blindfaith101 - Question for you...

blindfaith101 - Question for you...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
You use the word - intercessor

But the definition of an intercessor is:

n : a negotiator who acts as a link between parties

Thus cannot be the same entity as either of the two parties. There is also clear indication that God and Jesus Christ are separate beings throughout the teaching of the Bible.

If you believe that they are the same entity ...[text shortened]... ot asking to get a rise, flame or anything else. I am trying to understand from whence you come.
The unbeliever does not believe that JESUS CHRIST, THE HOLY SPIRIT, and GOD can be one person.The unbeliever knows nothing about GOD, nor does he care to know. The unbeliever is comfortable in their sin. The unbeliever knows little about the Love of GOD. Nor cares to. Those of you of great understanding and wisdom could not problely even give the understanding of what sin is.

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

You use the word - intercessor

But the definition of an intercessor is:

n : a negotiator who acts as a link between parties

Thus cannot be the same entity as either of the two parties. There is also clear indication that God and Jesus Christ are separate beings throughout the teaching of the Bible.

If you believe that they are the same entity ...[text shortened]... ot asking to get a rise, flame or anything else. I am trying to understand from whence you come.
There is a being called satan who is the enemy of GOD. Yes he does play a role even in this debate. The are three forces envoled in a War. Which is know as the War of Good and Evil. The forces envoled are GOD and his army, satan and his army, and all of mankind. GOD and satan were fighting each other before man was created. Mankind got envoledin the war in the Garden of Eden,(GENESIS chapters 2&3). It would be nice to discuss the War and the reason for it. The War is in both the physical and spiritual realms. I personally have it very interresting.

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Logically, then, you should not have a problem with the intercession of Mary on your behalf.

"Hail Mary. pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our need, ..." or something like that.
Why is CHRIST so mean that HE won't hear those that believe in him.
CHRIST put mary in her place in the beginning of HIS Ministry. (JOHN 2:1-11) Mary then told the servants" do what HE tells you". Form that point Mary had nothing to say. She did what CHRIST told her to. Before HE went to heaven HE put her in the care of the Disciples. Never once did HE let known that the way to HIM is through Mary. Mary is just an excuse for being afraid of going to CHRIST for your self.

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
I realize you are incredibly dense, but I have told you several times I am not an atheist. Do you know what an atheist is?

Answer my question: in Matthew Jesus gave the specific words of what is now called the "Our Father". Jesus said to pray to "Our father, who art in Heaven". You claim that you are not allowed to pray directly to God. So is Jesus wrong and your cult leaders right?
You are both right and you know it. CHRIST gave at least 2 ways we are to pray to GOD. We are to pray according to the teachings of THE WORD OF GOD.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
The unbeliever is comfortable in their sin.
Instead write either "Unbelievers are comfortable in their sin," or "The unbeliever is comfortable in his or her sin." The latter, however, may take you down the slipperly slope towards relativism if you follow Ratzinger's logic--as wrong as it is, it might be an improvement for some RHP posters.

Multiple Personality disorder may be growing in severity, but it is not yet normative. Please demonstrate competent understanding of language before you attempt to instruct others regarding the interpretation of texts.

footnote:

Misuse of plural pronouns

There must be agreement in number between a pronoun and its antecedent. In formal academic and professional writing, or when the individuality of the subject is significant, this rule remains absolute. In informal writing and speech, lack of agreement may be tolerable on occasion.

This error most often stems from efforts to avoid sexist use of universal male pronouns. One solution, if it does not become excessive, employs a pronoun phrase, such as he or she, where once he was common. However, this practice seems wordy to many. Sometimes it is beneficial to alternate pronouns, as I did in an instructive essay on chess strategy: “If black attacks the pawn on a2 with a knight and bishop, she will win the pawn. If he recaptures, she will also win a rook for a minor piece.”

These sentences lack agreement:
Your child needs more money in their lunch account.
When your child arrives at school, have them put their coat in their locker.
When a Latino writer begins, they must first decide whether to write in English or Spanish.

These sentences use pronoun phrases to avoid the error (but seem wordy):
Your child needs more money is his or her lunch account.
When your child arrives at school have him or her put his or her coat in his or her locker.
Instruct your child to put his or her coat in the assigned locker when arriving at school.

These sentences are recast to avoid the error:
Your child’s lunch account needs more money.
Your child needs more money in the lunch account.

These sentences use a plural antecedent to avoid the error:
When the children arrive at school, have them put their coats in their lockers.
When Latinos writers begin, each must choose whether to write in English or Spanish.

This sentence employs a novel approach to historic gender bias:
When a Latina writer begins, she must decide whether to write in English or Spanish.

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

Instead write either "Unbelievers are comfortable in their sin," or "The unbeliever is comfortable in his or her sin." The latter, however, may take you down the slipperly slope towards relativism if you follow Ratzinger's logic--as wrong as it is, it might be an improvement for some RHP posters.

Multiple Personality disorder may be growing in severi ...[text shortened]... er to write in English or Spanish.

