Bible Works vs Faith

Bible Works vs Faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
Meaning I can't judge God. Maybe if you can actually find the discussion as opposed to telling me your recollections.
No you were specifically not being asked to judge God. You were simply being evasive. I have found the discussion. It's interesting to be hearing your recollections of it.

E

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
No you were specifically not being asked to judge God. You were simply being evasive. I have found the discussion. It's interesting to be hearing your recollections of it.
Oh goody since I don't even know what conversation you are talking about.

Great recollections of mythical conversations. Idiot

F

Moves
22 Dec 16

Oh goody since I don't even know what conversation you are talking about.
Oh well. It was only a few weeks ago, And I found it easy to find.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Dec 16

A theology degree would give you such a great understanding of the Bible.
I know, I have one. (Hence my awareness of the inconsistencies).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
More dodging.
No, just pointing out that you are comparing apples and oranges, as usual.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
If Suzianne doesn't want to debate or discuss anything, why does she follow me round the the debates and discussions on the Spirituality Forum pointedly posting ad hominems and other dodges and deflections?
I discussed your haranguing as best I could. The question was nonsensical. Not surprising, since you have no grasp of the concepts. You are misrepresenting me, yet again, for your own attempted sanctification.

F

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
No, just pointing out that you are comparing apples and oranges, as usual.
Not at all. I am trying to ascertain whether he believes "good works" are optional, but it's a point he refuses to be unequivocal about. He keeps using the belief that 'there is no salvation without faith' idea as a distraction. The question is not about that. You cannot have read the exchange if you are trying to dismiss it as "comparing apples and oranges". Perhaps you are being willfully wide of the mark?

F

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
I discussed your haranguing as best I could. The question was nonsensical.
The question is not nonsensical at all. That's just a stock dismissal you like to trot out. If you're not interested in what is being discussed, you don't need to say anything.

E

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I know, I have one. (Hence my awareness of the inconsistencies).
You have one which means nothing. A degree in heresy means absolutely nothing.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Dec 16

You have one which means nothing. A degree in heresy means absolutely nothing.
In the same way, knowing about the Bible, and about Christ is pointless if there are no good works.

E

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
In the same way, knowing about the Bible, and about Christ is pointless if there are no good works.
In the same way good works without Christ is worthless.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Not at all. I am trying to ascertain whether he believes "good works" are optional, but it's a point he refuses to be unequivocal about. He keeps using the belief that 'there is no salvation without faith' idea as a distraction. The question is not about that. You cannot have read the exchange if you are trying to dismiss it as "comparing apples and oranges". Perhaps you are being willfully wide of the mark?
We are saved by faith and 'good works' is evdence of true faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. So works done devoid of faith which are done to be seen by men and not to glorify God do not please God.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
1. Do you think the thief on the cross was saved?
2. Do you think he had good works?

E

Moves
22 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
1. Do you think the thief on the cross was saved?
2. Do you think he had good works?
He said that the thief on the cross is the example of cinversion at death.

So live as you wish, but right before you die make a statement of faith and good works don't matter.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Dec 16

He said that the thief on the cross is the example of cinversion at death.

So live as you wish, but right before you die make a statement of faith and goid works don't matter.
An acceptable conversion at death results from repentance with a contrite heart. Only Christ can judge that. A statement of faith, of which you speak is of no value because it comes from the mouth and not the heart. God cannot be fooled with empty words. Its yet another example of the foolish man and of the Pharisees who focus on outward appearances and on mouth worship. You people are going to end up in the lake of fire with that amount of false doctrines and evil, greedy, selfish doctrines.