"Because the Bible says so"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
the first two are pure nonsense and dont deserve a response.

for the third you will need to back it up with evidence, what evidence do you have that the prediction is accurate and that the results are not a coincidental? have you data showing how many other countries have been re-established in one day? is it rare or common? given were have no time ...[text shortened]... to believe, give me solid evidence and ill be honest enough to say if i think you have a point.
Interesting thing I think to think about is this how many of those empires of the past have come back into existence? The Medes/Persian or Babylonian ? Israel becoming a nation after about 2000 years of being scattered and basically not being a nation is a more than chance. It would be like if the Apache or Iroquois nations suddenly became nations again.

Manny

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by menace71
Israel becoming a nation after about 2000 years of being scattered and basically not being a nation is a more than chance.
Did the Bible predict that Israel would become a nation but that it would not be a Christian one?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
Did the Bible predict that Israel would become a nation but that it would not be a Christian one?
I don't think it says anything about it becoming a "Christian nation at all" but may of the end time prophecies take place in that land and Ezekiel 37-- to basically the end of the book speaks of the land of Israel in the latter days. The dry bones represented in Ezekiel are the nation of Israel and the vision is of their spiritual awaking so to speak at least that is how many theologians understand it to mean. Also the unfinished prophecies concerning a king ruling on the throne of David forever. It speaks of the boundaries of the land and where they will be in a future time.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Apr 13

Also Ezekiel is famous for the vision of a great army coming down out of the North Gog and Magog and many have speculated on who Gog and Magog are but all the bible stated is that they come out of the far North and Invade the land when it is finally at peace and that Army ends up getting a beat down so to speak.....

Manny

P

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm not going to get into this too deep but all here have heard this, maybe have said it or have tried to use it to discredit the Bible.
Some here say "show the scientific proof" of what it says on some issues or else "it just can't be true after all it was just a bunch of men that wrote all this down and we can't dig it up to actually touch it".
An ...[text shortened]... in our world or universe that we can't actually see or touch from the past or now?
Why is the Bible a more valid "word of God: than the Koran or the Book of Mormon or any other religious text held to be holy by its followers?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

I don't think it says anything about it becoming a "Christian nation at all" but may of the end time prophecies take place in that land and Ezekiel 37-- to basically the end of the book speaks of the land of Israel in the latter days. The dry bones represented in Ezekiel are the nation of Israel and the vision is of their spiritual awaking so to speak at l ...[text shortened]... r. It speaks of the boundaries of the land and where they will be in a future time.

Manny
Failing to predict that the Nation of Israel would not be Christian seems like a major omission to me, don't you agree?

P

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Here is a sample of the "New Testament Documents " by F.F.Bruce...very compelling stuff....

The evidence for our New Testament writings is ever so much greater than the evidence for many writings of classical authors, the authenticity of which noone dreams of questioning. And if the New Testament were a collection of secular writings, their authentici ...[text shortened]... st seven chapters.'

http://www.bible.ca/b-new-testament-documents-f-f-bruce-ch2.htm
There are no writings that date to the time Christ was alive based on carbon testing. However the Dead Sea Scrolls do date to the time of the Old Testament and do give a historical account of King David and, I believe, Solomon as well.

That said, oral histories were very important in early times. I do not doubt the existance of Jesus the man. However, claiming that because there is some document stating he rose from a grave.... Well that is just fiction.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Apr 13

No not at all they are Jews and most will not be Christian until the very end when they see the Messiah

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
Failing to predict that the Nation of Israel would not be Christian seems like a major omission to me, don't you agree?
Jesus does. That is one of the conditions that must happen just before He returns to set up His millennial kingdom in Jerusalem.

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

(Luke 13:34-35 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Phranny
There are no writings that date to the time Christ was alive based on carbon testing. However the Dead Sea Scrolls do date to the time of the Old Testament and do give a historical account of King David and, I believe, Solomon as well.

That said, oral histories were very important in early times. I do not doubt the existance of Jesus the man. However ...[text shortened]... that because there is some document stating he rose from a grave.... Well that is just fiction.
Carbon 14 dating has been shown to not be all that reliable so I wouldn't put much faith in that. However, I believe there are the empty tomb in Jerusalem, the burial cloth with blood stains and a miraculous image of Jesus, and also the head or face cloth available as proof of the death and resurrection. The burial cloth is known as the Shroud of Turin and the face cloth is known as the Sudarium Christi or the Sudarium of Oviedo.

Sudarium of Oviedo

Shroud of Turin

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by Phranny

That said, oral histories were very important in early times. I do not doubt the existance of Jesus the man. However ...[text shortened]... that because there is some document stating he rose from a grave.... Well that is just fiction.
Josephus mentions Jesus and he was writing at the time. He doesn't mention resurrections, miracles, wonders or any other manifestations of super duper fairy power though.

I prefer Brian. "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Carbon 14 dating has been shown to not be all that reliable so I wouldn't put much faith in that. However, I believe there are the empty tomb in Jerusalem, the burial cloth with blood stains and a miraculous image of Jesus, and also the head or face cloth available as proof of the death and resurrection. The burial cloth is known as the Shroud of Turin and ...[text shortened]... urin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_A7bvKXMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za5yjZbxjBI
Does this face cloth have his name tag on it? If not, how do you know it once belonged to a supposed god?

The grave has a headstone perchance? No? Anything else that might suggest it once housed a dead god?

Anything to suggest the burial cloth was ever in contact with a dead god rather than just a dead human?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
But that's not the purpose of the prophecy. It is assumed that Israel would be a nation of Jews always. Failing to predict that Israel would not be a nation of Christians is like predicting the moon is not made of cheese. Who cares about such a prediction? Isn't it obvious?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Failing to predict that Israel would not be a nation of Christians is like predicting the moon is not made of cheese.
I don't think you're right. I think an analogy about predicting the moon is not made of cheese is way off.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Apr 13

No not at all they are Jews and most will not be Christian until the very end when they see the Messiah

Manny
Many, many Jews will convert to Christianity during the Great Tribulation which comes before the second coming of Christ. Otherwise the AntiChrist just might succeed in his desire to eliminate all Christians from the earth.

But true, I can accept that it will take Christ returning as a warrior-messiah to convince "most" Jews. This will be the Messiah they have been waiting for.