Credit/Blame

Credit/Blame

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Feb 18

Originally posted by @667joe
Why does god always get the credit, but never the blame. If a boat with 10 people capsizes and 9 drown, the 10th person will thank god for his survival, but not blame god for the death of the other nine or the capsizing of the boat.
History is replete with men blaming God for their own faults.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You surprise me.
Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Obviously they are unaware of Gods true nature
How, pray tell, do you alone understand something you do not believe in?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Feb 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
I believe in what I know . No ifs , no buts, no maybes

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Feb 18

I am not alone

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Feb 18

History is replete with men blaming God for their own faults.
And women?

F

Moves
25 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I actually think it’s the opposite. When misfortune happens, people are quick to blame God. When something good happens, they’re quick to claim credit for themselves.
Which religious traditions/religious people are you talking about?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
And women?
Men, as in man, as in humans. Last I heard, this included women. Why be so pedantic?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Which religious traditions/religious people are you talking about?
I’m speaking of people who believe in God. I didn’t inquire what religion they subscribed to. Aside from that, it’s human nature.

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I believe in what I know . No ifs , no buts, no maybes
What do you know about God?

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

I’m speaking of people who believe in God. I didn’t inquire what religion they subscribed to. Aside from that, it’s human nature.
In my experience, your assertion about what blame and credit religious people give to their god figures with regard to their own fortunes and misfortunes rings false. In the Islamic culture I live in presently, for instance, the tendency to thank "God" for the happy things, 'blessings', good fortune, for answering prayers etc. is very strong just as is the tendency to blame oneself for misfortunes, to repent, to pray to "God" for his help, thank Him for it I found the same when living in Christian contexts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

In my experience, your assertion about what blame and credit religious people give to their god figures with regard to their own fortunes and misfortunes rings false. In the Islamic culture I live in presently, for instance, the tendency to thank "God" for the happy things, 'blessings', good fortune, for answering prayers etc. is very strong just as is the tend ...[text shortened]... pray to "God" for his help, thank Him for it I found the same when living in Christian contexts.
Well I suggest your “experience” is a fabrication designed to facilitate trolling.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

Well I suggest your “experience” is a fabrication designed to facilitate trolling.
I've got many decades of close-up experience of Christianity, Christians and Christianity-infused culture. And 26 or more years' close-up experience of Islamic culture and what makes ordinary Muslims tick. I think my experience has granted me some insights into the kind of assertion you made about credit and blame with regard to those two religions at least.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

I've got many decades of close-up experience of Christianity, Christians and Christianity-infused culture. And 26 or more years' close-up experience of Islamic culture and what makes ordinary Muslims tick. I think my experience has granted me some insights into the kind of assertion you made about credit and blame with regard to those two religions at least.
That’s great

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

When misfortune happens, people are quick to blame God. When something good happens, they’re quick to claim credit for themselves.
Are you are quick to blame your god figure when misfortune happens, and are you quick to claim credit for yourself [and not give credit to your god figure] when something good happens?