Be Like Christ  v Talk Like Paul

Be Like Christ v Talk Like Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Feb 22

@josephw said
No, I did not willfully omit those verses.

Let's be clear about what the word "destroy" means in that context.

Transliteration: phtheirō
Pronunciation: fthi'-ro
Part of Speech: verb
Root Word (Etymology): Probably strengthened from phthio (to pine or waste)

Outline of Biblical Usage:

to corrupt, to destroy

in the opinion of the Jews, the temple was corrupted ...[text shortened]... te" or be "depraved" in their Christian experience.

I don't think it means the loss of salvation.
Well did not Paul repeatedly say that there is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God for certain Christians who lived sinfully? Surely that matches 'destroy', or 'cast out'. Paul was not mistaken. If it were the case that there is no loss of Eternal LIFE. {note I did not use the word salvation], them Paul would not need to tell them that a life of sin will cause them to be cast out.

The greatest virtue is in charity, and this is stated by Christ and all the Apostles. Charity is greater than faith. Faith and the Holy Spirit is supposed to lead on to charity. But this is not always the case, and there are many references that support this.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Well did not Paul repeatedly say that there is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God for certain Christians who lived sinfully? Surely that matches 'destroy', or 'cast out'. Paul was not mistaken. If it were the case that there is no loss of Eternal LIFE. {note I did not use the word salvation], them Paul would not need to tell them that a life of sin will cause them to be c ...[text shortened]... ead on to charity. But this is not always the case, and there are many references that support this.
Charity is greater than faith only when one sees Jesus Christ because, then, faith is no longer necessary.

“But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.”

(1 Corinthians 13:10-13)

And look at the Holy Bible’s definition of faith:

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

(Hebrews 11:1)

Once “that which is perfect is come” hope and Jesus not being seen are no longer relevant.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Charity is greater than faith only when one sees Jesus Christ because, then, faith is no longer necessary.

“But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, dar ...[text shortened]... 11:1)

Once “that which is perfect is come” hope and Jesus not being seen are no longer relevant.
And look at this verse:

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

(Hebrews 11:6)

Your failure to promote faith - and, in fact, your mockery of it - should cause you concern because without faith it’s “impossible” to please God.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Well did not Paul repeatedly say that there is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God for certain Christians who lived sinfully?
I would need to see the verse or verses as references to support the idea that "certain Christians" do not inherit the kingdom of God for living sinful lives.

I have a hard time believing "Christians" don't inherit.

Are you sure Paul isn't talking about unbelievers not inheriting?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
The greatest virtue is in charity, and this is stated by Christ and all the Apostles. Charity is greater than faith. Faith and the Holy Spirit is supposed to lead on to charity. But this is not always the case, and there are many references that support this.
Of course.

Faith, hope and love. And love is the greatest.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
Of course.

Faith, hope and love. And love is the greatest.
Correct, but it is more serious that that.
Faith without charity is nothing
Spiritual gifts without charity is nothing
Generosity without charity is nothing
Everything will fail or will be done away except charity.
Charity never fails

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@Rajk999

Paul was a PIONEER to be like Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22
3 edits

@josephw

We all will arrive. We may not all arrive at the same time.

"Until we all arrive . . ."

Did you hear that ??

"Until we all arrive at the oneness of the faith

and of the full knowledge of the Son of God,

at a full-grown man,

at the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ." (Eph. 4:13)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Correct, but it is more serious that that.
Faith without charity is nothing
Spiritual gifts without charity is nothing
Generosity without charity is nothing
Everything will fail or will be done away except charity.
Charity never fails
Yes, of course. Learned that 40 years ago.

Love is a deed. Love is the reason Jesus gave his life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22
1 edit

May I share with you a song I recently wrote on that love passage?

"Love Suffers Long"

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/love-suffers-long-1-cor-134-8

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@sonship said
@josephw

Did you hear that ??
Hundreds, maybe thousands of times. Still growing.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@sonship said

"Love Suffers Long"

Nice sonship. My wife and I enjoyed it.

Here's one that brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Chock full of doctrine. Maybe the best Christian song I've ever heard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hwc2d1Xt8gM

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@sonship said
@josephw

We all will arrive. We may not all arrive at the same time.

"Until we all arrive . . ."

Did you hear that ??

"Until we all arrive at the oneness of the faith

and of the full knowledge of the Son of God,

at a full-grown man,

at the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ." (Eph. 4:13)
Well read the whole thing. Paul continued and shortly after that he said if you live in sin there is no inheritance. Your continued attempt to twist that means you are not understanding

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. (Ephesians 5:1-5 KJV)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
Yes, of course. Learned that 40 years ago.

Love is a deed. Love is the reason Jesus gave his life.
Yes, and that is why Jesus expects love in return. Not for him but for all of mankind aka neighbours.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@sonship said

"Love Suffers Long"

Songs about love without charity is nothing