Chritsianity Comparison Charts

Chritsianity Comparison Charts

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Nov 11

There seem to be ongoing threads about this or that version of Christianity and which is "right." Here is a link to some comparison charts.

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/charts.htm

Interestingly there are charts comparing Christianity to Mormonism and Jehovah's witnesses, as if they differ fundamentally from it. This should be taken in the context of the charts themselves.

I would be interested in hearing from Christians on whether there are important mistakes in these charts.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Nov 11

Mormons and JW believe things which are considered radical and blasphemous to most other Christians.

JW deny that Jesus was God; in some senses their religion is closer to Judaism and Islam than Christianity, which is based on Messiah worship.

Mormons believe that individuals can be elevated after death into gods, each with his own universe to have control over.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Mormons and JW believe things which are considered radical and blasphemous to most other Christians.

JW deny that Jesus was God; in some senses their religion is closer to Judaism and Islam than Christianity, which is based on Messiah worship.

Mormons believe that individuals can be elevated after death into gods, each with his own universe to have control over.
And were the Jews wrong in worshipping one God and not a triune set of Gods?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Nov 11

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm an atheist, I think you're all wrong.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
10 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
There seem to be ongoing threads about this or that version of Christianity and which is "right." Here is a link to some comparison charts.

Interestingly there are charts comparing Christianity to Mormonism and Jehovah's witnesses, as if they differ fundamentally from it. This should be taken in the co ...[text shortened]... nterested in hearing from Christians on whether there are important mistakes in these charts.
Ah. I see I belong to the smallest denomination. It doesn't bother me, but, I was surprised at some of the numbers.

Moves
10 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sumydid
Ah. I see I belong to the smallest denomination. It doesn't bother me, but, I was surprised at some of the numbers.
It doesn't matter what the numbers are for your denomination, but wouldn't it be a surprise to find yourself the only one saved?

"Congratulations! You are the only one who believed exactly the right things!"

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Nov 11
1 edit

It doesn't matter what the numbers are for your denomination, but wouldn't it be a surprise to find yourself the only one saved?

"Congratulations! You are the only one who believed exactly the right things!"
Yeah🙄

To find out that there was only one exact way to skin a cat would really be a huge bummer,lol

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Nov 11

Originally posted by galveston75
He came to His people and they denied Him and then had the Romans
crucify Him by calling out, "Crucify Him, crucify Him." God then had
their city and their temple destroyed by the Romans and promised
never to return to them until they cry out, "Blessed is He that comes
in the name of the Lord." That is the answer to your question.

Moves
10 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
He came to His people and they denied Him and then had the Romans
crucify Him by calling out, "Crucify Him, crucify Him." God then had
their city and their temple destroyed by the Romans and promised
never to return to them until they cry out, "Blessed is He that comes
in the name of the Lord." That is the answer to your question.
Yes and a book written by people trying to create a new religion and who were trying to
siphon off people from the religion they were forming from is a highly reliable and unbiased
source of info about the Jews....

This would of course have nothing to do with why Christians spent so much time and effort
persecuting and killing Jewish people, up to and including the Holocaust.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Nov 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
This would of course have nothing to do with why Christians spent so much time and effort
persecuting and killing Jewish people, up to and including the Holocaust.
You left out the "so-called" just before Christians in your text.

Moves
10 Nov 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
You left out the "so-called" just before Christians in your text.
Yes, that's because I meant Christians and not so called Christians when I wrote it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Nov 11

Interestingly there are charts comparing Christianity to Mormonism and Jehovah's witnesses, as if they differ fundamentally from it. This should be taken in the co ...[text shortened]... nterested in hearing from Christians on whether there are important mistakes in these charts.
It appears that my beliefs are somewhere between Catholics and Protestants.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
It appears that my beliefs are somewhere between Catholics and Protestants.
Who cares?

rc

Moves
11 Nov 11
4 edits

do we top the charts for sheer awesomeness? every girl crazy about a sharp dressed
man you know! contrast that with going to church, dudes in their sneakers and
jeans, like Manny with his cool aid and Nike trainers, RJH with his SS uniform and
Jaywill with a shaved head, orange smock and pinging a triangle, plus chicks dig kilts,
just saying.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Nov 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
do we top the charts for sheer awesomeness? every girl crazy about a sharp dressed
man you know! contrast that with going to church, dudes in their sneakers and
jeans, like Manny with his cool aid and Nike trainers, RJH with his SS uniform and
Jaywill with a shaved head, orange smock and pinging a triangle, plus chicks dig kilts,
just saying.
They also dig oral sex. That counts you out!!!! 😀