1. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 16:29
    @pb1022 said
    You know nothing about saving faith and the power of God’s Holy Spirit indwelling a believer.

You prove it day after day.
    You opinion is really of great value on these forums. You can see proof of that in this thread alone. Who else would have thought to post that they have no thoughts and nothing to say. Everybody was impressed... truly you have saving faith and the power of Gods Holy Spirit indwelling in you.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 16:31
    @rajk999 said
    You opinion is really of great value on these forums. You can see proof of that in this thread alone. Who else would have thought to post that they have no thoughts and nothing to say. Everybody was impressed... truly you have saving faith and the power of Gods Holy Spirit indwelling in you.
    Thanks, amigo.

You went an entire post without calling a Christian a dummy, moron or mouth worshipper and condemning them to hell.

Keep up the good work 👍👍
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 17:16
    @fmf said
    "Capitalism without debt is like Christianity without Hell... it doesn't work." ~ Yanis Varoufakis

Thoughts?
    I think Christianity [as in, the belief in, and obedience to, Jesus Christ, as opposed to the collective term for Christians around the world and down through history] works fine without "Hell" [where it means eternal torture] and where annihilation, instead, is believed to be the fate of the "damned".
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 17:31
    @fmf said
    I think Christianity [as in, the belief in, and obedience to, Jesus Christ, as opposed to the collective term for Christians around the world and down through history] works fine without "Hell" [where it means eternal torture] and where annihilation, instead, is believed to be the fate of the "damned".
    An interesting thing is that the people who seem to believe most strongly that "Hell" [torture] DEFINITELY exists are, more or less, the self same people who believe most strongly that they DEFINITELY won't be/can't be going to "Hell" because their "sins" past, present, future are already forgiven and they are irrevocably "saved".
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 18:19
    @fmf said
    An interesting thing is that the people who seem to believe most strongly that "Hell" [torture] DEFINITELY exists are, more or less, the self same people who believe most strongly that they DEFINITELY won't be/can't be going to "Hell" because their "sins" past, present, future are already forgiven and they are irrevocably "saved".
    Hell is not just other people; Hell is FOR other people.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 18:451 edit
    @fmf said
    It's a church thing and all orchestrated by brilliant pastors. Of course you need a bunch of gullible people who have issues or not well adjusted or abused as kids wanting to believe the lies

So the church exaggerates the good side of the teachings of Paul and come away with the conclusion that they are irrevocably saved and they all have eternal life in the kingdom of God and not even God can change that.

They do the same with the plight of unbelievers... exaggerate to the point where it becomes utter nonsense and they are tormented in hell for eternity.

Sadly these Christians get a special kind of satisfaction from knowing that unbelief in punished in that manner.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 18:59
    @fmf said
    Of course Christianity does not need hell and torture. There are many sects that consider hell to be simply the grave or a garbage dump. Neither does it need the Devil or Satan which is just the personification of sin.

However these are poor empty churches. Their pastors live humble lives. The churches with hell and the Devil are full of followers and the pastors live extravagantly. People love free grace and the do nothing sin all you like doctrine and pay big money to get indoctrinated. A bonus is knowing that the unbelievers burn forever.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 19:05
    @fmf said
    "Capitalism without debt is like Christianity without Hell... it doesn't work." ~ Yanis Varoufakis

Thoughts?
    Capitalism can work without debt but it will be a poor people's capitalism. Add debt and banks, financial institutions and captians of industry get rich.

Christianity can work without hell but it is poor peoples Christianity. Add hell and OSAS and pastors get rich.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 21:22
    @fmf said

Thoughts?
    Working capitalism would generate a profit failing capitalism would generate debts. Beyond that if the comparison is righteousnesses for success and unrighteousness for failure I can see a connection.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:04
    @kellyjay said
    Working capitalism would generate a profit failing capitalism would generate debts. Beyond that if the comparison is righteousnesses for success and unrighteousness for failure I can see a connection.
    But... people believing that they won't be/can't be going to "Hell" because their "sins" past, present, future have already been forgiven ~ because of something they believe to have happened 2,000 years ago ~ that isn't "righteousness" at all, surely? I mean, what kind of "righteousness" is that?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:22
    @fmf said
    But... people believing that they won't be/can't be going to "Hell" because their "sins" past, present, future have already been forgiven ~ because of something they believe to have happened 2,000 years ago ~ that isn't "righteousness" at all, surely? I mean, what kind of "righteousness" is that?
    “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

(2 Corinthians 5:21)
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:32
    @pb1022 said
    “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

(2 Corinthians 5:21)
    Quoting a sentence from your religious scripture that has the word "righteousness" in it doesn't address what I am saying. It's just some kind of circular it is righteousness because it says here that it's righteousness thing.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:38
    @kellyjay said
    Let me break it down like this. Capitalism without debt doesn't work. We can agree on that, I think. It's not a controversial statement about capitalism and the source of much of the money that's invested. Now, do you agree with the statement Christianity without Hell doesn't work?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:40
    @fmf said
    Quoting a sentence from your religious scripture that has the word "righteousness" in it doesn't address what I am saying. It's just some kind of circular it is righteousness because it says here that it's righteousness thing.
    Christians are not righteous because of anything they did; they’re righteous because of what Jesus Christ did.

It’s what’s known as the divine exchange (and no, those words don’t appear in the Holy Bible, but the principle behind those words does) - Jesus took our sins and gave us His righteousness before God.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:42
    @fmf said
    Let me break it down like this. Capitalism without debt doesn't work. We can agree on that, I think. It's not a controversial statement about capitalism and the source of much of the money that's invested. Now, do you agree with the statement Christianity without Hell doesn't work?
    The threat of hell is removed for Christians once they accept and believe in Jesus Christ and believe in His Resurrection.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree