1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Nov '21 13:00
    The righteous element in God's world imparts life into the heart.

verse 40 "Behold, I have longed after Your precepts; ENLIVEN me in Your righteousness."

God's word is right and righteous and life giving. His word is given to us to give us His Spirit.

Verse 88 shows David received life and was ENLIVENED by all that came out of the mouth of God.

"ENLIVEN me according to You lovingkindness, And I will keep the testimony of Your mouth."

verse 93 - David remembered that God's word imparted life to him in the past.

"I will never forget Your precepts, For by them You have ENLIVENED me."

So he comes back again and again to the life giving word, to pray over them, muse over them, absorb them with much meditation, consideration, and reflection.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 16:355 edits
    In the book of Acts the persecuted Christians cried out to God in prayer. In their prayer they also recited Scripture. Reciting of Scripture composed an important part of their prayer and petition to God.

Right here:

" . . . they lifted up their voice with one accord to God and said,

Sovereign Master, You are the one who has made heaven and earth and the sea and all things in them, Who, through the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of our father David Your servant, has said, "Why did the Gentiles rage, and the peoples devise vain things? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord and against His Christ."

For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do what Your hand and Your counsel predestinated to take place.

And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings and grant Your slaves to speak Your word with all boldness, while stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may take place through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus. . " (Acts 4:24-30)

Here as in many other places we see God's people PRAYING God's word BACK to Him. His previous sayings in Psalm 2:1,2 were included and mixed into their prayer, fortifying their prayer utterance, proclaimed and regurgitated in their praying with trust, with belief. This was a kind of pray - reading (or reciting) of the Bible.

But you have here an atheist who discourages you from reading the Bible (certainly with any seriousness), discourages you from praying (for there is no God) and discourages you from mixing the two together. He complains that to do so would be to succumb to a "charlatan."

The believers here though followed their need and God's word. They mixed their desperate prayer with God's trustworthy word. My encouragement to God seekers would be to follow the example of the saints in the church in Jerusalem in Acts 4.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 17:17
    @sonship said
    In the book of Acts the persecuted Christians cried out to God in prayer. In their prayer they also recited Scripture. Reciting of Scripture composed an important part of their prayer and petition to God.

Right here:

" . . . they lifted up their voice with one accord to God and said,

Sovereign Master, You are the one who has made heaven and earth and ...[text shortened]... od seekers would be to follow the example of the saints in the church in Jerusalem in [b]Acts 4.
    A good example of providing weak scripture to support the notion of pray reading.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 18:05
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

If you don't want to read the Bible seriously, don't
    If you don't want to pray, don't
    If you don't want to do either or both, then don't.

As for me, I recognize that to muse on the word as mentioned so many times is also vocal. prayerful. I don't need a two-by-four smashed knock on the head to realize praying with the words of the Bible is demonstrated and taught in the Bible.

A certain faithful Brother Mark Robbie said recently -

"Every morning we can touch the living Word in the written Word and have the divine reality, the processed Triune God, as the applied word, infused into our being (John 1:1; 10:35; 5:39-40; 6:63; Eph. 5:26; 6:17-18; Psalm 119:15). We need the divine reality infused into our being. We do not have to be an elderly or mature believer to experience this. Even the young people can have such experiences. I can testify that I experienced this as an eighteen-year-old. We just need to be trained to touch the Word in a proper way and with our spirit. This should be our normal, daily experience. The Word should convey God to us day by day."

copied, not pasted.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 18:13
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

If you don't want to read the Bible seriously, don't
    If you don't want to pray, don't
    If you don't want to do either or both, then don't.

As for me, I recognize that to muse on the word as mentioned so many times is also vocal. prayerful. I don't need a two-by-four smashed knock on the head to realize praying with the words ...[text shortened]... rmal, daily experience. The Word should convey God to us day by day." [/i]

copied, not pasted.
    You need to stop leading Christians astray with false doctrines and practices.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 18:202 edits
    I also give credit to the footnote by Brother Lee for Psalm 119:15 in the Recovery version.

"I will muse upon Your precepts. And regard Your ways"

"Rich in meaning, the Hebrew word for muse (often translated meditate in the KJV) implies to worship, to converse with oneself, and to speak aloud. To muse on the word is to taste and enjoy it through careful considering. Prayer, speaking to oneself, and praising the Lord may also be included in musing on the word. To muse on the word of God is to enjoy His word as His breath (2 Tim. 3:16) and thus to be infused with God, to breath God in, and to receive spiritual nourishment."

The late Witness Lee cared for the spiritual nourishment of Christians.
    Strengthen your private time with God - this was his burden.

Deepen your roots with Christ, the Holy Spirit and the word of God.
    This was his life's labor.

Build up yourselves spiritually with strong personal devotion to the truth of God's word and in the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Shame on anyone suggesting this was the activity of a charlatan seeking to get anything from anyone. Shame on your lousy paranoid accusing soul Ghost.

The man wanted nothing for himself. He wanted Christians to have MORE of Christ and MORE of the truth of God's word.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 18:27
    @sonship said
    I also give credit to the footnote by Brother Lee for Psalm 119:15 in the Recovery version.

"I will muse upon Your precepts. And regard Your ways"

"Rich in meaning, the Hebrew word for muse (often translated meditate in the KJV) implies to worship, to converse with oneself, and to speak aloud. To muse on the word is to taste and enjoy it ...[text shortened]... othing for himself. He wanted Christians to have MORE of Christ and MORE of the truth of God's word.
    You are a charlatan just like your idol Witness Lee.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 18:371 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    You need to stop leading Christians astray with false doctrines and practices.

Pick a letter between A and Z. Let's try, who knows, lets try G.

Here are a number of helpful books by the late Brother Witness Lee which start with letter randomly chosen by me "G"

General Outline of God's Economy and the Proper Living of a God-man, A
    General Sketch of the New Testament in the Light of Christ and the Church, A - Part 1: The Gospels and Acts
    General Sketch of the New Testament in the Light of Christ and the Church, A - Part 2: Romans through Philemon
    General Sketch of the New Testament in the Light of Christ and the Church, A - Part 3: Hebrews through Jude
    General Sketch of the New Testament in the Light of Christ and the Church, A - Part 4: Revelation
    Genuine Church, A
    Genuine Ground of Oneness, The
    Glad Tidings to Fallen Man
    Glorious Vision and the Way of the Cross, The
    God of Resurrection, The
    God Who Hides Himself, A
    God's Eternal Intention and Satan's Counterplot
    God's Intention Concerning Christ and the Church
    God's Need and God's Goal
    God's New Testament Economy
    God's Plan concerning the Church
    God's Purpose for the Church
    God's Salvation in Life
    God's Way in Life
    God, Education and Character
    God-man Living, The
    God-men, The
    God-ordained Way and the Eldership, The
    God-ordained Way to Practice the New Testament Economy, The
    Gospel of God, The (booklet)
    Gospel Outlines
    Governing and Controlling Vision in the Bible, The
    Great Mystery—Christ and the Church, The
    Greatest Prophecy in the Bible and Its Fulfillment, The
    Ground of the Church and the Meetings of the Church, The
    Ground of the Church and the Service of the Body, The
    Ground of the Church, The
    Guidelines for the Lord's Table Meeting and the Pursuit in Life
    Guidelines for the Propagation of the Lord's Recovery

Let's take another letter, say . . . . . L.
    Books by the late Brother Witness Lee with titles starting with L

