Calling on a few christians to help me out.

Calling on a few christians to help me out.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
17 Feb 11

I have been having an argument with someone who makes athiest videos, and i've been arguing that he is unfairly depicting christian/biblical events and ideas to parody and insult...He has asked for specifics on what is insulting, and i'm only guessing (being agnostic myself)...Is there a christian or two here that would help me out by watching a few youtube vids and giving me their opinions please?

PM me please if you're willing to help.

Huck

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
17 Feb 11

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
I have been having an argument with someone who makes athiest videos, and i've been arguing that he is unfairly depicting christian/biblical events and ideas to parody and insult...He has asked for specifics on what is insulting, and i'm only guessing (being agnostic myself)...Is there a christian or two here that would help me out by watching a few ...[text shortened]... vids and giving me their opinions please?

PM me please if you're willing to help.

Huck
Yes, I know, if you're not a Christian then you're not depicting Christianity accurately. Funny how that works.

Cape Town

Moves
17 Feb 11

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
... i'm only guessing (being agnostic myself)...
To add to rwingett's comment, why would a Christian be any more capable of reading and understanding the Bible than an atheist or agnostic? Are we even talking about Biblical events and ideas or are we talking about events and ideas as interpreted by Christians after reading the Bible?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Feb 11

Why don't you just post the videos here and we can discuss them in a calm and collected manner?

Ahem.

Cape Town

Moves
17 Feb 11

If it is the Old Testament we are discussing, we probably want comments from some Jews and Muslims too.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
17 Feb 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
If it is the Old Testament we are discussing, we probably want comments from some Jews and Muslims too.
...and throw in some flying spaghetti too.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
17 Feb 11

Originally posted by rwingett
Yes, I know, if you're not a Christian then you're not depicting Christianity accurately. Funny how that works.
That is probably 100% true.

Z

Moves
17 Feb 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
That is probably 100% true.
i wouldn't say 100% but close to that

like 2%. or 3%

are you familiar with the concept of circular logic?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
17 Feb 11

I really said that???

Wow, i thought i asked for a christians opinion on debunk/statire videos, but i was actually questioning the legitimacy of non christians and their ability to depict religion accurately...Thanks dude, i never noticed that.

R

California

Moves
17 Feb 11
4 edits

This prove to me that there is a God.

19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Still we are the only planet with intelligent life, so that doesn't prove anything.

The Bible also says that God was made plain to them, people just want to ignore God.

Z

Moves
17 Feb 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
This prove to me that there is a God.

19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Still we are the only planet with intelligent life, so that doesn't prove anything.

The Bible also says that God was made plain to them, people just want to ignore God.
you can't use the word of god to prove there is a god. circular logic dude. again.

it's faith, leave it at that. you may be sure god exist, i may be sure god exist. but at no point can we say that we have proof of that.

R

California

Moves
17 Feb 11
4 edits

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
you can't use the word of god to prove there is a god. circular logic dude. again.

it's faith, leave it at that. you may be sure god exist, i may be sure god exist. but at no point can we say that we have proof of that.
how about the gift of tongues and people rising from the dead and muslims that are having dreams of Jesus without ever knowing of who he is.

I know you said to not use the Bible, but the Bible predicted that blacks would be slaves.

With all do respect i have never heard that them before and do not understand it. They give crappy def. on wikipedia.(circular logic)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Feb 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi

Yes, it all depends on faith.

If you have faith, you don't need proof, and if you have proof, you don't need faith.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Feb 11

And if you're not depicting Christianity accurately, you're obviously not a real Christian 😉

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Feb 11
1 edit

I am an atheist but I have been studying Genesis and some other parts of the Bible and untangling what these stories actually mean in real terms. I'd be happy to take a look if you like.

http://athousandyoung.blogspot.com/2010/12/history-and-prehistory-of-everything.html

http://athousandyoung.blogspot.com/2010/03/book-of-daniel.html