1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 21:25
    @thinkofone said
    If you have a point, then plainly state it.
    Who gave you Jesus’ Words, Jesus Himself or Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John? If not Jesus Himself, and you don’t trust anyone but Jesus, why do you trust what they say when they are quoting Jesus?

They also claim to share the gospel and you reject them there? How do you know what is trustworthy or not?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 22:125 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

You've really lost it jaywill. You seem to be posting whatever nonsensical thought that pops into your head. You can't formulate a cogent argument to refute what I've posted, so it's little more than a long string of ad hominem attacks.

I'm beginning to wonder about your reading comprehension skills.
    Questions you don't like constitute ad homs it seems.

Me:
    Prove that Jesus while He walked the earth preached Atheism.
    You:
    I never claimed He did.

You can't demonstrate it anyway even though you avoid claiming He did?

Demonstrate that while Jesus walked on earth He taught a message which renders God unnecessary and irrelevant to mere good behavior - Humanism.

Me:
    How could you be so egotistical to think that ONLY YOU care to pass on what Jesus said ?
    You:
    If others want to advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth, I for one would welcome them.

Peter was the first Gospel preacher after Jesus.
    You don't receive Peter's gospel in the book of Acts of the Apostles.

Who do you think knew more about Jesus's activity, deeds, and words while He walked the earth, you or Peter?

People are so pleased with a promise of a "free gift" that they can neither hear nor understand the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. They aren't about to allow the truth to get in the way of it.

Your changing the subject.

Why are you so secretive to admit that you think the Gospel Jesus preached while on earth has nothing to do with God?

Are you going to lose some position if word gets out that you're an Atheist in Christian Evangelist's clothing?

You complain about ad homs. Do you realize how insulting it is of our intelligence as disciples of Christ to have you present yourself to us as a proper guide to His gospel ?

Think of me coming to your doorstep with a manikin from a department store. Imagine me handing this manikin to you with a straight face attempting to persuade you that THIS is REALLY your wife.

"Here ThinkOfOne. You have been misled by poor eyesight. This here manikin is actually the true wife that you married."

Wouldn't you find that insulting to your whole mind, emotion, will and conscience ?
    Your "another Jesus" of "when He walked the earth" is a fraud.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 22:513 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Who gave you Jesus’ Words, Jesus Himself or Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John? If not Jesus Himself, and you don’t trust anyone but Jesus, why do you trust what they say when they are quoting Jesus?

They also claim to share the gospel and you reject them there? How do you know what is trustworthy or not?
    No idea why, after being asked to plainly state your point when you had asked a question, you asked even more questions. Plainly stating something entails making statements about your point - not asking questions about my position.

Be that as it may - and at the risk of incurring the wrath of Suzianne - the following states my position:
    By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth to be "true".  

I don't share that view of the mythology and beliefs that the NT writers wrapped around them. At best, they can merely echo His words. At worst, they deviate from His words and at times substantially so.  

The truth in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry still rings out loud and clear despite the corruptions that were introduced by the NT writers. The core of His gospel are contained in the parables, explanations of the parables, the Sermon on the Mount, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing the Kingdom and what living in the Kingdom entails, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing what is required for "eternal life" / living in the Kingdom etc. In short, passages where Jesus is explicitly preaching the vision of His gospel.   
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 23:143 edits
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

You've really lost it jaywill. You seem to be posting whatever nonsensical thought that pops into your head. You can't formulate a cogent argument to refute what I've posted, so it's little more than a long string of ad hominem attacks.

I'm beginning to wonder about your reading comprehension skills.
    Questions you don't like constitute ad ...[text shortened]... nd, emotion, will and conscience ?
    Your "another Jesus" of "when He walked the earth" is a fraud.
    You can't demonstrate it anyway even though you avoid claiming He did?

Why are you asking me to "prove" and "demonstrate" something I never claimed?

Peter was the first Gospel preacher after Jesus.
    You don't receive Peter's gospel in the book of Acts of the Apostles.

Who do you think knew more about Jesus's activity, deeds, and words while He walked the earth, you or Peter?

I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Peter is not Jesus. Jesus is Jesus.

Do you realize how insulting it is of our intelligence as disciples of Christ to have you present yourself to us as a proper guide to His gospel ?

I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Consider who Jesus called His true disciples:

John 8
    34...“Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
    31...“If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

Those who abide in His word and have been made free from committing sin are His true disciples.

This flies in the face of what the vast majority of Christians seem to believe. They believe in a gospel preached by those other than Jesus.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 01:14
    @thinkofone said
    No idea why, after being asked to plainly state your point when you had asked a question, you asked even more questions. Plainly stating something entails making statements about your point - not asking questions about my position.

Be that as it may - and at the risk of incurring the wrath of Suzianne - the following states my position:
    By and large, I find the ...[text shortened]... m etc. In short, passages where Jesus is explicitly preaching the vision of His gospel.   
    Then there is nothing but your personal opinion at play here. You like somethings and you dislike others so due to that, you believe your views about what you like about Jesus is good, and what you don't like bad. You are so sure of yourself the rest of the world is wrong, and you are right. Plainly stating it, you are quite full of yourself.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 03:051 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Then there is nothing but your personal opinion at play here. You like somethings and you dislike others so due to that, you believe your views about what you like about Jesus is good, and what you don't like bad. You are so sure of yourself the rest of the world is wrong, and you are right. Plainly stating it, you are quite full of yourself.
    Not surprised that in YOUR way of thinking, truth is dictated by "personal opinion" and what one "likes" and "dislikes". You think something is true simply because you believe it. It explains how you are able to hold your belief that you understand natural selection, for example, when everything you post indicates otherwise. You ignore all the evidence to the contrary. You do this with scripture as well.

That's not how truth works.

The Bible on the whole is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. It does not hold up under the light of truth. It is unsound and incoherent.

In contrast, the vision of the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth holds up reasonably well under the light of truth - it is reasonably sound and reasonably coherent. What's more, much of what was attributed to Him is remarkably deep and quite profound.

The gospel preached by others in which you believe does not hold up under the light of truth.

You believe in their gospel because it is self-serving for you to do so.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 03:49
    @thinkofone said
    Not surprised that in YOUR way of thinking, truth is dictated by "personal opinion" and what one "likes" and "dislikes". You think something is true simply because you believe it. It explains how you are able to hold your belief that you understand natural selection, for example, when everything you post indicates otherwise. You ignore all the evidence to the contrary. Yo ...[text shortened]... der the light of truth.

You believe in their gospel because it is self-serving for you to do so.
    Scripture isn't supposed to be by personal privote interpretation which is what you are doing, you are not looking at the text in light of the rest of the Bible. Instead you judge the rest of the Bible by just a couple of verses, to the point of denouncing many of the writers who actually walked with Jesus.

With respect to natural selection you are clueless there too, what evidence do you think I've ignored?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 05:002 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Scripture isn't supposed to be by personal privote interpretation which is what you are doing, you are not looking at the text in light of the rest of the Bible. Instead you judge the rest of the Bible by just a couple of verses, to the point of denouncing many of the writers who actually walked with Jesus.

With respect to natural selection you are clueless there too, what evidence do you think I've ignored?
    You've missed the point again. Reread it again. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out.

Instead you judge the rest of the Bible by just a couple of verses...

Actually I don't. You just like to disingenuously frame it that way because you think it strengthens your case. It's called creating a straw man. Google it.

As it's been explained to you more than a few time by more than a few people, I can't see any point to trying to explain it to you again. Quite frankly, you don't seem to understand the half of anything you read.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 11:55
    @thinkofone said
    You've missed the point again. Reread it again. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out.

Actually I don't. You just like to disingenuously frame it that way because you think it strengthens your case. It's called creating a straw man. Google it.

[b]With respect to natural selection yo ...[text shortened]... explain it to you again. Quite frankly, you don't seem to understand the half of anything you read.
    The central point of the Bible was God giving Jesus Christ, it was predicted as far back as Genesis what was going to occur and throughout scripture, His birth was foretold, His life, and His death. You have missed that it seems as you think there is something all of the writers of the New and Old Testaments have gotten wrong.

God sent Jesus, Jesus foretold of that when He was leaving that He was going to send another like Him to us, the Holy Spirit. The good news is that God has dealt with our sinfulness and restored us to God. This is not something we can earn or work for no amount of effort on our part could compel God to do that, it is a gift and your doctrine from what I have seen isn't that.

Then for whatever the reason you cannot discuss who Jesus is, I can only imagine it is because who you think He is you know you cannot defend, or sharing who you think he is defangs the reason why you like what parts you give Him credit for saying loses its appeal and power to mean anything.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 12:07
    @kellyjay said
    The central point of the Bible was God giving Jesus Christ, it was predicted as far back as Genesis what was going to occur and throughout scripture, His birth was foretold, His life, and His death.
    Not all religious people who believe that Genesis is divinely inspired and true agree with you about Jesus being who you say he was.

So I am not sure how legitimate any exclusive claim you might make to the content of Genesis is.

Genesis was the Hebrews' book - the Jews. They don't agree with you about Jesus.

Genesis was also a holy book for the forerunners of the people who started calling themselves Muslims 600 years ago, and they don't agree with you about Jesus.

The Jesus story was created by Christians after Jesus died. They called it the NT.

As for the OT ~ the vast majority of "the Bible" ~ for the Jews [who wrote it] and the Muslims who subscribe to much of it, your claim that "the central point of the Bible was God giving Jesus Christ" is not true, and they are every bit as much believers in Genesis as you are.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 14:10

Removed by poster

12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 14:21
    @thinkofone said

[b]With respect to natural selection yo ...[text shortened]... explain it to you again. Quite frankly, you don't seem to understand the half of anything you read.
    "As it's been explained to you more than a few time by more than a few people, I can't see any point to trying to explain it to you again. Quite frankly, you don't seem to understand the half of anything you read."

In other words you got nothing you just hope someone will speak up backing you up so you don't have to put up and back up your views on the topic without help.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 21:46
    @kellyjay said
    The central point of the Bible was God giving Jesus Christ, it was predicted as far back as Genesis what was going to occur and throughout scripture, His birth was foretold, His life, and His death. You have missed that it seems as you think there is something all of the writers of the New and Old Testaments have gotten wrong.

God sent Jesus, Jesus foretold of that when H ...[text shortened]... why you like what parts you give Him credit for saying loses its appeal and power to mean anything.
    I guess this is where you once again mindlessly regurgitate the dogma that you've been taught as a way to avoid addressing the points of my posts. Go figure.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 21:502 edits
    @kellyjay said
    "As it's been explained to you more than a few time by more than a few people, I can't see any point to trying to explain it to you again. Quite frankly, you don't seem to understand the half of anything you read."

In other words you got nothing you just hope someone will speak up backing you up so you don't have to put up and back up your views on the topic without help.
    Now you're going to pretend that I and several others haven't tried to explain to you how natural selection works? Seriously?

It's one thing to not understand a topic. It's another to be so clueless that you are unable to understand that you don't understand.

You're such a prideful thing.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 21:53
    @thinkofone said
    Now you're going to pretend that I and several others haven't tried to explain to you how natural works? Seriously?

It's one thing to not understand a topic. It's another to be so clueless that you are unable to understand that you don't understand.

You're such a prideful thing.
    You assume once something is explained that I should change my mind to reflect your views?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree