Born again???

Born again???

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Aug 19
2 edits

The disciples were BORN AGAIN in John when in His resurrection He breathed into them and told them to "RECEIVE the Holy Spirit".

That is when they were born of the Spirit.

"And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. The disciples therefore rejoiced at seeing the Lord.

Then Jesus said to them again, Peace be to you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.

And when He had said this, He breathed into them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit." (John 20:20-22)

This was not the promise of the Father to clothed them with POWER at Pentacost. This was the Lord's promise to come to them as the Comforter, the Another Comforter, the Spirit of truth, the Holy Spirit. That is to give them new life. Before power is life.

The act of breathing into them signified He was imparting HIMSELF into them. They were born of the Spirit at that moment.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Rajk999

Nobody is yet born of the Spirit.

I have been born again. Millions have been born again in the church age.

Notice the PAST TENSE - "Having been regenerated ... " (See First Peter 1:23)

The audience Peter addresses as to their PAST have been born again -

[b]"Having BEEN regenerated not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible, ...[text shortened]... into them signified He was imparting HIMSELF into them. They were born of the Spirit at that moment.
You continue to make yourself look stupid. People have reached the state of ignoring your deceitful and biased comments

Like the JWs and all other cults, who see it fit to rewrite the bible so that their false doctrines will appear to have some scriptural backing, you quote from another bible fabricated by your cult leader..

The word 'regenerated' does not appear in the Bible the KJV. The word 'regeneration' appears twice. On one of those times Jesus says the regeneration takes place when He returns.I believe Jesus. You are one of the Devils angels who at every turn is contradicting Christ.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Aug 19

@divegeester said
Join your cult?
Why can't you answer a simple question? If you don't know then man up and say I don't know...
The answer is you have to die. No flesh can go to heaven.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Aug 19

@galveston75 said
The answer is you have to die. No flesh can go to heaven.
Right, flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of god. Yawn, hardly new news.

Meanwhile your last two posts have been insulting me, please carry on.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Aug 19

@thinkofone said
[quote]Jesus provided an overview here:

John 8
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
31...“If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

His true disciples abide in His word and the truth makes them free from committing ...[text shortened]... His disciples are made free from committing sin, but don't cease to sin? How does that work exactly?
Being free and not doing it are two different things. If we sin, we go to God for forgiveness! You need to read all of the Bible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Aug 19

@sonship said
The disciples were BORN AGAIN in John when in His resurrection He breathed into them and told them to "RECEIVE the Holy Spirit".

That is when they were born of the Spirit.

[quote] [b] "And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. The disciples therefore rejoiced at seeing the Lord.

Then Jesus said to them again, Peace be to you; as the ...[text shortened]... into them signified He was imparting HIMSELF into them. They were born of the Spirit at that moment.
Nobody is born of the Spirit except Christ. Receiving the Holy SPirit is not born of the Spirit. They are two different things. Jesus describes what is born of the Spirit:

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:5-8 KJV)

Someone born of the Spirit is a Spirit being, and can move like the wind. Can you move like the wind? All of mankind is born of flesh. As long as your have flesh and blood you are born of flesh.

Paul similarly describes the day when he will put away this corruptible body and put on a new and holy one like Christ. Nobody is there yet because that only happens at the arrival of Christ.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Aug 19

@divegeester said
Right, flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of god. Yawn, hardly new news.

Meanwhile your last two posts have been insulting me, please carry on.
Sorry for slipping up. I'm working hard on not doing that....

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Aug 19
4 edits

@Rajk999

You continue to make yourself look stupid. People have reached the state of ignoring your deceitful and biased comments

As usual you troll off empty bluster and braggadocio.
In John the disciples were reborn when they received the Holy Spirit after Christ's resurrection. John 20:19-25 is dedicated to explaining this.

Like the JWs and all other cults, who see it fit to rewrite the bible so that their false doctrines will appear to have some scriptural backing, you quote from another bible fabricated by your cult leader..

You cannot quote one sentence which I "re-wrote". You're a liar with no conscience in the matter.

Write the Scripture immediately followed by how I re-wrote it.

The word 'regenerated' does not appear in the Bible the KJV.

The King James Version of First Peter 1:23 translates it this way:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

So handwaving that KJV does not say regenerated but "BORN AGAIN" does exactly NOTHING for your false teaching that no one has been born again. You're still exposed as a fraud and false teacher.

The recipients of the epistle had been "born again".
The RcV has "regenerated". Other translations don't help your case.

Other renderings of First Peter 1:23 are -
NIV
"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God."

ESV
"since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;"

NASB "for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God."

NLT
"For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God."

CSB
"because you have been born again --not of perishable seed but of imperishable--through the living and enduring word of God."

The rest of your comment is irrelevent to the fact that reputable English translations indicate BORN AGAIN had occurred in the past to the audience of Christians. And to many people today, they have been "born again" of incorruptible seed - the living and abiding word of God.

You cannot rob us of this gift nor of the TRUTH of the New Testament.

I know that the English "regeneration" is not used ONLY for the matter of the new birth. I wrote of this years ago.

In fact this is all repetition of arguments had in the past which failed to show no one has been "born again".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Aug 19
2 edits

Some more English renderings of that verse:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
As persons who have been born again, not from fallible seed, but that which is infallible, by the living word of God which stands for eternity.

New American Standard 1977
for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and abiding word of God.

American Standard Version 1901
having been begotten again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the word of God, which liveth and abideth.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Being born again not of corruptible seed, but incorruptible, by the word of God who liveth and remaineth for ever.

Darby Bible Translation
being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by [the] living and abiding word of God.

Webster's Bible Translation
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Weymouth New Testament
For you have been begotten again by God's ever-living and enduring word from a germ not of perishable, but of imperishable life.

World English Bible
having been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the word of God, which lives and remains forever.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Rajk999

As usual you troll off empty bluster and braggadocio.
In John the disciples were reborn when they received the Holy Spirit after Christ's resurrection. John 20:19-25 is dedicated to explaining this.

[quote] ...[text shortened]... is is all repetition of arguments had in the past which failed to show no one has been "born again".
As usual your nonsense prattling arguments are overturned by the simple facts

Jesus said:
- the regeneration takes place when He returns
- those born of the Spirit can move like the wind.

Simple. You are full of BS.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Aug 19
5 edits

Rajk999's case that no one has been born again is exploded as a fraud.

"Regeneration" is a word used ALSO for the time of the restoration during the millennium. Rajk999 imagines that I don't know that or overlooked it.

"Regeneration" used also for the time of the millennium does absolutely NOTHING to negate that the popular King James Versions says

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Because people can be born again all during the church age, Peter says we who have should do as NEW BORN babes would do. That is long for milk in order to grow.

In this case the milk is the ever living and abiding word of God which is incorruptible and the AGENT of our having been born again.

Now look at the the whole thought in the KJV in context.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. (v.23)
For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: (v.24)
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. (v.25)
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, ( 2:1)
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: (2:2)

"BEING BORN AGAIN ... AS NEWBORN BABES"

Rajk999's false teaching crumbles into a heap of error with no hope of his vindication.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Aug 19
1 edit

@galveston75 said
Sorry for slipping up. I'm working hard on not doing that....
It’s not a “slip up”, it’s just that you ask a question that could quite rightly have several possible answers and when I don’t jump through your hoops you start badgering me to answer as though you have me in some sort of intellectual grip.

Flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of god. Ok. Now what.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Aug 19
1 edit

@sonship said

"Regeneration" is a word used ALSO for the time of the restoration during the millennium. Rajk999 imagines that I don't know that or overlooked it.

"Regeneration" used also for the time of the millennium does absolutely NOTHING to negate that the popular King James Versions says
[quot ...[text shortened]... ES" [/b]

Rajk999's false teaching crumbles into a heap of error with no hope of his vindication.
Right now you are born of water. That is a spiritual rebirth. You may have gifts of the Holy Spirit, but you are still flesh and blood.

When Jesus returns there will be the regeneration. This a complete transformation of the righteous before they enter the Kingdom of God, from physical beings to spirit beings, ie no flesh no blood humans, but spirit beings that can move like the wind.

Have patience and stop fooling yourself, you aint there yet.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Aug 19

@divegeester said
It’s not a “slip up”, it’s just that you ask a question that could quite rightly have several possible answers and when I don’t jump through your hoops you start badgering me to answer as though you have me in some sort of intellectual grip.

Flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of god. Ok. Now what.
You may notice that he has contributed nothing of substance to this thread.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Aug 19

@sonship said

[quot ...[text shortened]... ES" [/b]

Paul said that he awaits the day when he will be regenerated.