Carl Sagan on WatchTower 1914 Prediction

Carl Sagan on WatchTower 1914 Prediction

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you suggesting that some Christians are not ambassadors for Christ?
Did Jesus not say that many would think they are doing his will and he told them they weren't? In fact he said to get away from before him.
So continueing on with his words, what were those who thought they were doing his will doing or not doing?
The answers are right there in your bible. You have to read them and apply them to yourself just as we do daily.
If you are clear on your understandings and truely doing his will on all levels, not just what you feel comfortable doing or that's easy or that's safe, then you might be.
But what Robbie is trying to establish here is if Jesus were to ask you today what you have been doing with his talents, how would you answer. Do you feel good about it? Is there anything we are not doing that he expects us to do?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
All Christians represent Christ but not all are preachers or teachers ..

[quote]1Cor 12:28-30 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of m ...[text shortened]... to be a disciple of Christ is typically narrowminded of the JWs. Christ will know how to judge.
None of us are just "followers". We were told by Jesus to do his will. What was that? What did he do that he told his followers to do?
This is a very importanty point that you and others here insist on watering down.
Any ideas on how God feels about anyone being "lukewarm" in his service? He vomits them out and would rather you be cold as then you would not be a hypocrite in his service.
This is a very deadly ploy that Satan uses against all Christians and that is tell us to do as little as possible and to think that is ok.
And it's extreemly unkind, unloving and demonic for anyone here to promote that idea.

" Be all you can be" is good enough for the US Army I guess but not being a Christian in your view.
Why not do all you can do on all levels instead of just following?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Did Jesus not say that many would think they are doing his will and he told them they weren't? In fact he said to get away from before him.
So continueing on with his words, what were those who thought they were doing his will doing or not doing?
The answers are right there in your bible. You have to read them and apply them to yourself just as we do ...[text shortened]... swer. Do you feel good about it? Is there anything we are not doing that he expects us to do?
The answer remains the same.

The answer is that both you are Robbie are out of place to ask anyone how would they respond if Christ were to ask that question.

The answer is between Christ and the person, and has nothing to do with you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jun 12

None of us are just "followers". We were told by Jesus to do his will. What was that? What did he do that he told his followers to do?
This is a very importanty point that you and others here insist on watering down.
Any ideas on how God feels about anyone being "lukewarm" in his service? He vomits them out and would rather you be cold as then you wo ...[text shortened]... istian in your view.
Why not do all you can do on all levels instead of just following?
You and Robbie are towing the party line and placing emphasis on works = preaching.

In Matt 25 when Christ said he will judge according to works, he spoke of charity. The works Christ said he will judge are the works done to those in need- the poor, sick, widowed etc etc.

The watering down comes from changing the teachings of Christ to teachings of the religious institution.

You are the guilty one.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jun 12

You and Robbie are towing the party line and placing emphasis on works = preaching.

In Matt 25 when Christ said he will judge according to works, he spoke of charity. The works Christ said he will judge are the works done to those in need- the poor, sick, widowed etc etc.

The watering down comes from changing the teachings of Christ to teachings of the religious institution.

You are the guilty one.
Then you are welcome to pick and choose what you feel you have to do. That is between you and God. But it amazes me how anyone who calls themselves a Christian can turn their eyes and respondsabilities away from Matt the 24th and 28th chapters and feel that it doesn't apply to them.
I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear your excuse to Jesus on that one.
But you are right that is your call................

But STOP badgering us for doing what is clearly written down in the Bible to do just because you are to weak and lazy to do it yourself.

I still ask WHY would anyone get irritated at someone coming to a door on their own time and their own money to share some kind words from the Bible that does nothing but give one hope for the future?
But I guess the devil works thru as many as he can to discourage us from this Christian work.

F

Moves
11 Jun 12

But I guess the devil works thru as many as he can to discourage us from this Christian work.
The "devil"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 12

Then you are welcome to pick and choose what you feel you have to do. That is between you and God. But it amazes me how anyone who calls themselves a Christian can turn their eyes and respondsabilities away from Matt the 24th and 28th chapters and feel that it doesn't apply to them.
I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear your excuse to Jesus on ...[text shortened]...
You dont need to be amazed that people are following Christ in many many different ways. Do you expect the world to be like the JWs?

Christ will judge people, not you or the WatchTower? Your desire to be a 'fly on the wall' is proof that you have already judged me and would like to hear my excuse for not doing the will of Christ.

Who is badgering you? Did anyone say not to go and preach?

It is you and Robbie who are claiming that every Christian must go and preach. Christ said no such thing.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
12 Jun 12

I would NOT want to be that fly on the wall for anyone when Christ is judging them.

However I think besides the false prophecy 90+ years now and this elitist attitude that they seem to have towards anyone else who claims God and Christ is why I would and never will be a JW. Ridiculous to believe they are the only right ones.

Manny

Moves
12 Jun 12

The answers are right there in your bible. You have to read them and apply them to yourself just as we do ...[text shortened]... swer. Do you feel good about it? Is there anything we are not doing that he expects us to do?
I think Rajk999 has already posted scriptures and responded to your claims of what you think the Gospel is; both answer your question well.

Moves
12 Jun 12

But it amazes me how anyone who calls themselves a Christian can turn their eyes and respondsabilities away from Matt the 24th and 28th chapters and feel that it doesn't apply to them.
Well it 'amazes' most observers of your organization that you would let someone die rather than give them a blood transfusion. Why don't you focus on your own peccadillo before pointing the finger at others?

rc

Moves
12 Jun 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you suggesting that some Christians are not ambassadors for Christ?
what is the role of an ambassador, that is correct, it is one who is sent forth on
behalf of another, in this instance Christ. why are these ambassadors sent forth? to
make a reconciliation, that is to draw two parties together. If none are sent forth it
is self evident that a reconciliation does not take place, Paul himself makes the
point,

(Romans 10:14-15) However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put
faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in
turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach
unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: “How comely are the feet of
those who declare good news of good things!”

It therefore becomes self evident that if you are not going forth, as Christ directed,
to make disciples of peoples of all the nations, teaching them, to be come reconciled
to God, you are hardly acting the the capacity as an ambassador, are you. Indeed
you will now explain how you can act in the capacity as an ambassador if you are
not going forth to others begging them to become reconciled to God.

rc

Moves
12 Jun 12
1 edit

You are the guilty one.
sure you excuse yourself anyway you can, the scripture make it perfectly clear that
Christ is with those people who are teaching and making disciples, not holding jumble
sales and coffee mornings,

(Matthew 28:19-20) . . .Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations,
baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,
 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am
with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

rc

Moves
12 Jun 12

Originally posted by menace71
I would NOT want to be that fly on the wall for anyone when Christ is judging them.

However I think besides the false prophecy 90+ years now and this elitist attitude that they seem to have towards anyone else who claims God and Christ is why I would and never will be a JW. Ridiculous to believe they are the only right ones.

Manny
sigh, (Ephesians 4:4-6) . . .One body there is, and one spirit, even as you were called
in the one hope to which you were called;  one Lord, one faith, one baptism;  One God
and Father of all [persons], who is over all and through all and in all.

who else is united like us? Catholics, Methodists? Lutherans? do tell Manny, who is
united in worship like Jehovah's Witnesses?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
sure you excuse yourself anyway you can, the scripture make it perfectly clear that
Christ is with those people who are teaching and making disciples, not holding jumble
sales and coffee mornings,

(Matthew 28:19-20) . . .[b]Go
therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations,
baptising them in the name of the Father and of the ...[text shortened]... u. And, look! I am
with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
[/b]
You are as shamelessly deceitful and dishonest as the evil organization which you represent.

You dont even know who Christ is. Christ is the Son of God and not Abandon neither Michael the Archangel. The fact that you go door to door preaching your unbiblical rubbish is going to weigh heavily against you.

As for that verse in Matthew you keeping quoting like a Downs Syndrome victim .. read Mark's version of what Christ said on that occasion..

Mark 16:15-18 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

What Christ said applies to his ELEVEN disciples and not to subsequent followers. If it does apply to YOU and the JWs, please state which of the following Christ said to do that you actually do ..

And these signs shall follow them that believe;
- In my name shall they cast out devils;
- they shall speak with new tongues;
- They shall take up serpents; and
- if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;
- they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.[/b]

Do you cast out devils?
Do you speak with new tongues?
Do you take up serpents?
Do you drink a deadly thing?
Do you heal the sick?

NO?? Then according to that verse, you dont believe in Christ.

rc

Moves
12 Jun 12
4 edits

You are as shamelessly deceitful and dishonest as the evil organization which you represent.

You dont even know who Christ is. Christ is the Son of God and not Abandon neither Michael the Archangel. The fact that you go door to door preaching your unbiblical rubbish is going to weigh heavily against you.

As for that verse in Matthew you keeping quoting thing?
Do you heal the sick?

NO?? Then according to that verse, you dont believe in Christ.
You are as shamelessly deceitful and dishonest as the evil organization which you represent. - Raj

would you like some humus with those bitter greens, i laughed at that post soooo much
I could hardly type! Mwhahahahaha!