Be Like Christ  v Talk Like Paul

Be Like Christ v Talk Like Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Feb 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
What they claimed they did wasn’t denied and you cannot say those were not good works because Jesus also did those types of works.
Here you are back with that nonsense. The people said they did wonderful works which is miracles and casting out devils. Jesus said they were WORKERS OF INIQUITY . You are here trying to say they did good works. The word 'good' never appeared in that passage and yet you want to insert the word 'good'.

Wonderful works is not good works. Works done with the power of God is not good works. YOU have done nothing. It is the power of God that works. Something you do is called good works and Jesus explained what these were several times. But it is because of your hatred for good works you do not care to understand what these are.

Here it is ... Jesus welcome those who do good works into the Kingdom of God
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Matthew 25:34-36 KJV)

Some examples of good works
Feed the hungry
Give a drink to the thirsty
Be good to strangers
Clothe the naked
Visit the sick and those in prison

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Feb 22
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Here you are back with that nonsense. The people said they did wonderful works which is miracles and casting out devils. Jesus said they were WORKERS OF INIQUITY . You are here trying to say they did good works. The word 'good' never appeared in that passage and yet you want to insert the word 'good'.

Wonderful works is not good works. Works done with the p ...[text shortened]... ink to the thirsty
Be good to strangers
Clothe the naked
Visit the sick and those in prison [/b]
Casting out demons is a good work, you are suggesting otherwise? Not denying the other things you bring up, they are good but it isn’t our works that causes us to be saved that is all God. Our obedience follows it is because we are saved God gives us His Spirit to do His works we are not doing the good works to get His Spirit.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Casting out demons is a good work, you are suggesting otherwise? Not denying the other things you bring up, they are good but it isn’t our works that causes us to be saved that is all God. Our obedience follows it is because we are saved God gives us His Spirit to do His works we are not doing the good works to get His Spirit.
I go with what Jesus said. You can make your own interpretation :

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: (Matthew 7:23-24 KJV)

Jesus said they work iniquity, and whoever hears his teachings Matt 5, and 6 and DOETH THEM is a wise man

Matt 5, 6 and 7 has nothing about doing miracles and casting out devils as good works. These activities are the kind your church carry out regularly if I remember correctly. Your church is the casting out and healing type. I guess they believe those are good works.

Matt 25 also has the depart from me statement and it is also about those who failed to do the good works. Maybe they were too busy doing miracles and casting out devils.

I hear Christ. You hear someone else.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
I go with what Jesus said. You can make your own interpretation :

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: (Matthew 7:23-24 KJV)

[b] Jesus said they work iniquity, and whoever ...[text shortened]... e they were too busy doing miracles and casting out devils.

I hear Christ. You hear someone else.
Yep, depart from me I never knew you even with their works. If you are relying on getting into God’s grace by your efforts you will fail. If you put your faith in Jesus Christ and serve Him you will be doing good works. Grace isn’t earned it is a gift not a payment for a job well done.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Yep, depart from me I never knew you even with their works. If you are relying on getting into God’s grace by your efforts you will fail. If you put your faith in Jesus Christ and serve Him you will be doing good works. Grace isn’t earned it is a gift not a payment for a job well done.
Depart from me since they were workers of iniquity. Then Jesus said there are two kinds of people in this world
- the wise - they keep the commandments
- the foolish - they dont, they just talk

Somehow I dont get the impression you are in the wise category. You seem to be the talking type, rambling on and on about some rubbish church doctrine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Depart from me since they were workers of iniquity. Then Jesus said there are two kinds of people in this world
- the wise - they keep the commandments
- the foolish - they dont, they just talk

Somehow I dont get the impression you are in the wise category. You seem to be the talking type, rambling on and on about some rubbish church doctrine.
No one is abdicating just talking about it, except you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
No one is abdicating just talking about it, except you.
In the last decade that I have known you, not once have you told people what Jesus said, ... whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man..

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Feb 22
1 edit

@rajk999 said
In the last decade that I have known you, not once have you told people what Jesus said, ... whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man..
Yes, and Jesus said to put our faith in Him. That is a work of God.

John 6:29
Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

Romans 4:5
And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Galatians 2:16
yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Yes, and Jesus said to put our faith in Him. That is a work of God.

John 6:29
Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

Romans 4:5
And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Galatians 2:16
yet we know that a person is not justified by works ...[text shortened]... y faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.
Practice saying this:. Its called the language of the goats. You might need it

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
(Matthew 25:44 KJV)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Yes, doing the will of God is the goal; doing the will of God with God is what matters. Getting right with God is done through the grace of God, not the will of man; getting right with God is due totally through God's grace through faith to do the works of God with God who is our hope of Glory. We are to be in Christ Jesus; we come to Christ by the invitation of God, for He must call us to Himself.

Lying about what I have been saying doesn't help you; it only shows what you don't understand. You preach a works salvation, one rejecting the grace through faith.

John 6:44
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Practice saying this:. Its called the language of the goats. You might need it

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
(Matthew 25:44 KJV)
Never denied we will be carrying for others, you are the only one here who assumes what someone else is doing with their lives as far as I can tell. I don't assume what you do with your time as you do me.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Feb 22

@kellyjay said

Lying about what I have been saying doesn't help you; it only shows what you don't understand. You preach a works salvation, one rejecting the grace through faith.
I am not lying. I said in the last 10 yrs or so you have not once mentioned the importance of keeping the commandments or what these commandment were. You do not speak like Christ or sound like Christ at all.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Never denied we will be carrying for others, you are the only one here who assumes what someone else is doing with their lives as far as I can tell. I don't assume what you do with your time as you do me.
I am repeating what Jesus said about good works and keeping the commandments. Was Jesus also .. assuming what someone else is doing with their lives ?

You are not a preacher of righteousness like Jesus. You are a preacher of mouth worship. Not a word about righteousness and good works comes out of your mouth.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
I am not lying. I said in the last 10 yrs or so you have not once mentioned the importance of keeping the commandments or what these commandment were. You do not speak like Christ or sound like Christ at all.
The top two commandments are to love God and each other, and do you preach that? If you love others, you will be taking care of their needs.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
The top two commandments are to love God and each other, and do you preach that? If you love others, you will be taking care of their needs.
Of course I do. You are the one that do not preach to love your neighbour. I have quoted the Good Samaritan story dozens of times. You have not done that once. The Good Samaritan story shows what it is to love both God and neighbour.