blindfaith101 - Question for you...

blindfaith101 - Question for you...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Nov 05

John 14:28
28 "You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.
(NKJ)

How can they be co-equal?

b

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
The teachings of Christ are PART of the Bibles teaching...there is this HUGE part of it called the Old Testament. You know, that part that has the Ten Commandments near the beginning of it? The part that speaks of the Creation? Adam and Eve?

Actually....nevermind. With every post you more and more prove the point that you are pointless.
Maybe you read the WORD OF GOD. Not just what you want to hear.
JOHN 1:1-4, 9-14
JESUS CHRIST is GOD. JESUS is that GOD that created earth. JESUS CHRIST is that Spirit and Cloud that lead the Nation of Israel in the Wilderness. JESUS CHRIST was the one that gave Moses the LAW. JESUS CHRIST is GOD come in the flesh to die for all the sins of Mankind.
Your problem is that you want to Limit who GOD is. What GOD can do. What GOD can say.
Try reading THE WORD OF GOD.

b

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
John 14:28
28 "You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,'[b] for My Father is greater than I.

(NKJ)

How can they be co-equal?[/b]
You skipped over JOHN 10:25-30 were JESUS said that HE and the Father were one. Read also JOHN 17:11-26, HE futher discuses the question.

b

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by RunningLover
If you pray to God through JC then how can they be the same person?
JESUS CHRIST, GOD, and THE HOLY SPIRIT are all one person as is taught in THE WORD OF GOD.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
24 Nov 05

Personally, I believe that Jesus is one with God like a wave is one with the ocean. The wave can say that it is one with the ocean, but it cannot say that it is the ocean.

b

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Personally, I believe that Jesus is one with God like a wave is one with the ocean. The wave can say that it is one with the ocean, but it cannot say that it is the ocean.
If you are going to believe in JESUS CHRIST, you have to believe all of JESUS CHRIST. Since JESUS CHRIST is THE WORD OF GOD, you have to believe all THE WORD OF GOD. Since THE WORD OF GOD, is GOD, you have to believe all of GOD.
We may not understand all that GOD wants us to understand, but should not by faith Trust GOD. Trust GOD in all things, and pray that HE gives us the understanding to understand HIS WORD.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
24 Nov 05

I would like to interject my two cents here, specifically for the benefit of KnightWulfe.

KnightWulfe and anyone else who may be interested in the prospect of which "christian" church has the correct take on the word of God: I would like to point out one thing first and formost, the term "christian" has become a generic label, claimed by many groups, and the real usage defintion has become very vague.

That said, if anyone sincerely wishes to research a church whose teachings are entirely supported by scripture, I would like to humbly suggest the lutheran church, missouri synod, orthodox. The lutheran church has divided multiple times in american history, and the missouri synod is currently experiencing such a division of 'conservatives' (orthodox) and 'liberals'. Such is why I add the 'orthodox' to my statement. A missouri synod lutheran church under the orthodox measures is by and far the most scripturally sound instituation in all of purported christianity I have found.

Just my opinion. I don't go to church these days, but if I did it would be at one of those. 😉 Anyhoo, I hope my someone finds my recommendation helpful. 🙂

Pax Vobiscum,
Omnislash

P.S. Triune God principle stands in my opinion as far as this debate goes. 😀

a

Forgotten

Moves
24 Nov 05

odd coincidence here
i was born and raised in the lutheran church missouri synod
i would have to agree with omnislash all their beliefs are backed by scriptures the church i belonged to was mostly german/americans
good recommendation omni

l

London

Moves
24 Nov 05

Omnislash, aspviper - thank you for your contribution.

Just a question, though - how does the LCMS justify the divine inspiration of Scripture (especially the NT) itself?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
There - thank you - THAT was a straight answer.
You're welcome.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Nov 05

Are they co-equal? I see in the churches where they are referred to as co-equal.
It depends on from what perspective you want to answer this question.

They are equal and One in the sense that they are all three God. If however you choose to look at the persons seperately and how they appear in Scripture and not just in the New Testament but also in the Old Testament, you'll find different aspects of their appearances.

a

Forgotten

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Omnislash, aspviper - thank you for your contribution.

Just a question, though - how does the LCMS justify the divine inspiration of Scripture (especially the NT) itself?
i was taught that god had inspired the writers to the extent that god himself had written it occultists would call this automatic writting
i notice many will accept the OT on its own merits i guess because they are ancient writtings but remember also that men scribed these words of god also much the same as the NT

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
24 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Omnislash
I would like to interject my two cents here, specifically for the benefit of KnightWulfe.

KnightWulfe and anyone else who may be interested in the prospect of which "christian" church has the correct take on the word of God: I would like to point out one thing first and formost, the term "christian" has become a generic label, claimed by many groups ...[text shortened]... cum,
Omnislash

P.S. Triune God principle stands in my opinion as far as this debate goes. 😀
Thank you for the input Omnislash. It is much appreciated to get an intelligent answer rather than the same repeat of the same thing over and over that blindfath101 seems to be spewing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
You skipped over JOHN 10:25-30 were JESUS said that HE and the Father were one. Read also JOHN 17:11-26, HE futher discuses the question.
You skipped over a whole bunch more...see The Trinity thread.😉

b

Moves
24 Nov 05

You skipped over a whole bunch more...see The Trinity thread.😉
I have pages and pages of Scripture to answer your question. On your thread The Trinity thread, you'll notice a website. That will give you all the Scriptual information that you need, without outside interferrence. Though we could disccus the issue you here. You are not the only one with that same question.