Christians please pray!

Christians please pray!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Oct 05

Please pray for pastor Ferdie Flores, missionary in East Timor. He is going to be executed today by beating.

Not sure of the other details...

W
Angler

River City

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
Please pray for pastor Ferdie Flores, missionary in East Timor. He is going to be executed today by beating.

Since he's a goner, how do you advise that we frame our prayers? Should we pray that God accepts his soul in heaven, as the Catholics do? Rather, should we pray that his tormentors die sudden and painful deaths? Should we pray that his martyrdom will transform East Timor into a Christian Kingdom?

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Since he's a goner, how do you advise that we frame our prayers? Should we pray that God accepts his soul in heaven, as the Catholics do? Rather, should we pray that his tormentors die sudden and painful deaths? Should we pray that his martyrdom will transform East Timor into a Christian Kingdom?
Are you a Christian?

If so you can pray for his family and friends. I would also pray that his death would touch the hearts of those who beat him to death.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
31 Oct 05

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
31 Oct 05

W
Angler

River City

Moves
31 Oct 05
1 edit

Are you a Christian?

No.

If so you can pray for his family and friends. I would also pray that his death would touch the hearts of those who beat him to death.

I will do so. I abhor such violence, and I will pray that he meets his destiny with grace, and that his family finds the comfort they surely will need.

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Jesus you're kidding me, right? By beating?

What was his "crime"?
I'm not sure. I suppose he probably told some people that Jesus loves them.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Oct 05
4 edits

I think this is a hoax. What sort of nation carries out execution by beating as part of a formal system of justice, and for political criminals at that? If this were true it would be all over the news. I can't find any mention of this supposed execution anywhere on the Internets.

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
[b]Are you a Christian?

No.

I will do so. I abhor such violence, and I will pray that he meets his destiny with grace, and that his family finds the comfort they surely will need.[/b]
Excuse me for asking, but whom do you plan to pray to?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Oct 05
1 edit

You ask for people to pray, and then interrogate them when they agree to comply with your request? Your thread is an obvious ploy.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
31 Oct 05
1 edit

The Creator. Who else, silly?

Just because I am fairly certain that the Creator is not a Christian, and indeed am not entirely sure that she or he is even real, does not mean that I have no one to whom I may direct my prayers.

I've prayed all my life, first as a Catholic, then as an Evangelical, and now as a believing agnostic. I've also prayed with American Indians, Buddhists, and others. Christians do not have the monopoly on prayer. In fact, I doubt they are even as good at it as many others.

d

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I think this is a hoax. What sort of nation carries out execution by beating as part of a formal system of justice, and for political criminals at that? If this were true it would be all over the news. I can't find any mention of this supposed execution anywhere on the Internets.
I have to agree. Execution by "beating"? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Moves
31 Oct 05

You ask for people to pray, and then interrogate them when they agree to comply with your request? Your thread is an obvious ploy.
I had asked the Christians to pray.

My appologies. Anyone is welcome to pray. Thank you in advance.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Oct 05

I had asked the Christians to pray.

My appologies. Anyone is welcome to pray. Thank you in advance.
Do you really believe that somebody is scheduled to be beaten to death today? Has East Timor hired Mr. T as its Chief Executioner?

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
31 Oct 05

Yea! What Kind of nation?! The shame. The USA only beats them to death by accident during arrest or interrigation. We "Snuff" life humanely. The world should follow our example.

I couldn't find anything but some crummy prayer page asking for donations.

RTh