Atheists do better at IQ tests

Atheists do better at IQ tests

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Now, explain YOUR "interpretation".
There is no interpretation, there is only an account. I believe the account is true. You believe the account to be a lie.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @eladar
If your interpretation means what is actually written in the Bible is incorrect then your interpretation denies what the Bible says.
Answer the question.

E

Moves
25 May 18

Answer the question.
I did.

You believe lies which is why you believe butchering unborn children is good before the Lord and homosexual marriage is good before the Lord.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 May 18

I did.
You did not.

Do you, in fact, believe that the earth was created in six 24-hour days?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 May 18

You did not.

Do you, in fact, believe that the earth was created in six 24-hour days?
This would have fitted well into my Biblical literal-isms thread.

By the way, I don't believe in the 6 days literal days. However I do believe that God could have created it in 6 seconds had he chose to.

I also don't believe the Tree of Life is a literal tree with roots and leaves. Nor will I contort myself to accepting there are multiple Trees of Life (as some have said in here) just to accommodate the visions in the first book of the bible with the visions in the last book of the bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
This would have fitted well into my Biblical literal-isms thread.

By the way, I don't believe in the 6 days literal days. However I do believe that God could have created it in 6 seconds had he chose to.

I also don't believe the Tree of Life is a literal tree with roots and leaves. Nor will I contort myself to accepting there are multiple Trees o ...[text shortened]... odate the visions in the first book of the bible with the visions in the last book of the bible.
Revelation pretty directly says there are multiple trees of life. I don’t think much contortion is needed to accept that.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 May 18

More literalism.

The Bible was written for ancient man, and for modern man. It was clearly expected that man would learn a few things along the way. Well, I guess maybe not.
The universe is approximately 13.8 billion years and 4 days old. (Give or take 4 days). Religion does indeed need to absorb this to be relevant.

E

Moves
26 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
The universe is approximately 13.8 billion years and 4 days old. (Give or take 4 days). Religion does indeed need to absorb this to be relevant.
How old would Adam have appeared minutes after he was created? This assumes of course the creation account is true.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 May 18

How old would Adam have appeared minutes after he was created? This assumes of course the creation account is true.
Sorry, I'm not willing to make that assumption.

E

Moves
26 May 18

Sorry, I'm not willing to make that assumption.
Circular reasoning at its best. Atheists are definitely smart people. The inability to view things from different perspectives is definitely a sign of intelligence.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 May 18

Circular reasoning at its best. Atheists are definitely smart people. The inability to view things from different perspectives is definitely a sign of intelligence.
Your assumption requires me to suspend all sense of reason. Where's the intelligence in that?

E

Moves
26 May 18

Your assumption requires me to suspend all sense of reason. Where's the intelligence in that?
You are obviously too smart to be able to see things from other perspectives. You are so smart that you believe your assumptions about reality are absolutely true without need of proof.

After all if a smart person like you believes it then it must be true.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 May 18

You are obviously too smart to be able to see things from other perspectives. You are so smart that you believe your assumptions about reality are absolutely true without need of proof.

After all if a smart person like you believes it then it must be true.
Thank you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 May 18

Thank you.
Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived, said atheists are fools. What say you, Heartpence?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 May 18

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.

Albert Einstein