1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 01:38
    @secondson said
    I said, "You, and the obvious fact that you started this thread with a predisposed bias against the art you found on the internet to which you set the stage for to spew out your vitriol against Christians and Christianity."

It's obviously disingenuous to start a thread about a topic to which one knows he will use to vilify others, just as divegeester did.
    But it is not "obviously disingenuous" at all. He could hardly have been more candid and obvious about what he believed. It's right there, clear as day, at the outset. No disingenuousness at all. It's not clear you know what the word "disingenuous" means.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 01:41
    @secondson said
    I suppose I have. But was I being disingenuous?
    No. I don't think you understand what the word means. Everyone here posts frequently with "a predisposed bias" about issues and questions, including you. It does not make them "disingenuous".
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 01:43
    @secondson said
    It's one thing to voice ones opinion with regards to the value and merit of the object of discussion, and quite another to denigrate and insult your opponent simply because they hold another point of view.

And if it's not obvious to you that that is exactly what happened in this thread, then you're obviously being disingenuous too.
    But you yourself seek to denigrate and insult your "opponents" here all the time. Are you saying you are against people doing it?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 01:501 edit
    @secondson said
    And if you think when divegeester said "the lower-brained sheeple who populate mainstream American Christianity", and that it wasn't directed at the Christians posting in this forum as an insult, then you're being disingenuous too.
    If people believe it is aimed at them, they can either defend themselves or ignore it. I don't see that getting all ruffled and indignant ~ and more to the point, hypocritical about it ~ serves you well. I have heard similar generalizations from you and, more to the point, I have heard much bigger highly-personalized insults from you. If you are against vilification, insults and vitriol on this forum, just come out and state it, so that people can see if it is something you apply to your own posting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree