1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 02:01
    @suzianne said
    In no way was that the question you asked me twice.
    I asked a question and then I asked a different slightly more specific version of the question in order to be clear about your view on "Satan" and the ex-Christian who has "known" about the resurrection and "rejected" it.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 02:03
    @secondson said
    Not exactly, but whatever it takes Satan will use it.

To believe, or to believe not is a choice, an act of the will. Satan uses force to influence, but God does not. Jesus is there knocking at the door, but one must open it to Him.

Elsewhere it says "the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not". Satan will blind the minds into ever deepening ...[text shortened]... he glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

It's that simple.
    So my rejection of Christianity does not make me a 'willing member of Satan's rebellion against God' in your view?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 02:07
    @philokalia said
    But we don't know that much about you, and it would be supreme folly to say "FMF was influenced by Satan."
    It will be interesting to see if sonship will chime in on this.

He must have claimed I was "influenced by Satan" a hundred times over the last decade.

If he takes a breather from trotting out Witness Lee cult propaganda, he might come here and clarify his specific assertions that I am influenced by "Satan".
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 02:15
    Your characterization of his beliefs in such harsh terms is provocative and unhelpful, and surely helps give birth to these dramatic exchanges.

Exchanges that you are fond of.

But on topic: in a sense, all people are influenced by Satan from an occasionalist perspective, up to and including Christians. Indeed, the Saints themselves receive temptations and devils attempt deceptions upon them. So, of course, to have some negative influence from the dark spirits at work (2 Thessalonians 2:7) is to be expected.

To say that you would be uniquely affected and to speculate on the nature of that is inappropriate.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 02:51
    @philokalia said
    Your characterization of his beliefs in such harsh terms is provocative and unhelpful, and surely helps give birth to these dramatic exchanges.
    If you think sonship's beliefs about non-believers being "willing members" of "Satan's" rebellion are "provocative and unhelpful", then you should take it up with him rather than try to use me as a proxy to air your disagreements with his theology.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 04:05
    @philokalia said
    Sure.
    As you have admitted to having sex outside of marriage, you therefore are influenced by Satan and satanic forces...correct?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 04:08
    @secondson said
    Satan uses force to influence, but God does not.
    What nonsense is this. What about most of the OT characters?
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 04:08
    @fmf said
    If you think sonship's beliefs about non-believers being "willing members" of "Satan's" rebellion are "provocative and unhelpful", then you should take it up with him rather than try to use me as a proxy to air your disagreements with his theology.
    I think you are banking on the context barrier here.

There are people who hate Trump and believe Trump supporters are willfully ignorant asses voting for a bigoted sexist, racist, and homophobe... Yet, it is unfair to imply that they universally regard every Trump supporter, at all times, in all circumstances, as a willfully ignorant ass.

Put the statement into its original context and I am sure we will see it.

You are being fundamentally dishonest and knocking people out of their original framework.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 04:09
    @divegeester said
    As you have admitted to having sex outside of marriage, you therefore are influenced by Satan and satanic forces...correct?
    Sure, at times I have been influenced by dark desires and temptations, I imagine.

What a bummer, right?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 04:10
    @philokalia said
    I think you are banking on the context barrier here.

There are people who hate Trump and believe Trump supporters are willfully ignorant asses voting for a bigoted sexist, racist, and homophobe... Yet, it is unfair to imply that they universally regard every Trump supporter, at all times, in all circumstances, as a willfully ignorant ass.

Put the statement in ...[text shortened]... e it.

You are being fundamentally dishonest and knocking people out of their original framework.
    sonship's talks about non-believers being "willing members" of "Satan's" rebellion all the time. Have some online 'courage' and take it up with him. It's not my stated belief, it's his.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 04:54
    @fmf said
    sonship's talks about non-believers being "willing members" of "Satan's" rebellion all the time. Have some online 'courage' and take it up with him. It's not my stated belief, it's his.
    Sonship usually gives long, thoughtful posts, and those are the usual contexts.

I am sure that when put into context it makes good sense.

Sonship is a sensible, valuable poster. ^^
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 05:182 edits
    @philokalia said
    Sure, at times I have been influenced by dark desires and temptations, I imagine.
    What a bummer, right?
    No, we are not talking about “dark desires” “temptations” or what you “imagine”. We are talking about the actual influence of Satan and satanic forces in people’s lives and the impact on their beliefs... currently your beliefs, your behaviour, your life.

You have admitted in this forum that you choose to have sexual relations with a women you are not married to. According to the bible this is fornication and I am proposing to you that according to your own statements in this thread, you are therefore choosing to allow yourself to be influenced by Satan and Satanic forces.

Surely this deserves more comment from you than a glib “what a bummer”, doesn’t it?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 05:19
    @philokalia said
    Sonship usually gives long, thoughtful posts, and those are the usual contexts.

I am sure that when put into context it makes good sense.

Sonship is a sensible, valuable poster. ^^
    Take up your difference of theological perspective with him directly. Stop using me as a proxy. I am an atheist. I don't believe that non-believers like me are "willing members" of "Satan's" rebellion. It is his belief, not mine. Take it up with him.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 05:22
    @philokalia said
    Sonship is a sensible, valuable poster.
    Would you place @sonship’s contributions above or at the same level as @Romans1009’s, whom you claimed was one of the best posters on this website?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 05:31
    @philokalia said
    If you "fornicate" as a Christian ~ i.e. have sex outside marriage, something you mentioned you do in at least two posts addressed to me ~ how is that different from a Christian having homosexual sex?

Do you think homosexual sex/"fornication" is behaviour influenced by "Satan"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree