Dasa and the thought police

Dasa and the thought police

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
11 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Are you calling me a "liar"? Isn't that what you call someone who "fabricates" things?
NO I think there is a difference between a deliberate act of deception and a delusion. Whether you are a liar i don't know, you are certainly delusional though.

F

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Actually I think the site administration take a rather dim view of those whose sole use of this site seems to be to attempt to slanderously vilify other people instead of foment intellectual discussion and it comes as no surprise that they had the good sense to censor those one dimensional cardboard cut out ne'er do wells whose entire approach amounts to playing a blame game. Its a victory for tolerance over narrow mindedness, of good judgement over poor, of imagination over dullards, of understanding over mere condemnation.

Are you talking about Dasa?

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by googlefudge
It is indeed true.

RC is a massive hypocrite as well as a liar.
Well I am disappointed in him of course but the comments provoked by my wide eyed and innocent question do show a few things clearly:

People with diverse opinions on other topics seem entirely in agreement on this specific topic with the person banned.

Banning her has not reduced but amplified the loud and angry allegations against the person who asked for her to be banned

Hence, to my pleasure but perhaps to his surprise, it would seem that the outcome has been to enhance her credibility and reduce his - a Pyrrhic victory for him since it is (sadly) unusual for so many to rush to her defence.

By contrast, it is no less curious that in the case of Dasa, while Robbie took up the cudgels in his defence, others have disagreed with him and instead chorused their strong disapproval of Dasa's contibutions to this forum, which have been marked by violent bigotry.

A quote from Cromwell seems apposite here, in a Letter to the general assembly of the Church of Scotland (3 August 1650).
I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken.

Meanwhile the forum is less interesting and less representative with the ongoing banning of Duchess64 so I would refer him also to Kahlil Gibran, a remarkable Muslim thinker from whom we have so much to learn:

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

T

Moves
11 May 16
2 edits

Actually I think the site administration take a rather dim view of those whose sole use of this site seems to be to attempt to slanderously vilify other people instead of foment intellectual discussion and it comes as no surprise that they had the good sense to censor those one dimensional cardboard cut out ne'er do wells whose entire approach amount ...[text shortened]... mpty mantras day in and day out, you're a hypocrite, you're a liar, you're this and you're that.
You are a hypocrite and you are a liar. That's been well established by your long posting history. If you don't want people calling you out on it, then stop being a hypocrite and a liar. What's your "prospective [sic]" on your long running history of being a hypocrite and a liar?

This thread was a classic and all too typical:
http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/pancake-tuesday.138317

What's your "prospective [sic] on the following statement from your OP in light of your reporting D64?
"I really wonder if those who condemned Dasa are not some kind of 'thought police' and reported him to the site administration for his 'thought crime'?"

rc

Moves
11 May 16
4 edits

Originally posted by finnegan
Well I am disappointed in him of course but the comments provoked by my wide eyed and innocent question do show a few things clearly:

People with diverse opinions on other topics seem entirely in agreement on this specific topic with the person banned.

Banning her has not reduced but amplified the loud and angry allegations against the person who ask ...[text shortened]... intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. [/i]
My learned friend, have you too been sucked into the downwardly spiraling vortex of the blame game? Duchess64 was banned not for fomenting debate, not for providing intellectually stimulating discussion on a wide variety of topics but for taking an intellectual stance and forming it into a shillelagh with which to clobber Robbie over the head with (figuratively speaking). He was banned for vilely using the forum simply as a vehicle to vilify other users.

Now if you want to make him into some kind of martyr and hold him up as a radiant example for those people who contribute absolutely nothing to anyones understanding of anything on any level due to their incessant moralizing of each and every issue then so be it but I telly you truly its naught but a grotesque edifice, a kind of mangled wreckage to your own bias and to those who were sucked along in the pretense and went along with it.

rc

Moves
11 May 16
2 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You are a hypocrite and you are a liar. That's been well established by your long posting history. If you don't want people calling you out on it, then stop being a hypocrite and a liar. What's your "prospective [sic]" on your long running history of being a hypocrite and a liar?

This thread was a classic and all too typical:
http://www.redhotpawn.com ...[text shortened]... e kind of 'thought police' and reported him to the site administration for his 'thought crime'?"
The same old spiel. How many people have you termed a hypocrite and a liar? Perhaps you should simply include it in every post as a disclaimer at the end of every text? kind of like Cato the elder, 'Furthermore i am of the opinion that you are a hypocrite and a liar', and it will save everyone the bother. Not very imaginative nor very clever is it? surely you can do better than 'you are a hypocrite and a liar?' I refuse to believe you are so devoid of creativity and imagination.

T

Moves
11 May 16

The same old spiel. How many people have you termed a hypocrite and a liar? Perhaps you should simply include it in every post as a disclaimer at the end of every text? kind of like Cato the elder, 'Furthermore i am of the opinion that you are a hypocrite and a liar', and it will save everyone the bother. Not very imaginative nor very clever is it? ...[text shortened]... re a hypocrite and a liar?' I refuse to believe you are so devoid of creativity and imagination.
What's interesting is that the implication of your post is that I call pretty much everyone "a hypocrite and a liar". Which is not at all true. Which can even be termed a "lie". Imagine that.

It can even be termed an "attempt to slanderously [sic] vilify" another. Which can even be termed "hypocrisy" on your part. Imagine that.

You are what you are RC. And you continue your long history of being "a hypocrite and a liar".

You dish out false accusations faster than anyone I can think of.

F

Moves
11 May 16

Duchess64 was banned not for fomenting debate, not for providing intellectually stimulating discussion on a wide variety of topics but for taking an intellectual stance and forming it into a shillelagh with which to clobber Robbie over the head with (figuratively speaking).
Did you alert any Duchess64 posts? Do you agree with the ban? Did you alert any Dasa posts? Did you agree with his ban?

rc

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Did you alert any Duchess64 posts? Do you agree with the ban? Did you alert any Dasa posts? Did you agree with his ban?
Its none of your business FMF64

rc

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
What's interesting is that the implication of your post is that I call pretty much everyone "a hypocrite and a liar". Which is not at all true. Which can even be termed a "lie". Imagine that.

It can even be termed an "attempt to slanderously [sic] vilify" another. Which can even be termed "hypocrisy" on your part. Imagine that.

You are what you a ...[text shortened]... g "a hypocrite and a liar".

You dish out false accusations faster than anyone I can think of.
is it really the zenith of your powers of imagination?

F

Moves
11 May 16

Its none of your business FMF64
Why then were Dasa's posts and banning any of your business?

rc

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Why then were Dasa's posts and banning any of your business?
What has it got to do with you?

F

Moves
11 May 16

What has it got to do with you?
Well it's the topic of this thread on this public forum.

rc

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Well it's the topic of this thread on this public forum.
Well then I suggest you read the dialogue and try to refrain from sticking your nose into other people's business.

F

Moves
11 May 16
1 edit

Well then I suggest you read the dialogue and try to refrain from sticking your nose into other people's business.
But if this is the kind of comment that's going to be your retort, wasn't this entire thread just you "sticking your nose into other people's business"?