1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 21:59
    @fmf said
    Not all religious people who believe that Genesis is divinely inspired and true agree with you about Jesus being who you say he was.

So I am not sure how legitimate any exclusive claim you might make to the content of Genesis is.

Genesis was the Hebrews' book - the Jews. They don't agree with you about Jesus.

Genesis was also a holy book for the forerunners of the peo ...[text shortened]... od giving Jesus Christ" is not true, and they are every bit as much believers in Genesis as you are.
    I owe you a GREAT apology I was speaking to ToO we exchanged several posts didn’t notice you responded!
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 21:59
    @kellyjay said
    You assume once something is explained that I should change my mind to reflect your views?
    No. But your responses should reflect that you at least understand what's been explained to you. They don't. Of course, this has been explained to you many a time before as well.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 22:01
    @kellyjay said
    I owe you a GREAT apology I was speaking to ToO we exchanged several posts didn’t notice you responded!
    Unfortunately when it comes to reading, there are a great many things that you don't notice.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 00:00
    @thinkofone said
    No. But your responses should reflect that you at least understand what's been explained to you. They don't. Of course, this has been explained to you many a time before as well.
    My responses will remain the same unless there is something said that actually makes me alter my views. You appraisal of how my responses should be, rises and sets with you, they are of no concern to me.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 00:00
    @thinkofone said
    Unfortunately when it comes to reading, there are a great many things that you don't notice.
    No doubt.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 01:01
    @kellyjay said
    My responses will remain the same unless there is something said that actually makes me alter my views. You appraisal of how my responses should be, rises and sets with you, they are of no concern to me.
    Of course that went well over your head as well.

An individual can understand something without agreeing with it. Your responses did not reflect an understanding of the basic concepts of natural selection. Understand now?

You appraisal of how my responses should be, rises and sets with you, they are of no concern to me.

You're such a prideful thing.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 02:39
    @thinkofone said
    Of course that went well over your head as well.

An individual can understand something without agreeing with it. Your responses did not reflect an understanding of the basic concepts of natural selection. Understand now?

You appraisal of how my responses should be, rises and sets with you, they are of no concern to me.

You're such a prideful thing.
    Well put your big boy pants on discuss that with me.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 02:57
    @ThinkOfOne

By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth to be "true".

You and Judas Iscariot.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 03:47
    @fmf said
    Not all religious people who believe that Genesis is divinely inspired and true agree with you about Jesus being who you say he was.

So I am not sure how legitimate any exclusive claim you might make to the content of Genesis is.

Genesis was the Hebrews' book - the Jews. They don't agree with you about Jesus.

Genesis was also a holy book for the forerunners of the peo ...[text shortened]... od giving Jesus Christ" is not true, and they are every bit as much believers in Genesis as you are.
    There are a lot of things religious people disagree on. Throughout time as God brought together a people who would give us Jesus, He did it ways that were completely divinely done. Genesis came to us through that process, what you are doing here is simply showing how disconnected you from the whole of scripture making your critique of it clearly on a non scriptural basis but a humanistic one.

I wrote the above to you earlier thinking I was responding to ToO, my bad I feel horrible I did that you. This is still true but I deleted what else I said because it had nothing to do with you, again apologies to you and ToO.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 04:09
    @kellyjay said
    There are a lot of things religious people disagree on. Throughout time as God brought together a people who would give us Jesus, He did it ways that were completely divinely done. Genesis came to us through that process, what you are doing here is simply showing how disconnected you from the whole of scripture making your critique of it clearly on a non scriptural basis but a humanistic one.
    Yours is not the only Abrahamic religion and not the only religion that has Genesis as part of its scripture.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 04:10
    @kellyjay said
    I wrote the above to you earlier thinking I was responding to ToO, my bad I feel horrible I did that you. This is still true but I deleted what else I said because it had nothing to do with you, again apologies to you and ToO.
    I have got absolutely no idea what you are going on about.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 08:29
    @philokalia said
    Right, I think he was a great poster who gave a sense of balance here. I'd love to see him return.
    You do realise that your edifying and promoting a poster who was banned from the entire site for stalking and posting multiple innuendos about child sex, reveals something quite creepy about you?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 08:31
    @fmf said
    😃
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 10:10
    @fmf said
    Yours is not the only Abrahamic religion and not the only religion that has Genesis as part of its scripture.
    Yes, many of the races of the world can find their beginnings in Genesis, not all of them agree with the text. The splits occur as God gets specific.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 10:11
    @fmf said
    🙂 I'm glad to tell you the truth, but I responded to a post of yours thinking it was them not you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree