Christian evolutionists here

Christian evolutionists here

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Mar 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
You want to depend on man's knowledge to get you to eternal life and forgiveness of sins. And you want all of us to depend on it too?
I take it you think all atheists want "eternal life and forgiveness of sins" and they want you to depend on them to get it for you? 😕

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
30 Mar 14

Proper Know,
You Typed
--------------
Are you having a laugh?
--------------

No, I am serious. You want to depend on man's knowledge to get you to eternal life and forgiveness of sins. And you want all of us to depend on it too?

Hmhh. . .Prove them both to us as scientific laws.
What on Earth do you mean by "proving something as a scientific law"? I really don't get what you are on about here. What do you expect? Science can't even 'prove' that the sun's going to rise tomorrow!

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

Moonbus,
You Typed
--------------
No one in the scientific community would claim that the theory of evolution has that sort of status. That does not mean, however, that the theory of evolution is dubious or false or can be summarily dismissed (because it is not a LAW).
--------------

Yes, it does mean that it can be summarily dismissed as truth due to science's requirements. However, primary and secondary education requires it to be taught or allows it to be taught and doesn't allow creation to be taught. Education uses it no matter that the lack of scientific law.

If we really used education properly, it would never lead us away from God. But it does lead us away from God. Thus education as such is a detriment to all of mankind that is educated by it.

F

Moves
30 Mar 14

However, primary and secondary education requires it to be taught or allows it to be taught and doesn't allow creation to be taught.
Surely "creation" can be taught in a religious studies class? What country do you live in?

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

Moonbus,
If someone wants us to believe in evolution and cosmological origin when those hypotheses are not true in the limits of science, then we are asked to base our souls on God being a liar. We are asked to deny God's creation. If we do that, then nothing of God is to be believed. God becomes a liar and undependable based hypotheses.

So, then man thinks that God is untrustworthy. Therefore, man uses his own made up knowledge to deny God. Why should we base our eternal existences on man's made up knowledge? There is a serious problem when man requires hypotheses to replace God!

F

Moves
30 Mar 14

If someone wants us to believe in evolution and cosmological origin when those hypotheses are not true in the limits of science, then we are asked to base our souls on God being a liar. We are asked to deny God's creation. If we do that, then nothing of God is to be believed. God becomes a liar and undependable based hypotheses.
Isn't this just a kind of circular logic?

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
30 Mar 14

"primary and secondary education requires it to be taught or allows it to be taught and doesn't allow creation to be taught." That's the real issue here, isn't it? So send your kids to private (religious) schools and quit complaining.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Mar 14

Originally posted by moonbus
Why why why indeed? The Buddhist position is that it does not matter whether the cosmos had an origin or existed from all eternity. Nor would it help one to attain the blessed state if one knew, one way or the other. It may be YOUR deep personal view that it matters, but it isn't everyone's.
I've not seen or maybe better said noticed a Buddhist pushing their views
here on what is or is not the truth on the start of the universe. I don't even
know what they think, and frankly don't care. I don't have Buddhist pushing
their beliefs in our schools as I do with Atheist, and Atheist more than likely
feel the same way about Buddhist and Christians, one promotes what they
believe the other no so much.
Kelly

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

FMF,
Scientiists ask us to believe in them when they have no proof.

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

Moonbus,
You Exerpted
---------------
"primary and secondary education requires it to be taught or allows it to be taught and doesn't allow creation to be taught." That's the real issue here, isn't it? So send your kids to private (religious) schools and quit complaining.
---------------

The problem is that science wants us to believe what is not proven and that we should believe that God is a liar.

F

Moves
30 Mar 14

FMF,
Scientiists ask us to believe in them when they have no proof.
I know what you think about science. But my question was, isn't what you wrote just a kind of circular logic?

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

When teachers are required to teach evolution and/or cosmological origin as a truth which can be depended on without proof, then the teacher cannot be trusted nor the education department. Even science has become undependable, and is replaced by what man wants for himself and the rest of mankind.

I take God over all of mankind. If you want the mind of man over God, then don't expect any grace or mercy from God when we are all judged by God and/or Christ.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Mar 14

Proper Know,
You Typed
--------------
Are you having a laugh?
--------------

No, I am serious. You want to depend on man's knowledge to get you to eternal life and forgiveness of sins. And you want all of us to depend on it too?

Hmhh. . .Prove them both to us as scientific laws.
I want to 'depend on man's knowledge to get me to eternal life and forgiveness of sins'? What are you an about?

There is a vast amount of scientific evidence which supports the view that life on this planet evolved. Countless books, journals, articles all at the tip of your finger tips. It's not some secret knowledge which is only available for a select few.

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

FMF,
You Typed
---------------
Isn't this just a kind of circular logic?
---------------

Why do you demand that I believe less than scientific law? I can reproduce scientific law. Evolution denies God, so even evolution is suspect. And if anyone thinks that the bible lies, then science lies just the same.

K

Moves
30 Mar 14

Proper Knob,
It is all data made up to be what some people want it to be. It is not scientific law. It cannot be reproduced by man.