Bible Translations

Bible Translations

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
23 Feb 17

Originally posted by sonship
[b] What absolute complete nonsense.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Romans the entire book is not nonsense.
I consider that charge as bordering on blasphemy.

The Apostles words are a direct quotation from the Hebrew of Joel 2:32

The flow of his instruction connects his quotation of J ...[text shortened]... t the so-called scholaship of the NWT. And just in case you didn't know, I have read some of it.
Your interpretation of it was nonsense and I have no fear of your charge of blasphemy, neither did Michael Servetus when he published his pamphlet on the errors of the trinity and was ruthless put to death by your lord Calvin.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Your interpretation of it was nonsense and I have no fear of your charge of blasphemy, neither did Michael Servetus when he published his pamphlet on the errors of the trinity and was ruthless put to death by your lord Calvin.
Jumping to another subject - Calvin and Michael Servetus ?

The Lord's apostle connects Joel 2:32 with the instruction to confess and call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved - in private or in public and to believe that God raised Him from the dead.

rc

Moves
23 Feb 17

Jumping to another subject - Calvin and Michael Servetus ?

The Lord's apostle connects [b]Joel 2:32
with the instruction to confess and call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved - in private or in public and to believe that God raised Him from the dead.[/b]
He instructs us to call on the name of the Father, Jehovah,to be saved, the divine name is in the Hebrew text, it does not say Jesus, it says Jehovah.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Feb 17
2 edits

He instructs us to call on the name of the Father, Jehovah,to be saved, the divine name is in the Hebrew text, it does not say Jesus, it says Jehovah.
Romans 10:9 -

"That if you confess with your mouth JESUS as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (v.9)

In verses 10 - 13 he reinforces this instruction and confirms it finally with a reference of Joel 2:32.

However you try to spin it - Jesus is Jehovah in reality and Jehovah is Jesus in the new covenant.

rc

Moves
23 Feb 17

[b] Romans 10:9 -

"That if you confess with your mouth JESUS as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (v.9)

In verses 10 - 13 he reinforces this instruction and confirms it finally with a reference of Joel 2:32.

However you try to spin it - Jesus is Jehovah in reality and Jehovah is Jesus in the new covenant.[/b]
Read a Hebrew interlinear of Joel 2:32 you charlatan.

P

Moves
23 Feb 17

Originally posted by MarshallPrice
I'm aware many people here are Christians, and I'm just curious as to what translation of The Bible you personally read and why.
Personally I like the Jerusalem Bible. I think of my relationship with God as personal, and that is how it is when i read the Word.

I was looking for your responses to others comments, Marshall, and there were none. Did you leave us?

M

Moves
23 Feb 17

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Personally I like the Jerusalem Bible. I think of my relationship with God as personal, and that is how it is when i read the Word.

I was looking for your responses to others comments, Marshall, and there were none. Did you leave us?
Nope, I've just been observing the thread. Though I have been unable to really sit down and reply to anything in a substantial way. I'm not a Christian, but I am curious as to why people read some versions over others.

P

Moves
23 Feb 17

Nope, I've just been observing the thread. Though I have been unable to really sit down and reply to anything in a substantial way. I'm not a Christian, but I am curious as to why people read some versions over others.
I was thinking you were just observing.

My thought is that as God talks to each of us in His own special way, whether being a Christian, Buddhist, American Indian or even an Atheist. It doesn't really matter how God talks to us, what matters is, do we listen.

M

Moves
23 Feb 17

I was thinking you were just observing.

My thought is that as God talks to each of us in His own special way, whether being a Christian, Buddhist, American Indian or even an Atheist. It doesn't really matter how God talks to us, what matters is, do we listen.
That's a very nice thing to hear, I wish I heard it more.

Have a wonderful day.

P

Moves
23 Feb 17

This is a tough place to have a substantial conversation without being waylaid. Or even trying to keep the thread on point

P

Moves
23 Feb 17

To think that God only values one group of people over another just because some follow a certain set of rules is foolish. I know that God created all. How can God not love all He created.

Certainly, it must drive Him nuts to see mankind being so inhuman to each other.

My belief, knows, God loves. And it is in love we find Him

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Feb 17

Read a Hebrew interlinear of Joel 2:32 you charlatan.
You Jehovah's Witnesses must hate the New Testament.

rc

Moves
24 Feb 17
1 edit

You Jehovah's Witnesses must hate the [b] New Testament. [/b]
Please tell the forum what you read in the Hebrew Interlinear concerning Joel 2:32.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Feb 17

To think that God only values one group of people over another just because some follow a certain set of rules is foolish. I know that God created all. How can God not love all He created.

Certainly, it must drive Him nuts to see mankind being so inhuman to each other.

My belief, knows, God loves. And it is in love we find Him
Christians dont want to hear that, unfortunately.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Feb 17

Please tell the forum what you read in the Hebrew Interlinear concerning Joel 2:32.
Missing the entire point yet again.