1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 12:112 edits
    Rajk999, your way of OPPOSING the Gospel and the witnesses is to come babbling about how you're better than all the money grubbing churches. For after all and you have red letter words about keeping the commandments of Jesus alone for eternal life. You come to USE parts of the New Testament to actually OPPOSE the New Testament.

Actually the effect of your teaching is to make people more and more INDEPENDENT of the resurrected Christ and more trusting in their own self- righteous good doing looking down your nose at believers all as only "mouth worshippers."

People who take in your "gospel" of a non-resurrected Jesus who once told you to do commandments to get eternal life, causes the heart to be COLD towards Christ - not believing that Christ is available to be a Helper. And one is more to trust his own "I'm more charitable than thou" self effort from religious energy of the flesh.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 14:47
    I am opening a new thread about the contempt law keepers have for grace.

"Isaac vs Ishmael"
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 16:531 edit
    I didn't say I had no more to say about praying with the Scripture or pray-reading.

Am I saying that pray-reading is something a Christian HAS to do?
    No.

Am I saying I will not fellowship with a Christian who doesn't like to pray-read?
    No, I am not saying that.

It may be like speaking in tongues.
    You may want to try it or you may want not to try it.

I might say that mixing some reading with praying is PROBABLY something most Christians have done at least sometime in their life (without being conscious of it).

If you take the two matters separately though.

How can a believer be spiritually healthy if he doesn't pray? Its really really hard.

How can a believer be spiritually healthy of he doesn't read the word of God? It is too really, really hard.

What harm is there is sometimes mixing the two together.
    None, in my opinion.
    In fact it can be quite healthy - resurrecting two birds with one stone.
    (To say kill two birds is not as good)
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 17:18
    @sonship said
    I didn't say I had no more to say about praying with the Scripture or pray-reading.

Am I saying that pray-reading is something a Christian HAS to do?
    No.
    The reason a Christian is not required to pray read is that it is not a biblical concept. Praying and reading the Bible are two entirely separate undertakings.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 17:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The reason a Christian is not required to pray read is that it is not a biblical concept. Praying and reading the Bible are two entirely separate undertakings.
    But…what does “Witness Lee” say??
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '21 11:015 edits
    @divegeester

Give it a break.
    The faithful brother died in 1997. We're still here (who were helped by his ministry).

I don't recall off hand a requirement in the Bible that a Christian must mix his praying and reading of the Bible together. I don't need a requirement to do something which is obviously beneficial to my spiritual life when done well.

There is an exhortation from the Apostle Paul to take the word of God by means of all prayer, which I quoted already. (Eph. 6:17)

There are plenty examples in church history of saints who combined their reading of the Bible with their praying to their benefit.

There are examples in the Bible itself of saints combining their speaking God's word with their praying.

Aside from a cheap gossipy emotional reaction did you have some other reason for asking?

There's no requirement that you have to walk and chew gum at the same time either. Shssh! Some people . . . .
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 21:39
    Jewish Nanotech inventor and leading scientist James Tour gives testimony of how he met Yeshua (Jesus) and was blessed by reading the Bible and stopping over key passages that God uses to speak to him.

From Judaism to Jesus | Why some don't engage with the claims of Christ | Reasonable Faith UK
    YouTube
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '21 05:561 edit
    Whoever thumbed down many of these posts with a sign of disapproval should be ashamed of themselves. That is especially the ones helping people to understand the helpful practice of praying and reading in a mixed way the Holy Bible.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '21 06:39
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Give it a break.
    The faithful brother died in 1997. We're still here (who were helped by his ministry).
    Yes and the point being that you venerate him.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '21 06:40
    @sonship said
    Whoever thumbed down many of these posts with a sign of disapproval should be ashamed of themselves. That is especially the ones helping people to understand the helpful practice of praying and reading in a mixed way the Holy Bible.
    Name one person here who you believe is remotely even interested in your “teaching” here?

Just one.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '21 06:42
    @sonship said
    I don't recall off hand a requirement in the Bible that a Christian must mix his praying and reading of the Bible together.
    That’s because it doesn’t exist, your church made it up.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '21 09:41

Removed by poster

13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '21 13:132 edits
    Praying over the word of God is good./ Don't let people discourage you from mixing your prayer and your reading of the Bible.

When Jesus died on the cross the only Scriptures they had were the Tanak - the Old Testament.

Would you believe it? Jesus, in dying, mixed His reciting of the Scripture with a prayer. Sure He did. He PRAYED and He REPEATED Psalm 22:1

" And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? That is, My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?" (Matthew 27:46)

Who can deny that this was the Lord Jesus PRAYING?
    Even crying out praying in desperation it was.

Who can deny that this was also reciting the Bible?
    He was repeating the only Scriptures they had at that time.

"My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, From the words of my groaning?" (Psalm 22:1)

If praying and speaking the word of God was good for Jesus Christ, shouldn't it be good for His lovers to also do?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Nov '21 12:41
    The word of God gives life. It enlivens within with spiritual vitality.
    Why some are enlivened and others are deadened is mysterious but it is true.

When we search the Scriptures we also have to turn our heart towards God as a living Person that God is in reality. Then His word will enliven as we touch God.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Nov '21 12:521 edit
    Psalm 119 is great in showing how the words of God enlivened David who loved God and mused (considering, meditated, and prayerfully absorbed) His word.

verse 25 - My soul clings to the dust; ENLIVEN me according to Your word.

He knew God's word would infuse him with vital spiritual life.

verse 32 - Princes as well have sat and spoken against me, But Your servant mused upon Your statues."

What people said about him had no effect because of his musing on God's word.

verse 37 - Turn my eyes from beholding vanity. And ENLIVEN me in Your ways."

To muse and absorb the word of God imparts solid reality into one's life rescuing him from vanity, emptiness, futility, and purposelessness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree