Criminal or Insane

Criminal or Insane

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
17 Jan 11

If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament he would be a criminal. If he would strictly follow the teachings of the New, he would be insane. Robert Ingersoll

F

Moves
17 Jan 11

Originally posted by 667joe
If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament he would be a criminal. If he would strictly follow the teachings of the New, he would be insane. Robert Ingersoll
True. True.

g

kent

Moves
17 Jan 11

Silly 2 liner contained in a cheap box of Christmas crackers more like.

w

Moves
17 Jan 11

Christ once said that loving God with all your heart and loving your neighbor completes the law of God....unless you desire to continue to sacrifice animals to atone for your sins rather than have Christ do it for you.

So how about it, was he insane?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Jan 11

Originally posted by gearies
Silly 2 liner contained in a cheap box of Christmas crackers more like.
/thread

Maryland

Moves
17 Jan 11

Let's face it, nobody lives the way the bible says.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Jan 11

And the ones that do....oh boy🙄 .
They affect even me with their silliness.I'm very sensitive like that😳

j

Moves
17 Jan 11

Why should we believe that ?

I know thousands of people who live the way the Bible says.

P

Moves
17 Jan 11

Originally posted by jaywill

Including the old testament?

Maryland

Moves
17 Jan 11

You always turn the other cheek and have given all your property and money to the poor?

j

Moves
17 Jan 11
2 edits

You always turn the other cheek and have given all your property and money to the poor?
No joe. I still retain some property.

But moments have come when I did give away because the Lord within me was giving away. And there also have been times when I left my vindication up to God rather than fight back, because that is what the Lord was doing within me - turning the other cheek.

You see the New Testament has Jesus teaching "Abide in Me and I in you". It is a matter of lingering in the realm of Christ and flowing along with what He is doing.

It is foolishly legalistic for you to lift at random a phrase here and there and gloat the NO Christians on earth are living as the Bible says.

Maryland

Moves
17 Jan 11

You are not living up to your biblical Christian obligations by keeping even some of your property, and your response to me certainly did not turn the other cheek.

j

Moves
17 Jan 11

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Including the old testament?
I know many who are still trying to live the laws of Moses, not personally.

The New Testament is the teaching to receive the available Christ and abide in Him, allowing Him to abide in us.

Living Christ is not a matter of how one acts as much as how one reacts. We learn to more and more abide in the Holy Spirit. Then Jesus flows out of our reactions because He dispenses Himself into our souls.

Thousands are experiencing this and growing in this.

Maryland

Moves
17 Jan 11

I know many who are still trying to live the laws of Moses, not personally.

The New Testament is the teaching to receive the available Christ and abide in Him, allowing Him to abide in us.

Living Christ is not a matter of how one acts as much as how one reacts. We learn to more and more abide in the Holy Spirit. Then Jesus flows out of our reactions ...[text shortened]... e He dispenses Himself into our souls.

Thousands are experiencing this and growing in this.
But they are not living following the rules of the bible.

F

Moves
17 Jan 11

You are not living up to your biblical Christian obligations by keeping even some of your property, and your response to me certainly did not turn the other cheek.
It would be insane to give away everything. It would be insane to turn the other cheek. Acording to Robert Ingersoll.

Do you imply that jaywill would be insane?