Carl Sagan on WatchTower 1914 Prediction

Carl Sagan on WatchTower 1914 Prediction

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
10 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Lol. I'm not going to satisfy your ego's craving for that piece of information, not now not ever. You preen yourself and pose around here taking pride in your so called 'works' of merely going door-to-door selling your cult. Big deal.

I keep my relationship between myself and the Lord. Robbie I'm not at all interested in nor impressed by your prosel her. Personally, I'd be really impressed if you and Galveston just dropped the insults.
tell it to Jesus when he returns asking what you have done, here Jesus, 'I hid your
talent in the ground, take what is yours'.

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
tell it to Jesus when he returns asking what you have done, here Jesus, 'I hid your
talent in the ground, take what is yours'.
Sure ok. Now are you going to reciprocate:

The disciples exclusively baptised into "the name of Jesus", do you think they disobeyed or were all mistaken?

rc

Moves
10 Jun 12

Sure ok. Now are you going to reciprocate:

[b]The disciples exclusively baptised into "the name of Jesus", do you think they disobeyed or were all mistaken?
[/b]
No i am going to reciprocate nothing, you have stated nothing and until you do state,
where you teach, what you teach, how you teach, i have nothing to say to you

(Matthew 21:25-27) . . .The baptism by John, from what source was it? From heaven or
from men?” But they began to reason among themselves, saying: “If we say, ‘From
heaven,’ he will say to us, ‘Why, then, did you not believe him?’  If, though, we say,
‘From men,’ we have the crowd to fear, for they all hold John as a prophet.”  So in
answer to Jesus they said: “We do not know.” He, in turn, said to them: “Neither am
I telling you
by what authority I do these things.

Moves
10 Jun 12

No i am going to reciprocate nothing, you have stated nothing and until you do state,
where you teach, what you teach, how you teach, i have nothing to say to you

(Matthew 21:25-27) . . .The baptism by John, from what source was it? From heaven or
from men?” But they began to reason among themselves, saying: “If we say, ‘From
heaven,’ he wil ...[text shortened]... , in turn, said to them: “[b]Neither am
I telling you
by what authority I do these things.[/b]
robbie I'm not asking about your own view of your authority. Despite your slavering insistence, you have no authority over me and I don't feel you are entitled to know private things about me.

If you feel this is [yet another] reason not to answer questions about JW beliefs and doctrines, then so be it; it is a pattern and I'm becoming used to it.

rc

Moves
10 Jun 12
3 edits

robbie I'm not asking about your own view of your authority. Despite your slavering insistence, you have no authority over me and I don't feel you are entitled to know private things about me.

If you feel this is [yet another] reason not to answer questions about JW beliefs and doctrines, then so be it; it is a pattern and I'm becoming used to it.
Asking you where you preach and teach is not a private nor a personal question about
you. What it is, is in an attempt on your part to evade a direct question with regard to your supposed
Christian activities or otherwise. All you have to say is Golders Green or wherever it is
you go to make disciples of people of all the nations.

Moves
10 Jun 12
2 edits

Asking you where you preach and teach is not a private nor a personal question about
you. What it is, is in an attempt on your part to evade a direct question with regard to your supposed
Christian activities or otherwise. All you have to say is Golders Green or wherever it is
you go to make disciples of people of all the nations.
Actually I don't preach at all.

Now are you going to reciprocate:

The disciples exclusively baptised into "the name of Jesus", do you think they disobeyed or were all mistaken?

rc

Moves
11 Jun 12

Actually I don't preach at all.

Now are you going to reciprocate:

[b]The disciples exclusively baptised into "the name of Jesus", do you think they disobeyed or were all mistaken?
[/b]
well well, we have a confession! if you do not preach, then you cannot teach, if you do
not teach, you cannot make disciples, if you cannot make disciples, how an earth are
you going to fulfil the responsibility that Christ set out in Matthew chapter 28:19,20?

Moves
11 Jun 12

well well, we have a confession! if you do not preach, then you cannot teach, if you do
not teach, you cannot make disciples, if you cannot make disciples, how an earth are
you going to fulfil the responsibility that Christ set out in Matthew chapter 28:19,20?
But who cares robbie, apart from you and your big ego?

I've never claimed to be anything, in fact I admit that I am less than nothing. You on the other hand claim to be a preacher, a teacher and a leader in [your] god's church; you claim to be everything; to be one of 'the sole holders of God's truth'. The onus to convince is on you.

Meanwhile I remain an outspoken critic of your cultist organization, the jehovah's witnesses.

rc

Moves
11 Jun 12
2 edits

But who cares robbie, apart from you and your big ego?

I've never claimed to be anything, in fact I admit that I am less than nothing. You on the other hand claim to be a preacher, a teacher and a leader in [your] god's church; you claim to be everything; to be one of 'the sole holders of God's truth'. The onus to convince is on you.

Meanwhile I remain an outspoken critic of your cultist organization, the jehovah's witnesses.
clearly Jesus is with those people who are sharing in teaching others, he does state as
much, does he not, sorry , i dont mean to be rude, but you have missed the point of
the entire gospel,

(1 Corinthians 9:16-17)  If, now, I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me
to boast, for necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good
news!  . . .

why?

(Romans 10:14-15)  However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put
faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in
turn, will they hear without someone to preach?  How, in turn, will they preach
unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: “How comely are the feet of
those who declare good news of good things!”

How will they hear the gospel of the Christ divesgeester unless someone is sent
forth?

Moves
11 Jun 12

clearly Jesus is with those people who are sharing in teaching others, he does state as
much, does he not, sorry , i dont mean to be rude, but you have missed the point of
the entire gospel,

(1 Corinthians 9:16-17)  If, now, I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me
to boast, for necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe is me if I ...[text shortened]... gs!”

How will they hear the gospel of the Christ divesgeester unless someone is sent
forth?
The point of the Gospel (as you put it) is "God reconciling the world to himself through Christ" 2 Cor 5:19.

The point of the Gospel is not for you lot to proselytise your JW religion and to boast about it here.

rc

Moves
11 Jun 12

The point of the Gospel (as you put it) is "God reconciling the world to himself through Christ" 2 Cor 5:19.

The point of the Gospel is not for you lot to proselytise your JW religion and to boast about it here.
and the reconciliation takes place through ambassadors substituting for Christ,

(2 Corinthians 5:20-21) We are therefore ambassadors substituting for Christ, as
though God were making entreaty through us. As substitutes for Christ we beg:
“Become reconciled to God.”

how can that reconciliation take place if we are not ambassadors substituting for Christ?

Moves
11 Jun 12

and the reconciliation takes place through ambassadors substituting for Christ,

(2 Corinthians 5:20-21) We are therefore ambassadors substituting for Christ, as
though God were making entreaty through us. As substitutes for Christ we beg:
“Become reconciled to God.”

how can that reconciliation take place if we are not ambassadors substituting for Christ?
Every Christian is an ambassador for Christ, whether they preach or not.

rc

Moves
11 Jun 12

Every Christian is an ambassador for Christ, whether they preach or not.
How do you come to that conclusion

Moves
11 Jun 12

Are you suggesting that some Christians are not ambassadors for Christ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jun 12
1 edit

All Christians represent Christ but not all are preachers or teachers ..

1Cor 12:28-30 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

Lots of different roles in the body of Christ .. from wise leaders to simple followers. To harp on one aspect of what it entails to be a disciple of Christ is typically narrowminded of the JWs. Christ will know how to judge.