Calling out God...

Calling out God...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
It seems to me that there are two explanations for the material universe. The first, of coarse, is that God created it. The second is that it always was. However, that is not what science tells us is it? In fact, science can look as far back as the Big Bang and NO further. So you tell me, what evidence is there that there was NO begining? It seems those ...[text shortened]... he irrational ones.

Edit: Please don't tell me it all magically appeared out of thin air.
You are mistaken. There are infinite explanations. Maybe Zeus made it. Maybe a turtle crapped it out. Etc.

What exactly do you mean by a "beginning"? Before the BB there was a Singularity. You are mistaken if you believe that physicists aren't aware of this.

There was no air until well after the Big Bang.

C

Moves
29 May 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Prove it.
Can you disprove that God exists?

w

Moves
29 May 07
2 edits

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
You are mistaken. There are infinite explanations. Maybe Zeus made it. Maybe a turtle crapped it out. Etc.

What exactly do you mean by a "beginning"? Before the BB there was a Singularity. You are mistaken if you believe that physicists aren't aware of this.

There was no air until well after the Big Bang.
Well if Zeus or turtleman created the universe then they would be God, no? As far as a beginning, I am referring to scientific evidence ONLY in terms of a beginning. As Scotty would say, emperical evidence only please. There is evidence for a begining which provides problems for those who do not believe the material universe was created. To say that the universe was not created is like saying it had no beginning which contradicts known scientific data. After all, the universe had to come from somewhere, no? You can give me theories about how the eternal universe created us but I can give you theories of my own based in science as well in terms of how Goddunnit.

w

Moves
29 May 07

Originally posted by Crita
Can you disprove that God exists?
They will tell you that they do not need to prove that he exists, rather, the burden lies upon the one who says that God does exist. However, from the posts I read on these boards they seem to be lying. Based upon the time and effort atheists spend on these boards proving their is no God it seems that they do indeed have a burden to prove he does not exist.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 May 07

Originally posted by shavixmir
Well... I gave him a chance. He just didn't show. Did he?
I called him out, right here, in front of you all, and he didn't show.

So, he's either a coward or he doesn't exist. And since, if he did exist he would be omnipotent, I'm sure cowardice would not be of the order.

And there you go. He aint' there.
Well see, he made up the frigging rules and rule one says you can't go faster than the speed of light. Now what that proves minimum is this god is at least a couple of light weeks away and therefore its assuredly masterly response is going to be delayed by an indeterminate amount of time.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 May 07
1 edit

Well if Zeus or turtleman created the universe then they would be God, no? As far as a beginning, I am referring to scientific evidence ONLY in terms of a beginning. As Scotty would say, emperical evidence only please. There is evidence for a begining which provides problems for those who do not believe the material universe was created. To say that the u ...[text shortened]... the eternal universe created us but I can give you theories of my own in terms of how Goddunnit.
No, God is a proper noun which refers to the Judeo-Christian god. The turtle might not even be a "god", since "gods" are beings that people worship, no?

There is evidence for a singularity turning into a Big Bang. This is the event that many call the "beginning of the universe". This phrase really depends on what you mean by "universe"; I guess the singularity changed into the universe.

What exactly do you mean by a "beginning"? Are you referring to the Big Bang? If so, in theory there was a singularity before the BB, and what came before the singularity cannot be known. It may have been sitting there being a singularity for an infinite time back into the past for all we know.

w

Moves
29 May 07

what came before the singularity cannot be known.
Thats all I am trying to say. 😵

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 May 07

Thats all I am trying to say. 😵
Then why do you write as if you know what came before?

w

Moves
29 May 07

Then why do you write as if you know what came before?
Why do you?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 May 07
1 edit

Why do you?
I don't. Please show me where I do. You assume the Judeo-Christian God existed before the Big Bang based on your posts.

w

Moves
29 May 07

I don't. Please show me where I do. You assume the Judeo-Christian God existed before the Big Bang based on your posts.
Neither do I, or at least from scientific empirical data because it is not possible. However, we each have our "beliefs" as to what happened, don't we?.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 May 07
1 edit

Neither do I, or at least from scientific empirical data because it is not possible. However, we each have our "beliefs" as to what happened, don't we?.
I don't. Why do you?

w

Moves
29 May 07

I don't.
YOu have no beliefs on the matter? It seems to me that either you do not believe there to be a God or not sure if there is a God. Either way you have beliefs on the matter. I would even guess that you have theories as to how the supposide goddless universe is eternal. Am I right?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 May 07

YOu have no beliefs on the matter? It seems to me that either you do not believe there to be a God or not sure if there is a God. Either way you have beliefs on the matter. I would even guess that you have theories as to how the supposide goddless universe is eternal. Am I right?
It seems to me that either you do not believe there to be a God or not sure if there is a God.

Change that or to an 'and' and you will be correct.

Not believing X is not the same as having a belief. You are mistaken about that.

I would even guess that you have theories as to how the supposide goddless universe is eternal.

What exactly is the "universe"? If it's defined as that which exists after the BB, then of course it's not eternal. I do speculate on occasion about what happened before the BB, but speculation does not equal having beliefs. I don't speculate on this much though since there doesn't seem to be any way to determine if I'm right or not.

C

Moves
29 May 07

Not believing X is not the same as having a belief. You are mistaken about that.
Yes, it is. Your belief about X is that is not true or non-existant or incorrect or whatever, but it's still a belief.