1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 00:562 edits
    @galveston75

Well I don't think this comment was needed as I've never said anything like this to you, but oh well. You have your opinion of my beliefs and that's fine.
    So I have no comment to you as that is your view.

I regarded your attitude to be similar to your recent thread about - something like - "Why all the confusion about what the bible says ..." .

If I unfairly link that thread's attitude to your inquire here, I'm sorry. I will retract that comment if it is unfair.

Fallen sinners are not only alienated from God. We were "alienated from the life of God" (Eph 4:18)

The act of being born anew or born again is when through Justification by faith God terminates this alienation of a person from the life of God. God's life which is Christ and the Holy Spirit, enters into that person.

This is a miracle.
    If God does not do it, you won't have it.

You receive what you never had from your natural birth - "another life". You receive that "life of God" from which fallen sinners come into the world alienated from.

Through Christ's redemption - the barrier between people and God is dealt with. And the life of the Person of God in Christ can be born INTO you.

Ask for this, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    And drop that Jesus Christ is the archangel Michael.

Ask that His precious blood cleanse you forever of all your sins and receive the Holy Spirit for regeneration - being born from above - being born again.

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God." (Rom. 8:16)

The human spirit become divine life because Justification has brought to him righteousness.

"But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the [human] spirit is [divine] life because of righteousness." (Rom. 8:10)
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 00:591 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I've got a question. How is one becoming born again decided? Simple question so try to keep it simple if you can....
    Keeping it simple: Taking the entirety of the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth, one must be righteous, i.e., cease to sin.

As an aside though it's often translated as "born again", given the context "born from above" makes much more sense.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 01:043 edits
    The blind leading the blind so that both fall into a pit is bad enough.

The blind in a pit waiting to drag the other blind down where he is is worse!

In spite of some eloquence ThinkOfOne (Mr. "Jesus while he walked on earth" ) doesn't know ANYTHING about the new birth, either AGAIN or FROM ABOVE or any other NT description.

In fact ThinKOfOne is here to oppose any such experience.
    God is the enemy, therefore being born of God has definitely no place in his philosophy.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 01:12
    @sonship said

Who is your audience for these two sentences? Are they aimed at people who already agree with you?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 01:13
    @sonship said
    God is the enemy, therefore being born of God has definitely no place in his philosophy.
    Who believes "God is the enemy"? I missed this. Where did someone say this?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 02:27
    @sonship said

In spite of some eloquence ThinkOfOne (Mr. "Jesus while he walked on earth" ) doesn't know ANYTHING about the new birth, either AGAIN or FROM ABOVE or any other NT description.

In fact ThinKOfOne is here to oppose any ...[text shortened]... perience.
    Sorry but not exactly sure what you're saying here?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 02:28
    @thinkofone said
    Keeping it simple: Taking the entirety of the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth, one must be righteous, i.e., cease to sin.

As an aside though it's often translated as "born again", given the context "born from above" makes much more sense.
    How does one cease to sin?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 02:501 edit
    @galveston75 said
    How does one cease to sin?
    Jesus provided an overview here:

John 8
    34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
    31...“If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

His true disciples abide in His word and the truth makes them free from committing sin.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 03:46
    @thinkofone said
    Jesus provided an overview here:

John 8
    34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
    31...“If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

His true disciples abide in His word and the truth makes them free from committing sin.
    Where does it say, cease to sin in the text you quote? If you sin you'll be a slave to it, and we are set free in Christ, but where does it say you'll cease to sin? Where does it say his true disciples abiding in His works is free from committing sin? I know scriptures tells us that when we walk in the Spirit we will not sin, but where does it say cease to sin?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 04:24
    @kellyjay said
    Where does it say, cease to sin in the text you quote? If you sin you'll be a slave to it, and we are set free in Christ, but where does it say you'll cease to sin? Where does it say his true disciples abiding in His works is free from committing sin? I know scriptures tells us that when we walk in the Spirit we will not sin, but where does it say cease to sin?
    There doesn't seem to be a coherent point in what you've posted. Have a think on it and try again.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 04:30
    @galveston75 said
    Just curious as all here seem to have different views on this. If I give a rebuttal it will be with scriptures....
    Real scripture, or your scripture?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 04:371 edit
    @galveston75 said
    How is one becoming born again decided? Simple question
    It’s a simple question but it is so poorly written that it is impossibly to know how to answer accurately.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 07:10
    @thinkofone said
    There doesn't seem to be a coherent point in what you've posted. Have a think on it and try again.
    I agree with Kelly. That scripture says nothing "about ceasing to sin."
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 07:11
    @divegeester said
    It’s a simple question but it is so poorly written that it is impossibly to know how to answer accurately.
    So sorry Dive. I'll check with you first next time so you can correct me before I post...!!!!!!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 07:151 edit
    @galveston75 said
    So sorry Dive. I'll check with you first next time so you can correct me before I post...!!!!!!
    ”How is one becoming born again decided?”

“How”: do you mean the mechanism of being born again?

“Becoming”: do you mean the time period?

“Decided”: do you mean predestined?

Your question is poorly phrased to such an extent that I do not know what it is you are actually asking. Do you even know?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree