Dasa and the thought police

Dasa and the thought police

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No one is saying that he has not broken the site terms of service, lets be clear.

Unless you can adequately and satisfactorily explain to the forum just how Dasa was going to carry out his mass murder then we are free to dismiss the claims that they would result in overt action as absurd and as likely to result in the death of anyone as if he pr ...[text shortened]... ther trite sayings, 'puts a nail in this whole thread', when infact it does nothing of the sort.
'No one is saying that he has not broken the site terms of service, lets be clear.'

So what on Earth are you blabbering about then? Dasa broke the terms of service and was duly banned from the site. (The curtain comes down).

Dasa was free to have whatever thoughts he wanted, 'in his own head' but to express those thoughts in public forums where terms of service existed, that disallowed such extreme posts, was his own doing. (He made his bed and had to lie in it).

Again, only you are fixated on the idea of him personally carrying out his hate filled speech. (When everyone else knows he was incapable of wrestling an action man).

I think that puts this hippo to bed. You can't have your cake and eat it. The fat lady has sung.

rc

Moves
02 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
'No one is saying that he has not broken the site terms of service, lets be clear.'

So what on Earth are you blabbering about then? Dasa broke the terms of service and was duly banned from the site. (The curtain comes down).

Dasa was free to have whatever thoughts he wanted, 'in his own head' but to express those thoughts in public forums wher ...[text shortened]... I think that puts this hippo to bed. You can't have your cake and eat it. The fat lady has sung.
Soooooo lets be clear,

you cannot adequately and satisfactorily explain to the forum just how Dasa was going to carry out his mass murder and we are thus free to dismiss the claims that they would result in overt action as absurd and as likely to result in the death of anyone as if he proclaimed that he was building a Death Star and would eliminate Muslims by means of it!

Incredible, a truly astonishing development. Tell my Ghostly one how many aimless daydreamers you have accosted today, just wistfully going about there business catching flies and dreaming inside their minds eye?

F

Moves
02 May 16

... how many aimless daydreamers you have accosted today, just wistfully going about there business catching flies and dreaming inside their minds eye?
How many "aimless daydreamers" have been banned from this web site in your estimation?

F

Moves
02 May 16

As long as they are not threatening I don't mind because I realise that its simply a reflection of their disposition at that point in time and may change, people can and do change.
On a couple of occasions during Dasa's final fortnight here, he threatened to physically assault me if he meets me face to face. Do you think those posts of his ought to have been deleted?

F

Moves
02 May 16

What is clear is that there is all kinds of legislation afoot aimed at limiting freedom of thought and expression and the Orwellian vision is now truly upon us like never before.
In what way are you claiming Dasa's "freedom of thought" has been limited?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 May 16

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Inciting religious hatred.
Last I heard, that is illegal in many countries. The thing is, when people say stuff like 'kill all Muslims', even though Dasa was just spouting off, there could well be someone reading it and going YES, I think I will start it off, with my trusty Uzi...

You have perhaps seen that effect, a KKK leader says all blacks should be run out of town and then some blacks get killed in the process then media types interview the leader who says ' I never told them to kill anyone' while thinking 'good job boys'

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 May 16
1 edit

Soooooo lets be clear,

you cannot adequately and satisfactorily explain to the forum just how Dasa was going to carry out his mass murder and we are thus free to dismiss the claims that they would result in overt action as absurd and as likely to result in the death of anyone as if he proclaimed that he was building a Death Star and would elimin ...[text shortened]... y, just wistfully going about there business catching flies and dreaming inside their minds eye?
You miss the point sir, which actually is rather impressive, considering how big and pointy the point is.

I can not explain to the forum how Dasa was going to carry out his mass murder, as no one (but you apparently) even considered such an actuality. It was not his potential actions that got him banned but his hate filled speech which was not only possible incitement to others but arguably illegal in it's own right. What Webmaster in his right mind wouldn't have kicked him into touch?

And again, you casually refer to his rants with such terminology as 'daydreaming' or 'political incorrectness' when in truth he advocated genocide and other such atrocities. - A forum community needs to have a collective understanding of where the line is. Dasa crossed that line repeatedly of his own volition. He was one sick puppy.

rc

Moves
02 May 16
4 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
You miss the point sir, which actually is rather impressive, considering how big and pointy the point is.

I can not explain to the forum how Dasa was going to carry out his mass murder, as no one (but you apparently) even considered such an actuality. It was not his potential actions that got him banned but his hate filled speech which was not onl ...[text shortened]... where the line is. Dasa crossed that line repeatedly of his own volition. He was one sick puppy.
His forum ban, his hate filled rants are not in dispute.

What is in dispute is the real world capacity for him actually carrying out or inciting others to carry out these atrocities and as we have now established there was as much chance of him carrying out overt actions or inciting others to commit overt violent actions as there was for him building a death star with the Grand Moff as its commander. His complete spiel was therefore nothing more than a fantasy, a spectre, a phantom, a hallucination! a delusion!

Look how rationality has broken down. We have sonhouse above alleging that its entirely rational and plausible that someone was sitting at home with an Uzi semi-automatic strapped across their shoulder and would have come to a chess site and been abstractly* influenced by the text to such an extent that they start indiscriminately mass murdering Muslims????

Now I am not a sceptical man, I have a willingness to make room for all kinds of possibilities, heck I have even made room for the supernatural, but I find that such a scenario stretches even my fervent imagination ( and I am a habitual daydreamer) to fairy riding white unicorn at bottom of garden conversing with golden fish while celestial lights fall like stardust to sound of Purple Haze!

The point sir I think you will find is atop your hat!

*used in the sense without precedent

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
02 May 16

His forum ban, his hate filled rants are not in dispute.

What is in dispute is the real world capacity for him actually carrying out or inciting others to carry out these atrocities and as we have now established there was as much chance of him carrying out overt actions or inciting others to commit overt violent actions as there was for him bui ...[text shortened]...

The point sir I think you will find is atop your hat!

*used in the sense without precedent
We do not know what Dasa's personal capacity for violence was. Had we been reading posts by Anders Breivik before his massacre we may have been saying the same thing. We do not know who reads these posts, we only know about the people who post here. There are enough people on this site that it is perfectly plausible that his calls for genocide could be a contributing factor to one of them carrying out an attack.

Cape Town

Moves
02 May 16

What is in dispute is the real world capacity for him actually carrying out or inciting others to carry out these atrocities and as we have now established there was as much chance of him carrying out overt actions or inciting others to commit overt violent actions as there was for him building a death star with the Grand Moff as its commander.
Actually, although you tried very hard to suggest a dispute, nobody actually did dispute his capacity to carry out the atrocities he desired, so to call it 'in dispute' seems a little strange given that it was all in your head.
As for his capacity to incite others that was disputed and you in no way established that he had no such capacity.
In fact, you established neither claim in any way. You merely stated that what you believed was so, without evidence or argument to support you.
As DeepThought has since pointed out, both claims may be rightfully disputed and it is actually impossible for you to reasonably establish your claim as there is simply insufficient evidence.

I also note that you have failed to explain why you have a problem with 'thought police' and why you attempted to police my thoughts earlier in the thread.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 May 16

Robbie's on the ropes!

rc

Moves
02 May 16

Originally posted by DeepThought
We do not know what Dasa's personal capacity for violence was. Had we been reading posts by Anders Breivik before his massacre we may have been saying the same thing. We do not know who reads these posts, we only know about the people who post here. There are enough people on this site that it is perfectly plausible that his calls for genocide could be a contributing factor to one of them carrying out an attack.
Nonsense! unsubstantiated! uncorroborated! pure one hundred percent unadulterated hyper-drool! Yes you do not know and your text is therefore an appeal to what is not known rather than what is! There is NO evidence that his text would influence anyone any more than if he told them he had a Death star commandeered by the Grand Moff, Your text is ludicrous, irrational, atesticular meanderings of a whiny gelding!

Cape Town

Moves
02 May 16
1 edit

Your text is ludicrous, irrational, atesticular meanderings of a whiny gelding!
And yours good sir is in violation of the forum guidelines:
Discussions in forums can often get heated, but while you may take issue with another poster's viewpoint, you must not resort to personal attacks or abuse. Do not post offensive or inflammatory remarks that stray beyond the bounds of reasoned debate. Calling another poster an "idiot" will leave a post subject to immediate removal.

Cape Town

Moves
02 May 16

Nonsense! unsubstantiated! uncorroborated! pure one hundred percent unadulterated hyper-drool! Yes you do not know and your text is therefore an appeal to what is not known rather than what is! There is NO evidence that his text would influence anyone any more than if he told them he had a Death star commandeered by the Grand Moff, Your text is ludicrous, irrational, atesticular meanderings of a whiny gelding!
You make a good case for the need for thought police.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 May 16

"Nonsense! unsubstantiated! uncorroborated! pure one hundred percent unadulterated hyper-drool! Yes you do not know and your text is therefore an appeal to what is not known rather than what is! There is NO evidence......"

Wait a minute, aren't you just describing religion?