Belief not necessary

Belief not necessary

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Dec 21

Belief is absolutely necessary for salvation. The Holy Bible is clear on that.

I place my faith and trust in the Holy Bible and not in men.

The title of this thread is misleading because the Bible doesn’t say belief is not necessary - the Bible says the opposite.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
The Recovery Version Bible (with footnotes by Witness Lee) has this written in the verse of Romans 10:10

Copied BY HAND from the RcV Bible opened before me on my desk. (my bolding)

"To believe with the heart is toward God; to confess with the mouth is toward man. To believe with the heart is to believe in Christ, who was glorified and raised by God from ...[text shortened]... Both are conditions for our being justified and saved."

[Footenote 10(1) on Romans 10:10]
You dont get to interpret that Romans 9:10 as you wish. Paul said what it meant in the very next verse

for with the heart doth one believe to righteousness, and with the mouth is confession made to salvation; (Romans 10:10 YLT)

This means that if the heart truly believes one does righteousness. This the reason why Paul many times told these Christians that if they failed to live righteously they will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

You say the opposite, that they will inherit the kingdom of God no matter what they do.

Therefore calling Lord 3 times is not the teachings of Paul or any other Apostle.

Moves
19 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
Belief is absolutely necessary for salvation. The Holy Bible is clear on that.

I place my faith and trust in the Holy Bible and not in men.

The title of this thread is misleading because the Bible doesn’t say belief is not necessary - the Bible says the opposite.
Exactly. The Bible is clear on that.

This thread (made crystal clear in the OP) shows how far removed the teachings of Witness Lee are from scripture.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Dec 21

Faith with out works is dead, you can’t claim to love God and man without your life reflecting that claim by how you live it. Works without faith can’t please God as has that has been pointed out here and elsewhere.

There are no magic words that will trick God into accepting us. We either come to Jesus Christ or we don’t.

Moves
19 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
Sonship has placed Witness Lee above God and above Christ.
And yet has the audacity to accuse others of being the enemy of Christ.

Comedy gold.

Moves
19 Dec 21

@sonship

All the Christians here seem to be distancing themselves from the words of Witness Lee in the OP. Doesn't that tell you something?

Even I, an atheist, see the nonsense in the claim that I can profess the name of the lord 3 times and be saved, even if I have no intent of believing. This is completely unsupported by scripture and comes from the writings of a charlatan.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Dec 21
1 edit

Did Saul of Tarsus have any intention to believe in the Lord Jesus?
But he called out "Who are You Lord?" And the reluctant opposer of Christian gospel got saved and became a major apostle of the church.

Many a man or woman with no initial intention to have a relationship with God somewhere along the way received mercy to believe and be saved.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@sonship

All the Christians here seem to be distancing themselves from the words of Witness Lee in the OP. Doesn't that tell you something?

Even I, an atheist, see the nonsense in the claim that I can profess the name of the lord 3 times and be saved, even if I have no intent of believing. This is completely unsupported by scripture and comes from the writings of a charlatan.
This is why he constantly starts threads about calling Lord Jesus and harassing people over and over to call on Jesus. When I speak of good works .... NO thats not required.. just call on Jesus name .... He is sickening and disgusting.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Dec 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
“We have seen that to reach the unbelievers, no preaching is necessary. If we help them say “O Lord” three times, they will be saved. If they open the window, the air will get in. All they have to do is to open their mouths and say, “O Lord, O Lord.” Even if they have no intention of believing, still they will be caught! Regardless of whether they have the intention o ...[text shortened]... God. They only need to speak hollow words. (I have just done that and safeguarded my own salvation.)
Here's a hint: Pascal's Wager is a useless endeavor.

That being said, I get it, you're making a point.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Dec 21

@suzianne said
Here's a hint: Pascal's Wager is a useless endeavor.

That being said, I get it, you're making a point.
Glad to see you back. I was wondering what happened to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
You dont get to interpret that Romans 9:10 as you wish. Paul said what it meant in the very next verse

for with the heart doth one believe to righteousness, and with the mouth is confession made to salvation; (Romans 10:10 YLT)

This means that if the heart truly believes one does righteousness. This the reason why Paul many times told these Christians that if the ...[text shortened]... r what they do.

Therefore calling Lord 3 times is not the teachings of Paul or any other Apostle.
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Dec 21
3 edits

@Rajk999

This is why he constantly starts threads about calling Lord Jesus and harassing people over and over to call on Jesus. When I speak of good works .... NO thats not required.. just call on Jesus name .... He is sickening and disgusting.

I have done a few threads showing about believing and calling. You considered these threads harassments.

You have been much more the one harassing me for pointing out that "the Lord is rich to all who call upon Him."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Dec 21

@sonship said
@Rajk999

I have done a few threads showing about believing and calling. You considered these threads harassments.

...[text shortened]... more the one harassing me for pointing out that "the Lord is rich to all who call upon Him."
What ?? Harassments ???
I never use that word.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
What ?? Harassments ???
I never use that word.
You wrote this.
This is why he constantly starts threads about calling Lord Jesus and harassing people over and over to call on Jesus.

Thus the "threads" you complain about you consider "harassments".

Maybe you are listening to demons who tremble at the thought of men calling out to the Lord Jesus.

You might think about that. The Pharisees shut their ears and screamed in rage at Stephen the first Christian martyr telling them about Jesus. They really felt harassed by the truth.

"And he said, Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God. But they cried out with a loud voice and covered their ears and rushed upon him with one accord." (Acts 7:56,57)

It was pure hell for them to be confronted with the truth about Jesus.
Do you feel similarly harassed when confronted with Scripture speaking of calling on the name of the Lord?

Moves
20 Dec 21

@sonship said
Did Saul of Tarsus have any intention to believe in the Lord Jesus?
But he called out "Who are You Lord?" And the reluctant opposer of Christian gospel got saved and became a major apostle of the church.

Many a man or woman with no initial intention to have a relationship with God somewhere along the way received mercy to believe and be saved.
"All they have to do is to open their mouths and say, “O Lord, O Lord.” Even if they have no intention of believing, still they will be caught!"

You understand that? - "All they have to do." Lee does not add the caveat that an atheist has to then go on to believe in God to be saved. He clearly states that mouth worship is 'all' that is required, even when there is no intention of belief. - Witness Lee is completely at odds with scripture on this, you are just too sycophantic to see it.