The Truth is still the Truth regardless how you say or write it.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
22 Nov 05

There is a being called satan who is the enemy of GOD. Yes he does play a role even in this debate. The are three forces envoled in a War. Which is know as the War of Good and Evil. The forces envoled are GOD and his army, satan and his army, and all of mankind. GOD and satan were fighting each other before man was created. Mankind got envoledin the wa ...[text shortened]... t. The War is in both the physical and spiritual realms. I personally have it very interresting.
Ok.... so Satan is a part of the equation. They are on opposite sides of the War - which, as I understand it, is an eternal war between good and evil, yes?

I am curious though.... if God is All-Powerful, hates sin, Lucifer is rife with sin, perpeutates is with every fiber of his being and with every moment of humanity's life on this planet AND is the vehement enemy of God, then why does God not smite him?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

Ok.... so Satan is a part of the equation. They are on opposite sides of the War - which, as I understand it, is an eternal war between good and evil, yes?

I am curious though.... if God is All-Powerful, hates sin, Lucifer is rife with sin, perpeutates is with every fiber of his being and with every moment of humanity's life on this planet AND is the vehement enemy of God, then why does God not smite him?
God like to see his children tempted.

There's also a battle among the gods to see whether any can create a creature with free will and be worshipped by them.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
22 Nov 05

God like to see his children tempted.

There's also a battle among the gods to see whether any can create a creature with free will and be worshipped by them.
In my understanding of the Biblical timeline, Satan fell only after the creation of man. If God had created the earth and Satan was crawling all over it, He wouldn't call it "good" in Gen 1.*.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
22 Nov 05

The unbeliever does not believe that JESUS CHRIST, THE HOLY SPIRIT, and GOD can be one person.The unbeliever knows nothing about GOD, nor does he care to know. The unbeliever is comfortable in their sin. The unbeliever knows little about the Love of GOD. Nor cares to. Those of you of great understanding and wisdom could not problely even give the understanding of what sin is.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm#II

The dogma of the Holy Trinity

253 The Trinity is One. We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the "consubstantial Trinity".83 The divine persons do not share the one divinity among themselves but each of them is God whole and entire: "The Father is that which the Son is, the Son that which the Father is, the Father and the Son that which the Holy Spirit is, i.e. by nature one God."84 In the words of the Fourth Lateran Council (1215), "Each of the persons is that supreme reality, viz., the divine substance, essence or nature."85

254 The divine persons are really distinct from one another. "God is one but not solitary."86 "Father", "Son", "Holy Spirit" are not simply names designating modalities of the divine being, for they are really distinct from one another: "He is not the Father who is the Son, nor is the Son he who is the Father, nor is the Holy Spirit he who is the Father or the Son."87 They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: "It is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds."88 The divine Unity is Triune.

255 The divine persons are relative to one another. Because it does not divide the divine unity, the real distinction of the persons from one another resides solely in the relationships which relate them to one another: "In the relational names of the persons the Father is related to the Son, the Son to the Father, and the Holy Spirit to both. While they are called three persons in view of their relations, we believe in one nature or substance."89 Indeed "everything (in them) is one where there is no opposition of relationship."90 "Because of that unity the Father is wholly in the Son and wholly in the Holy Spirit; the Son is wholly in the Father and wholly in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is wholly in the Father and wholly in the Son."91

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm#II

The dogma of the Holy Trinity

253 The Trinity is One. We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the "consubstantial Trinity".83 The divine persons do not share the one divinity among themselves but each of them is God whole and entire: "The Father is that which the Son is, ...[text shortened]... nd wholly in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is wholly in the Father and wholly in the Son."91
This dogma of the Trinity from the Vatican (The center of the Holy Roman Catholic Church) is supported by the Whole of Christianity? The Episcopals? The Lutherans? The Baptists? The Prodestants? Every other denomination there is?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
22 Nov 05

This dogma of the Trinity from the Vatican (The center of the Holy Roman Catholic Church) is supported by the Whole of Christianity? The Episcopals? The Lutherans? The Baptists? The Prodestants? Every other denomination there is?
Most of them, yes.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Most of them, yes.
Most of them?

That would tell me then, that the Holy Trinity of God is not universal.... therefore, not part of the core Christian Doctrine. If it were accepted by all, then it would be universal.

If the Trinity is not a univerally accepted core of the Christian Doctrine, then how can it be Truth? Or is it that the interepretations of those who do not accept the Holy Trinity of God are wrong? If that denomination of the Christian faith is wrong, how do you know that others are not? How do you know that all of them are not interpreting the Bible in their own way, simply to support their belief? If each group can read the Bible and interpret what is there and get different ideals...Who is right? What makes you right, or what makes him right, or what makes them, over there, right? What makes any of them wrong?

This does not just apply to the Trinity. What about other parts of the Bible? Who intereprets them right? Whose interpretation do you follow?

If the WORD OF GOD is irrefutable, indisuptable and always right..... How can it be interpreted in so many ways? Why are there so many different denominations?

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05

Most of them?

That would tell me then, that the Holy Trinity of God is not universal.... therefore, not part of the core Christian Doctrine. If it were accepted by all, then it would be universal.

If the Trinity is not a univerally accepted core of the Christian Doctrine, then how can it be Truth? Or is it that the interepretations of those who do ...[text shortened]... t..... How can it be interpreted in so many ways? Why are there so many different denominations?
The question of which interpretation of the Bible is authoritative is best answered by those who compiled and wrote [the remaining parts of] the Bible.