Christian Neutrality #2

Christian Neutrality #2

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Nov 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol. This proves nothing. If it shows anything it shows we are always learning and progressing "just as the Bible said the process would be".
Don't even go there with saying we've made mistakes and it just can't be yall that God is helping as all of God's people has made mistakes even the apostles.
Zero on that try and your going to have to do a whol ...[text shortened]... ive you the proof needed to make me walk away from this organization. I'll be waiting.
The watchtower has claimed to speak for God. They even admit later that God did not say what they had said was from God. So why would you believe such people now?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have given reference, an example, stated that decisions are rendered by committees
of qualified men, demonstrated that not all who are involved in civil government are
politicising and raised the thought provoking issue of how persons are qualified for
rendering decisions. I have made reference with example to human resource,
organisation, ...[text shortened]... , distribution, qualified
persons rendering services, you called the tune and it was answered.
So how would these 'committees of qualified men' (no women right?) be different from the civil authorities that we have now?

rc

Moves
07 Nov 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So how would these 'committees of qualified men' (no women right?) be different from the civil authorities that we have now?
they are not democratic, but are theocratic. What that means is that anyone who fails to meet the requirements is removed from office, not because they are more or less popular, or have 'connections', or went to the 'right', school! but because they are adequately qualified. This is entirely different from those who are democratically elected because as i pointed out, there seems no criteria or qualifications necessary which makes a politician adequately qualified for office other than popularity.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Nov 12

they are not democratic, but are theocratic. What that means is that anyone who fails to meet the requirements is removed from office, not because they are more or less popular, or have 'connections', or went to the 'right', school! but because they are adequately qualified. This is entirely different from those who are democratically elected becaus ...[text shortened]... ns necessary which makes a politician adequately qualified for office other than popularity.
Who decides if these people have failed to meet the requirements for office?

rc

Moves
07 Nov 12

Who decides if these people have failed to meet the requirements for office?
there are readily discernible Biblical qualifications and the committee decides, for example someone may recommend a person, the committee members will look and see if the potential member meets the requirements, after discussion, they will put forward any arguments for or against, the decision must be unanimous.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Nov 12

there are readily discernible Biblical qualifications and the committee decides, for example someone may recommend a person, the committee members will look and see if the potential member meets the requirements, after discussion, they will put forward any arguments for or against, the decision must be unanimous.
Sounds like a boys only golf club set up.

So who decides who will be on this committee of JW's to start with?

rc

Moves
07 Nov 12

Sounds like a boys only golf club set up.

So who decides who will be on this committee of JW's to start with?
its the same, if you qualify you get recommended in time, if you don't, you need to work to get qualified, it must be pointed out that not all want to share the responsibility and circumstances may mean that you simply cannot qualify.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Nov 12

its the same, if you qualify you get recommended in time, if you don't, you need to work to get qualified, it must be pointed out that not all want to share the responsibility and circumstances may mean that you simply cannot qualify.
Qualified? What does that entail exactly?

rc

Moves
07 Nov 12

Qualified? What does that entail exactly?
They are spiritual qualifications, found in the Bible.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Nov 12

This one of the craziest things I have ever heard. How stupid can you guys get?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Nov 12

I see.

Let's take our JW society and the committee responsible for health. Who will initially decide who should sit on the committee responsible for health within this society?

rc

Moves
07 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
This one of the craziest things I have ever heard. How stupid can you guys get?
sup Jonah, you a sore loser, bwhahaha.

rc

Moves
07 Nov 12

I see.

Let's take our JW society and the committee responsible for health. Who will initially decide who should sit on the committee responsible for health within this society?
spiritually qualified brothers, we already have what is termed a hospital liaison committee who are in consultation with doctors and surgeons to try to find the best solutions for patients.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Nov 12
1 edit

sup Jonah, you a sore loser, bwhahaha.
Where is all this found in the Holy Bible? I don't remember ever reading such nonsense.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Nov 12

spiritually qualified brothers, we already have what is termed a hospital liaison committee who are in consultation with doctors and surgeons to try to find the best solutions for patients.
So the already spiritually qualified (qualified by whom?) will decide who gets to be spirituality qualified?!

Thank goodness you're only a fringe minority. 🙂