Criminal or Insane

Criminal or Insane

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Jan 11

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]==================
Yep. You're wrong again.
======================

I allow for the possiblity of an error in timing but not in essence.

It is possible that perhaps it has not yet hit you that you really don't know what is the meaning of your life.

I concede that in timing I may be wrong. In essence I do not believe I am incorrect.[/b]
You are correct i don't know what the meaning of my life is. But i don't feel the need to assign any meaning to my life, it is what it is. I have more things to think about and concentrate on that to speculate upon something which i will never know the answer to. You obviously feel different.

At some point in your life you wanted to fill the void which you had and you chose Christianity. Great, if that works for you and makes you happy who am i to say anything different.

j

Moves
20 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You are correct i don't know what the meaning of my life is. But i don't feel the need to assign any meaning to my life, it is what it is. I have more things to think about and concentrate on that to speculate upon something which i will never know the answer to. You obviously feel different.

At some point in your life you wanted to fill the void whic ...[text shortened]... stianity. Great, if that works for you and makes you happy who am i to say anything different.
=====================================

At some point in your life you wanted to fill the void which you had and you chose Christianity. Great, if that works for you and makes you happy who am i to say anything different.
==================================

I did not choose Christianity Mr Knob. I chose that night a LIVING PERSON. I chose Jesus Christ. He is unusual. But He is a living Person.

There is a difference.

Now you are much much too tough for me. So I am not going to try to argue with you today. But this Jesus is an available living Person.

Its good news.

Maryland

Moves
20 Jan 11

[b]=====================================

At some point ...[text shortened]... e with you today. But this Jesus is an [b] available
living Person.

Its good news.[/b]
Jesus is a living person? When can I shake his hand? Does he have an address or perhaps an email? Where does he pay his taxes? Actually, to get right to the point, you have just proven the assertion of the initial post of this thread. Thank you!

D

St. Peter's

Moves
20 Jan 11

I believe the Bible is a message for all of humanity through out all time.[/b]
good, I'm glad you're on board

j

Moves
20 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by 667joe
Jesus is a living person? When can I shake his hand? Does he have an address or perhaps an email? Where does he pay his taxes? Actually, to get right to the point, you have just proven the assertion of the initial post of this thread. Thank you!
Your mockery in this point sounds as foolish to me as one mocking the existence of radio waves.

The Holy Spirit is called "the Spirit of reality". This is not a Person communicated with by the five physical senses. This is a Person touched and communed with from deep within the human spirit.

Your mockery sounds to me like the mockery of a blind man who scoffs at the mention of the color red.

Your spirit within is in a comatose state. You need regeneration. And no one who has not been born of God can "see" the kingdom of God.

In the book of Acts the apostles had received another life into them in addition to the natural life that they were born with. And the angel said "Go and stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life." (Acts 5:20)

This was a radical new experience. Divine life had been dispensed into them. This is the living Person, Christ who transformed Himself into a "life giving Spirit" .

The Person of Christ can come and make an abode with those who receive Him as divine life - a Person with whom we may fellowship, commune, flow together, blend with, mingled with, and abide in.

It is something like the invisible radio waves which you cannot see. But with the proper apparatus, its existence you can verify.

You have within you a kind of "anntena" called your human spirit. It can me enlivened from its comatose state, awakened from its deadened state through the new birth, and be joined to the Lord.

"He who is JOINED to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

Jesus Christ can mingle with your being like a hand fits right into a glove. Then you can deepen your experience of this Person more and more, and like the apostle go and tell the people "all the words of this LIFE".

www.regenerated.net

Maryland

Moves
21 Jan 11

Your mockery in this point sounds as foolish to me as one mocking the existence of radio waves.

The Holy Spirit is called [b]"the Spirit of reality"
. This is not a Person communicated with by the five physical senses. This is a Person touched and communed with from deep within the human spirit.

Your mockery sounds to me like the mockery of a b ...[text shortened]... o and tell the people "all the words of this LIFE".

www.regenerated.net[/b]
Everything you said could apply to Allah, or Santa Claus for that matter. I don't believe in any of them because I am not superstitious.

j

Moves
21 Jan 11
2 edits

Everything you said could apply to Allah, or Santa Claus for that matter. I don't believe in any of them because I am not superstitious.
No. Everything I said could not be applied to Allah or Islam or Santa Claus. That is if we examine the words attributed to them.

They are all the same to you not because you are not superstitious but because you are ignorant of the teachings associated with each.

They are the same to you because neither Christ nor Allah or Santa is something you want to be enfluenced by. Not wanting to be enfluenced by any of them is the only common factor by which you boast that they are all the same to you.

I can't take you seriously as one who has really thought soberly about these matters. Your responses are getting more and more irrational and merely emotional. You just don't like what you don't like what you don't like !

That's all.

Maryland

Moves
21 Jan 11
1 edit

No. Everything I said could not be applied to Allah or Islam or Santa Claus. That is if we examine the words attributed to them.

They are all the same to you not because you are not superstitious but because you are ignorant of the teachings associated with each.

They are the same to you because neither Christ nor Allah or Santa is something you w al. You just [b] don't like what you don't like what you don't like !

That's all.[/b]
My views are my views because I am familiar with Santa, Jesus and Allah.

P

weedhopper

Moves
26 Jan 11

Originally posted by FabianFnas
True. True.
Only if he didn't have the good sense to understand little things like metaphor, sarcasm, analogy, hyperbole...

j

Moves
27 Jan 11
1 edit

My views are my views because I am familiar with Santa, Jesus and Allah.
You are ? I think just "familiar" enough to concoct some strawman arguments, easy for you to knock down.

You are "familiar" enough just to comfort yourself with guilt by association reasonings.

I think you feel that no more "familiarity" is needed then to achieve this end.

Maryland

Moves
27 Jan 11

You are ? I think just "familiar" enough to concoct some strawman arguments, easy for you to knock down.

You are "familiar" enough just to comfort yourself with guilt by association reasonings.

I think you feel that no more "familiarity" is needed then to achieve this end.
Atheists of often more bible literate than believers. That's why we are atheists!