line across the border, get a big stick and float you out
into the Atlantic where your cultural vacuum of a country can morris dance till its hearts
content.

rc

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
No way, not in that little rich kids sport 😛 🙂
its not a rich kids sport, maybe in Australia but here in Gods own country, that is
Scotland we play it at all levels.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
17 Mar 12

i'll petition coyote to give the irish a victory.

Moves
17 Mar 12