1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 02:55
    @sonship said
    So I do not expect a great world wide Christian spiritual revival before the event of some of the total body of Christians on the earth be divided as -

those found watching and are taken AND those not found watching and are caught by surprise and are LEFT to then realize REVIVAL is needed indeed.
    Do I need to be a member of the Local Churches demomination in order to be eligible for rapture?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 02:56
    @sonship said
    If we are alive at the time of the first rapture, and I am here the next day to post on this Forum, you will have great vindication and I will be too ashamed to show up to post anything.
    You’ve got previous for this behaviour anyway.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 02:591 edit
    @sonship said
    For the ministry of these brothers was all about watching, walking in the Spirit, being ready, and living such as to expect Jesus to come for you at any moment.
    I am serious.
    And yet here you are, in here, day after day after day, while billions of people are out there in danger of being burnt alive by the loving Jesus who died for them only yesterday.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 05:46
    Anyone else?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 09:22
    @sonship said
    Anyone else?
    Do I need to be a member of the Local Churches demomination in order to be eligible for rapture?

Serous question, yes or no. Do I?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 13:411 edit
    Divegeester's ignorant question is a result of him refusing to read the Bible.
    It is an accusation disguised as a question.

This is more of his campaign to try to force posters with whom he disagrees into a sectarian position.

Here Christ gives some indication that outwardly two in the field or at work or in one bed seem the same. But something permits one to be taken and another to be left.

Card card membership of a group cannot be the difference. But rather something inward beneath the surface having to do with the walk before God.

Notice the two men and two women are going about their daily duties.
    But inwardly one is careful to be before the Lord in His presence and the other must be neglecting the inward watchfulness.

By looking at these verses alone we could not see that. But in the whole tenor of the New Testament we could understand that it is the moment by moment walk with God that must make the difference.

Luke 17:34

Whoever seeks to preserve his soul-life will loss it, and whoever loses it will preserve it alive. (v.33)

I tell you, In that night there will be two on one bed; the one will be taken but the other will be left. (v.34)

There will be two women grinding together; theone will be taken but the other will be left. (v.35)

Two men will be in the field, one will be taken and the other will be left." (v.36)

In each case the principle of verse 33 must govern who is taken and who is left. It has to do with denying the soul-life in favor of enjoying the Holy Spirit in the human spirit.

One has built up a habit to walk with God. The other must be negligent of such a daily - moment by moment carefulness.

For one who walked with Christ exhorted Christians.

"As therefore you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him." (Col. 2:6)
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 13:45
    @sonship said
    If Christians are not clamoring to read books by men like Watchmen Nee and Witness Lee now, I believe those books will be in high demand then.
    Is the "salvation" of some Christians dependent on them reading books by men like Watchmen Nee and Witness Lee?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 13:521 edit
    Enoch walked with God in the Old Testament.
    Suddenly Enoch could not be found anywhere.

Enoch saw that it was a serious thing to be in the presence of God.
    His heart stayed turned to God and step by step he walked with God.
    God vindicated Enoch by snatching him off of the earth.
    He was raptured.

The New Testament exhorts the Christians to WALK BY THE SPIRIT.
    Many yawn. Many consider this not important.
    Many think only to encrease in more and more Bible knowledge is all that God wants.

But God exhorts us to walk by the Spirit of Christ and the flesh, the fallen man will uib no wise drag you away from God into a mere walk of a fallen sinner.

"But I say, Walk by the Spirit and you shall by no means fulfill the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16)

Those who receive Christ are foolish to take for granted the exhortation to WALK ... by the Spirit. We have to learn. We have to practice. We have to learn and practice. And one day for those living when Jesus comes there will be a manifestation of Christ's approval.

Like Enoch was not found because he walked with God, so those heeding to go on the learn to walk in Christ will be taken. The world will notice. The Christians left will notice.

So we must first RECEIVE Jesus Christ by faith. And then also by faith learn to walk by Jesus Christ.

Now you can see how foolish it is to depend upon mere outward stuff, ie. meeting with a certain group. This of course was the intended accusation of sectarianism from Divegeester. He is always ready to attack Christians he does not agree with as being divisive and sectarian.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 14:011 edit
    @sonship said
    Divegeester's ignorant question is a result of him refusing to read the Bible.
    It is an accusation disguised as a question.

This is more of his campaign to try to force posters with whom he disagrees into a sectarian position.

Here Christ gives some indication that outwardly two in the field or at work or in one bed seem the same. But something permits one to be taken ...[text shortened]... quote] "As therefore you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him." (Col. 2:6) [/quote]
    Sonship my question is neither an accusation nor a result of me not reading the bible. What it does highlight is yet another level of furtiveness by you when asked a question about your cultish demonisation.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 14:04
    Now the lesson of not superficially depending on something merely outward in Rapture SHOULD be noticed in the WARNING about "Lot's wife".

Look again.

Remember Lot's wife. (Luke 17:32)

Why in a section about rapture of believers would Jesus remind us of "Lot's wife"{/b]? You must go back to [b]Genesis 19.

Lot's wife came out of Sodom physically.
    But her heart was there still. And when she physically removed from the city she glanced backward and became a pillar of salt.

What we must remember as Christians is that God wants the HEART to come out of the sinful world. We can only bring our HEART out of this fallen sinful world by walking in the Spirit of Christ once we have received Him.

Remember Enoch who walked with God.
    Remember Lot's wife who was taken by the angels out of the city of Sodom before it was judged, yet her HEART still longed to be there.

LOt's wife's backward glance at the last moment was seen by God and she was disciplined. She became a monument of shame - a pillar of salt.

So now let's look at the verses in Luke.

Remember Lot's wife.
    Whoever seeks to preserve his sol-life will loss it, and whoever loses it will preserve it alive.

I tell you, IN that night there will be two on one bed; the one will be taken but the other will be left.

There will be two women grinding together; the one will be taken and the other will be left.

Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left. (Luke 17:32-36)

So we need to receive Jesus Christ for eternal salvation. And if we are living on the earth at this time we need to learn to WALK In Him and become NOT like "Lot's wife". We must through patience and practice learn to be like Enoch who was taken by God off the scene because he walked with God every day.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 14:072 edits
    I have not yet paid serious attention to posts of Divegeester or FMF because I know that they only wish to be cynically contrarian, And the SAME contrarian posters gets old to me. They always follow me around and are usually the first to put in their contrarian, cynical, innuendos.

So does anyone else have a comment ? And you do not have to agree with all I have written so far.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 14:08
    'The Gospel of John reveals a startling fact very pertinent to this matter: “No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven” (John 3:13).

Clearly, Jesus Christ was the only human being who had ascended into heaven. The phrase “who is in heaven” lets us know that this was written by the apostle John after Christ’s return to heaven. So even as late as this statement, no human being—and that includes Enoch—had ascended into heaven.'

www.ucg.org
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 15:541 edit
    @sonship said
    I have not yet paid serious attention to posts of Divegeester or FMF because I know that they only wish to be cynically contrarian, And the SAME contrarian posters gets old to me. They always follow me around and are usually the first to put in their contrarian, cynical, innuendos.

So does anyone else have a comment ? And you do not have to agree with all I have written so far.
    Sonship, I don't believe "Christianity" will exist as we know it today post rapture.

The world will be a very strange place when God resumes the prophetic timetable related to the seventieth week of Daniel's prophecy.

God will send a strong delusion and the world will believe a lie, while the antichrist will perform lying signs and wonders, and God will begin to pour out His wrath in the form of judgements, and yet the liars, murderers and thieves will refuse to repent.

All the while life will appear to go on as usual until the lights go out and everyone will see Jesus return. There will be a great slaughter, Satan will be cast into the pit and the knowledge of God will fill the earth.

Then there will be peace.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 16:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'The Gospel of John reveals a startling fact very pertinent to this matter: “No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven” (John 3:13).

Clearly, Jesus Christ was the only human being who had ascended into heaven. The phrase “who is in heaven” lets us know that this was written by the apostle John after Chr ...[text shortened]... s this statement, no human being—and that includes Enoch—had ascended into heaven.'

www.ucg.org
    Sir, can you clarify the point you're making?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 16:44
    @divegeester said
    Sonship my question is neither an accusation nor a result of me not reading the bible. What it does highlight is yet another level of furtiveness by you when asked a question about your cultish demonisation.
    This should have read “denomination” not “demonisation”

Sorry

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree