1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 21:451 edit
    @divegeester said
    I certainly don’t see “art as the gestalt of all knowledge and understanding” but then I’m not easily impressed by any of it, from any era, or any genre. I see science as the primary source of knowledge and Christ as the source of all understanding.

I’m not even clear what you mean by art being the gestalt of all knowledge and understanding. To me it reads like something pretentious which you’ve picked up from somewhere.
    Sounds like you've never actually experienced having a creative art.

People counter this with some kind of all-encompassing "I know what I like, and that ain't it."

Calling someone else's feeling of what art means to them "pretentious" just because YOU don't feel it, and presumably never will, is quite arrogant, as well as ignorant.

Mozart, a true genius, was just as well-rooted in the fabric of the universe as Einstein, just in a different way. Same goes for Rembrandt, Da Vinci or Michelangelo. Or Shakespeare.

Edit: Take some Humanities courses. If they don't put you to sleep, you might learn something, something out of your well-worn rut.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 21:49
    @kingdavid403 said
    Thanks. My addictions were never like the art here. However, they were close enough and I understand the message and art. As I said before, I find it brash, self-centered, and self-seeking. The art is only made for a minority while snubbing noses at most other Christians. However, it is a decent piece of art for that minority.
    I do wish individual Christians would stop acting like they have a corner on understanding, or even morality.

You know, the ones who snub other Christians for not being "our type of Christian".
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 21:49
    @secondson said
    Simple illustrations of destructive forces. The look of anguish on Jesus' face tells of His ability to identify with those that put themselves through it, and how it hurts Him.
    Amen and well said. 🙂
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 21:541 edit
    @suzianne said
    I do wish individual Christians would stop acting like they have a corner on understanding, or even morality.

You know, the ones who snub other Christians for not being "our type of Christian".
    Oh, I know it all too well and agree with you. I fairly recently finished University after five years of that sht. Professors and all. I had two major written warnings and a third was expulsion. I graduated on the Presidents list with a 4.0 so they couldn't do crap. lol... God is sooooo Good! 🙂
    I know sometimes I may come off as if I have a corner; however, I am going to share the knowledge that I have learned to help me and others grow. I have no corner on understanding or morality. Nor do any of the great theologians that I have studied. I think many of them were wacked. Iron sharpens iron and this forum is a great place for Christians and others to grow and share.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 09:48
    @suzianne said
    Calling someone else's feeling of what art means to them "pretentious" just because YOU don't feel it, and presumably never will, is quite arrogant, as well as ignorant.
    I haven’t said that what a person feels of a piece of art is pretentious, you’re making this up or not reading what I actually wrote. Read it again.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 09:49
    @secondson said
    Abstract concepts depicted by the artist in his art work. Obviously you fail to recognize them. Don't ask me to explain because it would take years.
    Interesting cop out.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 09:511 edit
    @secondson said
    An emotionally shallow, psychologically weak, intellectually boring, negative, pessimistic and argumentative statement.
    So my “feelings and emotions” about the art are no valid because what, they don’t align with yours?

Now where have we seen this behaviour in you before...
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 09:52
    @secondson said
    Art isn't just everyone's cup of tea.
    This art isn’t mine, it may be yours but I don’t believe you when you claim that you will buying some of it. Frankly I think you’re lying.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 09:55
    @suzianne saidMozart, a true genius, was just as well-rooted in the fabric of the universe as Einstein, just in a different way. Same goes for Rembrandt, Da Vinci or Michelangelo. Or Shakespeare.
    I don’t see what Einstein and Mozart have in common with Art 4 God, not in the slightest.

I’ve seen “art” at car-boot sales depicting a wolf coming out of the moon with a native Indian peering out the sky which carries as much interest as this Art 4 God does.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 09:57
    @suzianne said
    I do wish individual Christians would stop acting like they have a corner on understanding, or even morality.You know, the ones who snub other Christians for not being "our type of Christian".
    Like SecondSon, Galveston75, Sonship, KellyJay, Grampy Bobby etc?
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 13:57
    @divegeester said
    This art isn’t mine, it may be yours but I don’t believe you when you claim that you will buying some of it. Frankly I think you’re lying.
    "Frankly I think you’re lying."
    Now that's hilarious. LOL...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 14:041 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    "Frankly I think you’re lying."
    Now that's hilarious. LOL...
    What’s hilarious?

I think SecondSon (originally here as @josephw) is one of the most casually dishonest posters in this forum and I also think that he wouldn’t think twice about claiming he was about to purchase “one or two” of the pieces of Art 4 God in order to support his point.

This is what I truthfully think about him and his posting.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 16:46
    @divegeester said
    Interesting cop out.
    You started this thread, and now you want to excoriate the replies.

Perhaps, with that critical spirit, you are unable to appreciate the art of ART4GOD for what it is, simple, direct and unapologetic in the expressions of the concepts they depict.

Fine. You don't have to like it. Unimportant to me.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 16:50
    @divegeester said
    So my “feelings and emotions” about the art are no valid because what, they don’t align with yours?
    Not at all.

It's what you said that I said was "emotionally shallow, psychologically weak, intellectually boring, negative, pessimistic and argumentative..."

Getting things twisted around again I see.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 16:53
    @divegeester said
    Like SecondSon, Galveston75, Sonship, KellyJay, Grampy Bobby etc?
    The names of your forum enemies? As opposed to your forum buddies, with whom you have such chummy chats?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree