Back to Spirituality

Back to Spirituality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Nov 20

@divegeester said
No it isn’t.

But that doesn’t matter here, my point is, as I said in my previous post, that for whatever reason, you like to pick and choose the scriptures you like and you shouldn’t berate others for doing the same.
Yes I can berate people for ignoring the teachings of Christ and placing the teachings of others over Christ. All of scripture does not stand on equal footing.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
All of scripture does not stand on equal footing.
You are profoundly ignorant.

2 Timothy 3:16,17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Nov 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Did Jesus ever use such devices as parables or analogies?
"Eternal life" is eternal life. Don't fog it up with wording that diminishes its reality.

One either believes in eternal life or they don't.

That same applies to "everlasting punishment".

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Nov 20

@secondson said
You are profoundly ignorant.

2 Timothy 3:16,17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
All scripture is given by God but is does not stand on equal footing. Jesus said so in case you dont know.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Matt 5, is full of contrasts between the Law of Moses and the teachings of Christ. Will give you a sample

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:37-39 KJV)

The Key is ... BUT I SAY UNTO YOU.

The rest of your post is unadulterated garbage.
So then, apparently, according to your interpretation, using your example, murderers should be set free and allowed to murder again because we should turn the other cheek.

You not only don't understand what Jesus said, but you don't understand why He said it, much less what He meant.

Turn the other cheek and shut your mouth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Yes I can berate people for ignoring the teachings of Christ and placing the teachings of others over Christ.
You are berating people for ignoring their less favoured scriptures, which is what you admit to doing.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
All of scripture does not stand on equal footing.
Ah yes, all scripture is equal, but some scripture is more equal than others.

Now where have we read this ideology before 🤔

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
All scripture is given by God but is does not stand on equal footing. Jesus said so in case you dont know.
Not one jot or tittle will pass away.

Your use of the term "equal footing" has no basis in the overall application of God's Word. It's just your excuse for cherry picking to support the projections of your own bent.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Nov 20

@divegeester said
I already have done and in those threads you chose either to not contribute or you just ranted and then left in a huff.

If you want to debate me over literalism vs metaphor in the bible again then please start a thread on it and I’ll be happy to take you on again.

“Metaphors” remember those threads???
Yes, I remember what you said and the threads you said it in.

I don't run off in a huff. That's just a defensive posture you assume when you lose an argument.

For example: this may be my last post until next week when I find more discretionary time to devote to these discussions. Doesn't mean I ran away.

If I find the time and enthusiasm enough to take you on with regards to the reality behind the use of metaphorical terms found in the Bible, specifically related to hell, and the reality of it, I'll start a new thread on the subject.

You're wrong though, but I don't care. You have the right to be wrong.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Nov 20

@secondson said
Not one jot or tittle will pass away.

Your use of the term "equal footing" has no basis in the overall application of God's Word. It's just your excuse for cherry picking to support the projections of your own bent.
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. (John 6:68 KJV)

Jesus has the words of eternal life. Not Moses, or David, or Solomon or Paul. Its Jesus, and he said that he is the way, the truth and the life - the way to the Kingdom of God, the true doctrine and true gospel, and Jesus is eternal life
Nobody else.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Jesus is eternal life
Nobody else.
Never said He wasn't.

You see, therein lies your problem. You're generating arguments we're none exists, and lose, cognitively, connection with the course of discussion, and palaver aimlessly between opposing concepts and ideas thinking you have made a point.

Cognitive dissonance. You say it's all about the teachings of Jesus, but your words betray you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Nov 20

@secondson said
Never said He wasn't.

You see, therein lies your problem. You're generating arguments we're none exists, and lose, cognitively, connection with the course of discussion, and palaver aimlessly between opposing concepts and ideas thinking you have made a point.

Cognitive dissonance. You say it's all about the teachings of Jesus, but your words betray you.
The words of Jesus, no other words, is what is eternal life. ... the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. (John 6:63 KJV). No other part of the bible is important for eternal life.

Get that in your thick skull.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Nov 20
2 edits

@rajk999 said
The words of Jesus, no other words, is what is eternal life. ... the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. (John 6:63 KJV). No other part of the bible is important for eternal life.

Get that in your thick skull.
Cognitive dissonance. In your thick skull.

To Timothy, who didn't have a copy of the New Testament, did Paul say this: "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Did you omit the first half of the above reference because it says "the flesh profiteth nothing", and because that goes against your theological view of salvation through the flesh by keeping commandments you can't keep in the flesh?

Is that your proof text for your assertion that "the words of Jesus, no other words, is what is eternal life"?

In the gospels Jesus quoted extensively from the Old Testament. Are you going to ignore those words of Jesus? Or did you just forget those words?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Nov 20

@secondson said
Cognitive dissonance. In your thick skull.

To Timothy, who didn't have a copy of the New Testament, did Paul say this: "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, ...[text shortened]... the Old Testament. Are you going to ignore those words of Jesus? Or did you just forget those words?
Utter nonsense. Jesus quoting from the OT does not mean that the OT writings stand on equal footing.. How to get eternal life and who gets eternal life is only contained in the teachings of Christ. No other writer deals so concisely and completely as Jesus Christ. Actually Jesus calls people like you fools

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. (Matthew 7:26-27 KJV)

The wise man hears Christ and obeys Christ.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Utter nonsense. How to get eternal life and who gets eternal life is only contained in the teachings of Christ. No other writer deals so concisely and completely as Jesus Christ.
Cognitive dissonance.