battle lines

battle lines

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Mar 17

Deuteronomy 17:2-17:7

Thank the stars I don't live in Israel! Seriously, the bible is not sweet and tolerant. As if a real god can't handle things unless we hate others.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Mar 17

What went on back then, in the name of God. I feel shame and disgust.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Mar 17

Originally posted by apathist

Thank the stars I don't live in Israel! Seriously, the bible is not sweet and tolerant. As if a real god can't handle things unless we hate others.
Who told you the Bible was sweet and tolerant?
Also, God doesn't play around with false gods, this displeases you why?
Do you serve God or are you just bad mouthing Him because you want too?

2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:
5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Mar 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Who told you the Bible was sweet and tolerant?
Also, God doesn't play around with false gods, this displeases you why?
Do you serve God or are you just bad mouthing Him because you want too?

2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in t ...[text shortened]... s worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
Just excuses for human misery

F

Moves
31 Mar 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Religious doctrines and stern gods have gone hand in hand with the management of essentially totalitarian social orders all the way down through history all across the globe. Ancient Hebrew mythology, with its angry, jealous, and vengeful god, apparently appeals to KellyJay's imagination and personality. He finds purpose in dishing out his Christian trash talk on behalf of his god figure.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Religious doctrines and stern gods have gone hand in hand with the management of essentially totalitarian social orders all the way down through history all across the globe. Ancient Hebrew mythology, with its angry, jealous, and vengeful god, apparently appeals to KellyJay's imagination and personality. He finds purpose in dishing out his Christian trash talk on behalf of his god figure.
I think that most Christians, myself included, come to an understanding of their God through the writings about and teachings of Jesus Christ. They then spend the rest of their Christian lives attempting to rationalise the love of God as illustrated through the life, death, resurrection and glorification of Jesus, with the judgement and wrath of God as demonstrated in parts of the OT and certain chapters of books such as The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

I think the one of the reasons I am disliked by the Christians in here is that I've stop trying rationalise topics such as the eternal, everlasting torture with Jn 3;16. In my opinion it cannot be done so instead I challenge it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Mar 17

We bring much of our own misery upon our own lives.

w

Moves
31 Mar 17

God does not need an excuse nor does he require your approval

w

Moves
31 Mar 17
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
I think that most Christians, myself included, come to an understanding of their God through the writings about and teachings of Jesus Christ. They then spend the rest of their Christian lives attempting to rationalise the love of God as illustrated through the life, death, resurrection and glorification of Jesus, with the judgement and wrath of God as d ...[text shortened]... al, everlasting torture with Jn 3;16. In my opinion it cannot be done so instead I challenge it.
When I read Genesis right before Sodom was destroyed, it becomes evident just how wicked people become before God destroys them.

God could not even find one good person, and any wondering soul that entered their city was gang raped, or worse.

I think there comes a point of no return.

Then you had the Canaanites who sacrificed their children to idols.

Nice.

I don't see too many posts complaining about the Nazi regime being leveled to ashes.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Mar 17

"Battle lines being drawn,
Nobody's right when everybody's wrong"

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
I don't see too many posts complaining about the Nazi regime being leveled to ashes.
I recognise that you are one of those who is comfortable with them eternal suffering teaching; I am not.

w

Moves
31 Mar 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
"Battle lines being drawn,
Nobody's right when everybody's wrong"
Right, like either of us started all the fighting on this silly little rock floating around in space.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
31 Mar 17

God does not need an excuse nor does he require your approval
We can and do judge the gods. You do it too, here and now.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
We bring much of our own misery upon our own lives.
Yeah.
Misery is down to us.
Happiness is thanks to god.

That is how the rich and powerful justified their
position in a myriad of religions over millennia.

You are doing it right now.

That child in Syria who has just had their body torn apart by a bombing.
Genetic diseases.
Mosquitoes.
Paper cuts.

All in god's plan?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Apr 17

When I read Genesis right before Sodom was destroyed ... ,
Wow.
What timing!