1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Oct '20 12:06
    @kevcvs57 said
    I think they were probably trying to be inclusive and welcoming to an ostracised outsider. Remind you of anyone?
    In case anyone is interested in seeing the poster:

https://endtimeheadlines.org/2020/09/church-ad-features-bearded-jesus-with-womens-breasts-and-make-up/

The rainbow in the background is an obvious flag for a specific target group, 'for those with ears to hear.'
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Oct '20 12:19
    @moonbus said

https://endtimeheadlines.org/2020/09/church-ad-features-bearded-jesus-with-womens-breasts-and-make-up/

The rainbow in the background is an obvious flag for a specific target group, 'for those with ears to hear.'
    Seems a bit frivolous even from the LGTB+ perspective but I still think the philosophy behind it is a positive one.
    I Imagined a post op / treatment Jesus on a cross, not a frolicking cartoon manic Jesus.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Oct '20 14:553 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    Seems a bit frivolous even from the LGTB+ perspective but I still think the philosophy behind it is a positive one.
    I Imagined a post op / treatment Jesus on a cross, not a frolicking cartoon manic Jesus.
    Yes, the frolicking, smiling, dancing, happy Jesus is what immediately dis-attracts me about this poster, not the breasts--"Saved in the bosom of Jesus" (sorry couldn't resist that). It looks more like a politically correct summer camp than a religion that's being propagated there. Where's the passion play? Where's the dying for man's sins? Where's the serpent in this idyllic summer camp? It may be a positive philosophy, but it sure ain't Christianity.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Oct '20 23:51
    @kevcvs57 said
    Nobody can drink in a Muslim country, try again and think about discrimination as a concept.

“ The gay pride parades are not allowed to happen because it turns into a system of propagandization of homosexuality towards children like you see in Western societies, which will cause long-term ill effects.”
    There it is right there The Lie that homosexuality is a disease that ...[text shortened]... ion to be a danger to civil society and something that should be monitored and opposed at all costs.
    (1) This actually isn't always true. In Malaysia, Indonesia, and Iran, exceptions are made for Christians to be allowed to drink, eat pork, etc., and they do not have to follow other Islamic laws either.

(2)

There it is right there The Lie that homosexuality is a disease that can infect people, especially children, rather than simply a state of being.

I believe many think that sexuality is fluid, and that is why in certain epochs practices like pederasty were entirely commonplace and unremarkable.

How else would one explain their prevalence and then their disappearance?

It’s people like you that prove religion to be a danger to civil society and something that should be monitored and opposed at all costs.

I do not think that you have brought up a rational argument that proves I am in the wrong for thinking this at all. You are just appealing to your own values.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Oct '20 23:52
    @rajk999 said
    Your focus on material / shallow things, buildings, books, traditions, looks, is very unhealthy spiritually. There was a time when there were none of these things, and people were still able to do the will of God and please God, maybe even more so. I can site many examples where Jesus condemned the focus on these things which detract from more important matters. The Pharis ...[text shortened]... ere condemned by Christ. Christians should try to be more like Christ, not more like the Pharisees.
    I do not think that this is an accurate description of what I actually value. I think you have misinterpreted some of these things.

But thank you for the criticism -- I will try to put a better foot forward.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 06:401 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 07:07
    @philokalia said
    (1) This actually isn't always true. In Malaysia, Indonesia, and Iran, exceptions are made for Christians to be allowed to drink, eat pork, etc., and they do not have to follow other Islamic laws either.

(2)

[quote]There it is right there The Lie that homosexuality is a disease that can infect people, especially children, rather than simply a state of being.[/quote ...[text shortened]... t that proves I am in the wrong for thinking this at all. You are just appealing to your own values.
    “(1) This actually isn't always true. In Malaysia, Indonesia, and Iran, exceptions are made for Christians to be allowed to drink, eat pork, etc., and they do not have to follow other Islamic laws either. “
    That’s irrelevant I pointed out why your example of a drinking ban in Muslim countries was not prejudicial because it didn’t single any particular group unlike the opposition to same sex marriage in Russia. The fact that non Muslims in some Muslim countries are exempt simply shows a level of tolerance in those Muslim countries that is not afforded to LGTBQ+ people in some Christian countries.
    There you go again trying to draw a link between homosexuality and paedophilic practices.
    The only place that pederasty is commonly practiced and tolerated by authority is within religious orders. Did you somehow miss the child sexual abuse scandals that have been exposed in recent years?
    “ I do not think that you have brought up a rational argument that proves I am in the wrong for thinking this at all. You are just appealing to your own values.”
    Why the sudden requirement for rationality? Are you losing faith in the irrational?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '20
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 09:21
    @philokalia said
    From the Daily Mail:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8744095/Churchs-woke-advert-featuring-bearded-Jesus-womens-breasts-sparks-outrage.html

[quote][b]- The Church of Iceland's new 'woke' ad depicting Jesus has sparked outrage
    I- t featured a bearded Jesus with breasts, make up and a woman's dress
    - 'The goal was to emphasise diversity, not to hurt people o ...[text shortened]... d much more, considering all that has happened in 2020, but hey, got a little shock out of this one.
    I have read the article and have seen the picture. The reason why this church posted the ad is, in my opinion, very clear and should be applauded; especially by the christian community.

I don't think the way christ is depicted here is blasphamous but a thought proviking image showing us that christ means love to everybody, whatever your sex, sexual preferences, skin colour et cetera.

Why did this ad shock you? Don't you agree with the message "christ is for everybody"?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:14
    @moonbus said
    Gosh I can see what all the fuss is about 🙄
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 18:19
    @philokalia said
    From the Daily Mail:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8744095/Churchs-woke-advert-featuring-bearded-Jesus-womens-breasts-sparks-outrage.html

[quote][b]- The Church of Iceland's new 'woke' ad depicting Jesus has sparked outrage
    I- t featured a bearded Jesus with breasts, make up and a woman's dress
    - 'The goal was to emphasise diversity, not to hurt people o ...[text shortened]... d much more, considering all that has happened in 2020, but hey, got a little shock out of this one.
    (Revelations 1:13) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the breasts with a golden girdle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree