Christian evolutionists here

Christian evolutionists here

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Mar 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
FMF,
You Typed
---------------
Isn't this just a kind of circular logic?
---------------

Why do you demand that I believe less than scientific law? I can reproduce scientific law. Evolution denies God, so even evolution is suspect. And if anyone thinks that the bible lies, then science lies just the same.
Mmmm. Do you not know what circular logic is?

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

FMF,
Please tell me how I was circular in the point I brought up. Also, if man wants to believe what is not truth, then man is the one with the problem. Circular logic doesn't mean that man believes in untruth.

Science lies when it says that evolution and cosmological origin is truth.

F

Moves
30 Mar 14

Science lies when it says that evolution and cosmological origin is truth.
Do you lie when you say that the Bible account is truth?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Mar 14

Proper Knob,
It is all data made up to be what some people want it to be. It is not scientific law. It cannot be reproduced by man.
I see. How did you reach this conclusion?

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Mar 14

Sorry, SG, we've drifted way off topic. What's your tally so far? My guess is that many of the mainstream Christians (Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican) can reconcile their faith with evolution's really having happened. The ones who can't are probably those peculiarly American Protestants who are still trying to re-run the Scopes trial. {KoP just gave it away: it's not really about evolution; it's really about the secular education system in America.}

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

FMF,
You Typed
=======
=======

No, I don't lie. To lie is to purposely from your heart tell something that is not true. Scientists purposely tell something that they know is not scientifically true when they present evolution and cosmological origin. Science requires that a scientist present based on laws, not hypotheses and not opinions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Mar 14

Originally posted by moonbus
Sorry, SG, we've drifted way off topic. What's your tally so far? My guess is that many of the mainstream Christians (Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican) can reconcile their faith with evolution's really having happened. The ones who can't are probably those peculiarly American Protestants who are still trying to re-run the Scopes trial. {KoP just gave it away: it's not really about evolution; it's really about the secular education system in America.}
wow
Kelly

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

ProperKnob,
You and I can demonstrate gravity. You and I can demonstrate scientific laws. You and I cannot demonstrate cosmological origin or evolution.

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

Moonbus,
What it is about is. . .believing in lies.

F

Moves
30 Mar 14

FMF,
You Typed
=======
=======

No, I don't lie. To lie is to purposely from your heart tell something that is not true. Scientists purposely tell something that they know is not scientifically true when they present evolution and cosmological origin. Science requires that a scientist present based on laws, not hypotheses and not opinions.
So how do you figure that the Bible is true?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Mar 14

ProperKnob,
You and I can demonstrate gravity. You and I can demonstrate scientific laws. You and I cannot demonstrate cosmological origin or evolution.
With respect to evolution you're just plain wrong. Read some literature.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Mar 14

Originally posted by whodey
No. I am suggesting that the Hebrew wording was not taken literally enough. If you read the verbiage the wording changes after day 6 when referring to time.

Here is a something to watch if interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhrdtTG0nTw

His entire premise rests on the ancient writings in the Talmud because the premise that the 6 days were far longer had already been proposed pre-modern science.
What about the order of creation? Evolution currently proposes that life started in the water, and that plants came later. Genesis starts with plants as the first life-form.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Mar 14

I have 2 questions which I would like people who think they are putting faith in Christ for forgiveness of sins and salvation to answer. . .

Number 1
------------
Why would anybody who puts faith in Christ for their forgiveness of sins and for salvation, which puts a person's soul into Christ's "hands," for eternal life, and then deny God created th ...[text shortened]... save your soul for eternal life, not believe God can create and do even greater things besides?
Your question is logically flawed. Admitting evolution does not deny God's creation. For all we know, evolution is the process by which God creates.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Mar 14

ProperKnob,
If you are saying that God did not create as it says in Genesis, then why don't you prove it by science to the point of making it "law." Also, do the same of cosmological origin. If Darwin posted that his hypothesis could be debunked, then there is still "proof" that needs to be presented by scientists.
What you do not understand is that Scientists are reluctant to call things "Laws" anymore, since other "Laws" like Newton's Laws of Physics, turned out to have exceptions.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Mar 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
All one needs to do is goggle 'debunking common descent' and one is presented with a plethora of material, a veritable Aladdins cave of goodies!
Any chucklehead can make a website, and put anything they want on it. You can find mountains of evidence for many false propositions on the internet.