Atheist.

Atheist.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
01 Oct 07

Why are atheists more interested in God and his Word than most people that believe in Him?

w

Moves
01 Oct 07

Originally posted by epic0002
Why are atheists more interested in God and his Word than most people that believe in Him?
My guess is that it is because people of faith like myself are by in large uneducated and/or delusionary. Therefore, those with superior intellegence and/or a better grasp on reality will be atheists and will naturally have a superior grasp of Biblcial knowledge.

Edit: Did I mention that atheists are often better looking as well? πŸ˜›

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
01 Oct 07

Though whodey doesn't like to admit it, this is true, at least in America anyway.

Of course, True Christians are always interested in God and his Word and never fail to follow either one.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
01 Oct 07

Originally posted by telerion
Though whodey doesn't like to admit it, this is true, at least in America anyway.

Of course, True Christians are always interested in God and his Word and never fail to follow either one.
It seems that atheists are always interested in God and His Word... yet they dont existπŸ˜•

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 Oct 07

The Bible is one of the best arguments for atheism out there.

I suspect a lot of atheists, like me, were former Christians who got tired of trying to force all the philosophical hangups and contradictions of scripture into something resembling a coherent belief system.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Oct 07

I'm very interested in Christianity and Islam for political and discussion reasons. I find the zealots of these two religions usually in opposition to me in terms of what they want politically.

Now that I think of it, the Jews too to some extent, but they're not as bad.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Oct 07

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Oct 07

"Know thine Enemy"

Cape Town

Moves
01 Oct 07

When you meet someone that you know to be deluded, the most polite approach is to find out more about what they believe then discuss it with them with the hope of helping them see that they are deluded. Although it is often very tempting to simply be rude, or dismiss their beliefs offhand, that can be rather difficult when they are your family or friends or people in authority or people with influence. My main reason for trying to help Christians and other religious people see through their delusions, is that I see the seriously detrimental effects that religion has on our society. If Christianity died out, I would not give the Bible a second thought, except possibly when reading up on my family history as religion was an important factor for them.

S

Moves
01 Oct 07

We find it interesting that people can still believe in magic in this day and age.

And the good looking thing's right too.

TD8

Moves
01 Oct 07

Last two posts were bang on. Religion is dangerous. The fact that it gets privilledged in the law is almost as ridiculous as the thought of taking it literally.

The people who really feel the obligation to address the power of religion in public policy are naturally the people who take the bible to be as accurate as a fairy tale.

The people who believe in the bible, judgement day and redemption etc. are on the other side of the spectrum in terms of religion in public policy, but its expected that they would talk about God and know the bible whereas atheists don't have any obligation per se.

w

Moves
01 Oct 07

Originally posted by Starrman
[And the good looking thing's right too.[/b]
As I suspected. No humility whatsoever. Shameful. 😳

S

Moves
01 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
As I suspected. No humility whatsoever. Shameful. 😳
Humility is a useless, self-demeaning trait.

s

Moves
01 Oct 07
1 edit

One must know all sides before making a reasonable choice.
Or do you think atheists don't believe god just by faith?

Most people who say they believe God are just afraid, or because they were educated like this since very little, and most lack an independent view point from all perspectives.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Oct 07

Originally posted by serigado
One must know all sides before making a reasonable choice.
Or do you think atheists don't believe god just by faith?
Some of us atheists became atheist a long time ago and since then have had no need to know anything about the Bible for purely personal faith reasons. I do not study the Qu'ran nor many other religious books just to see if I am wrong about my atheism. Do you?