Credit Where Credit is Due

Credit Where Credit is Due

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Aug 21

@sonship said
You're the one too chicken to define "atheism".

No position is the strongest position to defend.
What's to define or defend? My atheism is a disbelief in gods of any kind.

Why aren't you getting that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Aug 21
5 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What's to define or defend? My atheism is a disbelief in gods of any kind.

Why aren't you getting that?
So a false prophet is therefore any prophet speaking about God.

And a true "prophet of God" to you does not exist.

The New Testament teaches me that the church is built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets.

"Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone." (Eph. 2:20)

Just to be clear on the hypocrisy of your selective "false prophet!" calling.

To you:
No God exists.
So no apostles of God exist.
So no prophets of God exist.
So all prophets are false prophets.
So no church of God exists.
And no Son of God as her cornerstone exists.

Regardless of what is taught ALL prophets to you are by definition "false prophets".

A definition of CHARLATON is
a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud.
"a self-confessed con artist and charlatan"

You act as a con artist pretending to have special knowledge of false prophets as opposed to true prophets when actually you recognize NO true prophets.

This is a con job. You are the one acting the CHARLATON.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 21

@sonship said
So a false prophet is therefore any prophet speaking about God.

And a true "prophet of God" to you does not exist.

The New Testament teaches me that the church is built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets.

"Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone." (Eph. 2:20)

Just t ...[text shortened]... ally you recognize NO true prophets.

This is a con job. You are the one acting the CHARLATON.
Within Christianity, a false prophet is one who brings a message not in accordance with scripture.

This is why I call Witness Lee a false prophet.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21
2 edits

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 21

@sonship

Need to contain that temper. It doesn't play well.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21
4 edits

Within Christianity, a false prophet is one who brings a message not in accordance with scripture.

To which you are unable to demonstrate from Scripture that we could not say God about the church being in God in a kind of four in one union.

Yep, you're right on time. Ineffective weak rebuttals from Scripture followed by switching quips about my emotions. Not much of a substitute for proving the New Testament wrong.

The believers are now on the Triune God. In eternity future the New Jerusalem is the habitation of God, the living house of God, the Body of Christ.

You may fling off a little post about my temper. That will not make the verses I sited about being in God somehow go away.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 21

@sonship said

To which you are unable to demonstrate from Scripture that we could not say God about the church being in God in a kind of four in one union.

Yep, you're right on time. Ineffective we ...[text shortened]... tle post about my temper. That will not make the verses I sited about being in God somehow go away.
I think you are just a little embarrassed by the whole 'Four-in-one God' thing and secretly wish Witness Lee hadn't said it (or condemned Christians to Satan).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

No am I not sorry.
And you must be the most religious atheist I ever met.

If you are concerned about sacrilege have you considered the sacrilege of saying that God is lie invented by people?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

No am I not sorry.
And you must be the most religious atheist I ever met.

If you are concerned about sacrilege have you considered the sacrilege of saying that God is lie invented by people?
I'm an atheist. Saying there is no god is the same as saying there is no Bigfoot. (Although Bigfoot at least has some photographic evidence). My concern is the snake oil your are secretly selling your fellow Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

There is nothing "secretive" being done here.
Have you always been such a liar?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

There is nothing "secretive" being done here.
Have you always been such a liar?
You frequently fail to give your source and flog the words of a proven charlatan in the guise of genuine Christian understanding.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21
1 edit

Moving on.

Pray-reading the word of God is an extension of Christ's words, quoting the Hebrew Bible that man shall not live by bread alone but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

This implies that the word of God is food.
This implies that the word should be taken in and digested.

This implies that "EVERY word" of the Bible can be so taken for assimilation and digestion. Praying over the word of God is one way to masticate and digest thoroughly every word that proceeds out through the mouth of God.

I'm moving on now folks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21

Rather than lock everyone into ONLY Witness Lee's utterances, Witness Lee strongly encouraged Christians everywhere to PRAY and READ the Bible to
receive direct nourishment from the Holy Spirits illuminating the words of Scripture to the seeking heart.

It is an old practice. Jeremiah said he found great joy in finding God's words and "eating" them.

" Your words were found and I ate them, And Your word became to me the gladness and joy of my heart." (Jer. 15:16)

Praying over the Holy Bible a little will gladden your heart.
It will feed your spiritual "stomach".

Pray-reading also involves musing, reciting, considering with meditation and prayerfully contemplating God's word.

"I will muse upon Your precepts and regard Your ways.
I will take delight in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word." (Psa. 119:15,16)

What a service was provided by Brother Lee and other Christians for showing us how to pray over the words of the Bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21

Moving on.

The word "muse" is helpful in understanding praying with the words of the Bible.

" Cause me to understand the way of Your precepts, And I will MUSE upon Your wonderous deeds " (Psa. 119:27)

When you read the bible and come across the deeds of God, it is good to prayerfully consider them, speaking them to yourself and speaking them back to God.

When you as a believer are opposed by people for your faith, it is good to muse upon God's words. This will build up your faith and fortify your trust in God.

"Princes as well have sat and spoken against me,
But Your servant mused upon Your statutes.
Also Your testimonies are my delight; They are my counselors," (Psa. 119:23,24)

The words of the Bible become your very friend and counselors through praying over those divine words.

Definition of muse (Entry 1 of 3)
intransitive verb

1: to become absorbed in thought
especially : to think about something carefully and thoroughly
musing about what might have been
2archaic : WONDER, MARVEL

transitive verb

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/muse

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 21

@sonship said
Rather than lock everyone into ONLY Witness Lee's utterances, Witness Lee strongly encouraged Christians everywhere to PRAY and READ the Bible to
receive direct nourishment from the Holy Spirits illuminating the words of Scripture to the seeking heart.
Witness Lee did however describe his own utterances as "High peak truths."

So let's be clear about this. In typical charlatan style, Witness Lee described established Christianity as being an organization of Satan and that his own words were 'High peak truths' supplanting what came before.