1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '21 06:10
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I am not laughing at your Loads of Wasted Living.
    You have no idea how I live, you’re just angry that I don’t take your pomposity seriously and show you the reverence you seek, so you’re lashing out at me.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '21 13:20
    @divegeester

Your "reverence" of me personally or your "LOL" of me personally are just about the same. Neither are that important. I do know value when I encounter it.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Nov '21 14:07
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Your "reverence" of me personally or your "LOL" of me personally are just about the same. Neither are that important. I do know value when I encounter it.
    But not humility, hey?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '21 09:471 edit
    The phrase "the high peak" is probably derived from John being carried away to a high mountain to see the climax of God's salvation in the last two books of the Bible - Revelation.

"And he carried me away in spirit unto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God." (Rev. 21:10)

Ghost of Duke levelled the false accusation that Witness Lee in speaking of the high peak of revelation was under valuing or devaluing Christian teaching of the past. In other words what Witness Lee taught as the high peak made all previous enlightenment from church history invalid, wrong, incorrect.

This was Ghost's eagerness to slander someone who always spoke of standing on the shoulders of past teachers, as to recognize how God used them.

For example:
    Ever since the Lord's recovery started in China, we have paid much attention to studying the truth and the Bible. We have read deeply into church history and thoroughly researched the various important schools of interpretation of the Bible. Hence, in our exposition of the Scriptures, we are standing on the shoulders of our predecessors. We may say that the Lord's recovery today has passed through Luther, Zinzendorf, the Brethren, and now it has reached us. This is why we have utterances such as “Christ is all-inclusive.” This is what we have seen, and this utterance is uniquely ours. We are able to see so many things because we are standing on the shoulders of our predecessors. If I stand on the ground, what I can see will be very limited, but if I climb onto the top of a thousand-man human pyramid and stand on the shoulders of the person on the very top, then I will be able to see much farther. This is not to say that we are looking down on our predecessors; rather, we are grateful for what they saw, but at the same time, we feel that what they saw was lower. Although the things they saw were numerous, they were on the ground level. Although we have not seen as many things as they first saw, the things we have seen are high and were seen from a high position.

copied without permission from Speaking for God by Witness Lee
    https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=270E49EDC4
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Nov '21 16:49
    @sonship said
    The phrase "the high peak" is probably derived from John being carried away to a high mountain to see the climax of God's salvation in the last two books of the Bible - Revelation.

"And he carried me away in spirit unto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God." (Rev. 21:10)

Ghost of Duke l ...[text shortened]... aking for God[/b] by Witness Lee
    https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=270E49EDC4
    Witness Lee said that 'he' spoke high peak truths.

Trying to support that with a biblical reference to mountains is perhaps your most tenuous link yet.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '21 22:03
    @sonship
    So it is safe to assume you are not Muslim?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '21 13:19
    @sonhouse
    I am not a Muslim.
    How's your guitar playing going?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree