Are people basically good?

Are people basically good?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Dodge. Your parishioners must be so gullible.
You mean he is a pastor?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Aug 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
You mean he is a pastor?
Who knows.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Ah I see, Jesus’ command (to sell everything give the proceeds to the poor and go follow him) was a specific command to only that one guy, that one guy in the entire history of Christendom from then until now. But God thought it worth including in the “holy” scripture anyway just to confuse everyone.

OK now I get your mindset. When there is a scriptu ...[text shortened]... love your threats of eternal torture, don’t you KellyJay.

Yes I see you perfectly old chap.
Kelly and others really have a knack of taking scripture out of context. I'm beggining to see why church Christians think the way they do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Kelly and others really have a knack of taking scripture out of context. I'm beggining to see why church Christians think the way they do.
Show me how I've taken scripture out of context.
You really are a rajk999 want to be for crying out loud, "church Christians", right out of
his play book as if that is a real thing instead of some twisted mind's excuse to hate.
Once you show me how what I've said isn't correct according to scripture you can show
me by scripture what is proper.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Show me how I've taken scripture out of context.
You really are a rajk999 want to be for crying out loud, "church Christians", right out of
his play book as if that is a real thing instead of some twisted mind's excuse to hate.
Once you show me how what I've said isn't correct according to scripture you can show
me by scripture what is proper.
Really? We've been reading the same threads. You dont know what I mean? "Church Christians" , or , "self labelling Christians" , whatever you want to call yourself it all amounts to the same thing: You worship with the mouth. Furthermore you seek to denegrate those that dont agree with your Christian abstractions. Most importantly you cannot grasp the significance of good works.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Aug 18

Really? We've been reading the same threads. You dont know what I mean? "Church Christians" , or , "self labelling Christians" , whatever you want to call yourself it all amounts to the same thing: You worship with the mouth. Furthermore you seek to denegrate those that dont agree with your Christian abstractions. Most importantly you cannot grasp the significance of good works.
Church Christians, and mouth worship I've only seen here and by one guy, I'm assuming
you now have a mentor.

I'm not really interested in your views about how I denigrate, I would like you to show me
who I took scripture out of context. You made a charge, can you back it up after I asked
you to or are you just going to mouth off a little more and ignore my asking for your
evidence in what you said?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 18
1 edit

Church Christians, and mouth worship I've only seen here and by one guy, I'm assuming
you now have a mentor.

I'm not really interested in your views about how I denigrate, I would like you to show me
who I took scripture out of context. You made a charge, can you back it up after I asked
you to or are you just going to mouth off a little more and ignore my asking for your
evidence in what you said?
You've been deceiving Dive and co for the last 2 or 3 pages on this thread. why would I think you would begin to be genuine with me? If you dont know by now that I dont follow anyone here (I dont have a mentor) then you will never know.... Re-read the posts.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 18

basic debating tactics apply when they want. Its disingenous. This is called ' moving the goal posts' and it smacks of hypocrisy and deciet.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Aug 18

You've been deceiving Dive and co for the last 2 or 3 pages on this thread. why would I think you would begin to be genuine with me? If you dont know by now that I dont follow anyone here (I dont have a mentor) then you will never know.... Re-read the posts.
Accusing me of one more thing! How about cleaning up the first charge before you move
on to something else I've done wrong. By all means let me know how I've been deceiving
dive too. So far I've asked you a few times to make good on your first accusation, will you
now man up and tell me what you are talking about, or are you going to let me hang in air
without giving me a clue what you are talking about? Then you can by all means tell me
how I have been deceiving dive.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Aug 18

basic debating tactics apply when they want. Its disingenous. This is called ' moving the goal posts' and it smacks of hypocrisy and deciet.
Is that like saying someone did something wrong, then when they ask you what you are
talking about you accuse them of something new?

F

Moves
18 Aug 18

One of the causes of KellyJay's relentless slipperiness is his pride which is triggered by his apparent inability to express himself clearly which, in turn, is exacerbated by his inability to take responsibility for what he has said. Quite a lot of people who claim to be inspired by Jesus or "The Holy Spirit" behave in this way on this forum. It's intriguing.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Aug 18
4 edits

As much as I enjoy being the subject instead of sticking to the subject let's attempt
to define some terms. Good would be a good one, let’s start with that one. There needs to
be some measure that we use to define good. Without something by which we can
point to outside of ourselves it would always boil down to some personal ideas about
what would make something good, what else would there be? No matter who we are
talking too, if it is from somebody their views because of human nature would shift from
time to time as their understanding does, so it would almost never be exactly the same,
nor would it seem to apply equally too if they have favorites and they play favorites in
any form of judging.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Aug 18
1 edit

As much as I enjoy being the subject instead of sticking to the subject let's attempt
to define some terms. Good would be a good one, let’s start with that one. There needs to
be some measure that we use to define good. Without something by which we can
point to outside of ourselves it would always boil down to some personal ideas about
what would ...[text shortened]... em to apply equally too if they have favorites and they play favorites in
any form of judging.
My apologies. My original reply here assumed that I was replying to another thread.

I think I'll just go to bed, I must be more tired than I thought.

F

Moves
18 Aug 18

As much as I enjoy being the subject instead of sticking to the subject let's attempt to define some terms. Good would be a good one, let’s start with that one. There needs to be some measure that we use to define good.
You keep describing yourself as evil and wicked. That's your prerogative. I'll take your word for it. By contrast, I think a good person, in simple terms, is one who does not damage or harm others, who does not deceive others, and who does not coerce others. This is a guideline for navigating one's way ~ as best as one can ~ through the complexities of real life. Add to that some attributes that are conducive to morally sound action like patience, empathy, generosity and some others, and I think we have a broad working definition of "good" and a "good person".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
My apologies. My original reply here assumed that I was replying to another thread.

I think I'll just go to bed, I must be more tired than I thought.
🙂 Not sure what you wrote, but okay.