Law and Grace of God in His Economy, The
    Law of Revival, The
    Leadership in the New Testament
    Leading the Young People with the Word and the Spirit
    Lesson Book, Level 1: Salvation—God's Full Salvation
    Lesson Book, Level 2: The Triune God—The Triune God and the Person and Work of Christ
    Lesson Book, Level 3: Two Spirits—Two Spirits - the Divine Spirit and the Human Spirit
    Lesson Book, Level 4: Life—Knowing and Experiencing Life
    Lesson Book, Level 5: The Church—The Vision and Building Up of the Church
    Lesson Book, Level 6: The Bible—The Word of God
    Lessons for New Believers
    Lessons on Prayer
    Life and Building as Portrayed in the Song of Songs
    Life and Building in the Gospel of John
    Life and Way for the Practice of the Church Life, The
    Life for the Preaching of the High Gospel, The
    Life Lessons, vol. 1 (#1-12)
    Life Lessons, vol. 2 (#13-24)
    Life Lessons, vol. 3 (#25-36)
    Life Lessons, vol. 4 (#37-48)
    Life Messages, vol. 1 (#1-41)
    Life Messages, vol. 2 (#42-75)
    Life-Study of 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther
    Life-Study of 1 & 2 Kings
    Life-Study of 1 & 2 Samuel
    Life-Study of 1 & 2 Thessalonians
    Life-Study of 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon
    Life-Study of 1 Corinthians
    Life-Study of 1 Peter
    Life-Study of 1, 2, & 3 John, Jude
    Life-Study of 2 Corinthians
    Life-Study of 2 Peter
    Life-Study of Acts
    Life-Study of Colossians
    Life-Study of Daniel
    Life-Study of Deuteronomy
    Life-Study of Ephesians
    Life-Study of Exodus
    Life-Study of Ezekiel
    Life-Study of Galatians
    Life-Study of Genesis
    Life-Study of Hebrews
    Life-Study of Isaiah
    Life-Study of James
    Life-Study of Jeremiah and Lamentations
    Life-Study of Job
    Life-Study of John
    Life-Study of Joshua, Judges & Ruth
    Life-Study of Leviticus
    Life-Study of Luke
    Life-Study of Mark
    Life-Study of Matthew
    Life-Study of Numbers
    Life-Study of Philippians
    Life-Study of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Songs
    Life-Study of Psalms
    Life-Study of Revelation
    Life-Study of Romans
    Life-Study of the Minor Prophets
    Life-Study of Zechariah
    Living a Life according to the High Peak of God's Revelation
    Living and Practical Way to Enjoy Christ, The
    Living and Principles of the Kingdom People, The
    Living Christ
    Living God and the God of Resurrection, The
    Living In and With the Divine Trinity
    Living in the Spirit
    Living Needed for Building Up the Small Group Meetings, The
    Living of Mutual Abiding with the Lord in Spirit, A
    Living That Fulfills God's Eternal Purpose, The
    Living with the Lord
    Lord's New Way and His Ministry Today, The
    Lord's Recovery and the Present Situation of Religion, The
    Lord's Recovery of Eating, The
    Lord's Table Meeting (Outlines), The
    Loving Mothers in the Church Life

Refer www.ministrybooks.org
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 18:42
    LOL.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 18:492 edits
    @divegeester
    LOL.

And your book on spiritualty ministering to the Christian public was - ? ? ?

What a wasted life! LOL there means "Loads of Wasted Living"
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 18:584 edits
    @Rajk999

Shame on you too, for thinking due appreciation is worship.
    Shame on your sycophant's brown nosing the forum atheist with thinking appreciation of a consecrated Christian's significant contribution is idol worship of him.

Stupidous Maximus.

If you had another brain cell it would be lonesome.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 19:022 edits

Removed by poster

13. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 19:26
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Shame on you too, for thinking due appreciation is worship.
    Shame on your sycophant's brown nosing the forum atheist with thinking appreciation of a consecrated Christian's significant contribution is idol worship of him.

Stupidous Maximus.

If you had another brain cell it would be lonesome.
    Appreciation ? Are you really that blind to your idolatry of this man? For the last 15 years you have bombarded this forum with the writings of this jackA$$ Witness Lee who has produced volumes and volumes of false doctrines which you like a hungry sycophant sucked up without thinking.

Because of Witness Lee you have abandoned the true teachings of Christ and the Apostles. You have promoted his faith only doctrine and attempted to convince people that good works are not necessary. Thankfully not many, if any at all here believes your nonsense, and you are mostly on your own.

I dont brownnose anybody. There are people here who believe that the teachings of Christ are good and righteous, and worthwhile following and keeping. That is far more that you ever do. These people who know the teachings of Christ and keep these commandments will fare far better on judgment day, than the mouth worshipping type, that go on and on boasting that they are saved and justified.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 21:30
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    LOL.

And your book on spiritualty ministering to the Christian public was - ? ? ?

What a wasted life! LOL there means "Loads of Wasted Living"
    I’m laughing at your idiotic spammy posts.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 21:401 edit
    @divegeester

I am not laughing at your Loads of Wasted Living.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree