Are Atheists kidding themselves?

Are Atheists kidding themselves?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Mississauga, Ontario

Moves
20 Mar 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Funny you should mention that aspect. Having attempted to ascertain the existence of God via philosophical measures; prove Him mathematically; or capture Him in a petri dish, it has become apparent that all human efforts result in frustration.

He can only be found along the path He chooses. The ones who follow that path are the most relaxed people on the planet.
All of you guys suck.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Mar 06

Originally posted by Tetsujin
All of you guys suck.
Amen.

T

Mississauga, Ontario

Moves
20 Mar 06

Amen.
I meant it, I can't believe this went to 90 posts.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Mar 06

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Mar 06

Based, of course, on your renderings of Genesis. Perhaps your renderings of Genesis are amiss?
My reality has nothing to do with a self contradictory passagein that rag.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Mar 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
My reality has nothing to do with a self contradictory passagein that rag.
By labeling it self-contradictory, you belie your own ignorance of its content. By labeling the word of God a rag, you belie your own arrogance.

T

Mississauga, Ontario

Moves
21 Mar 06
1 edit

😛 97 😀

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Mar 06

By labeling it self-contradictory, you belie your own ignorance of its content. By labeling the word of God a rag, you belie your own arrogance.
I'm getting really sick of battering you lot on the head with the wrong-ness of the biblical creation story, so I'm not going to do it again.

Likewise, I doubt you're ever going to provide scientific evidence of god (whilst us Pastafarians have video of the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER in Germany). Let's just say I won't believe a single word god says until you prove that god exists.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Mar 06
1 edit

I'm getting really sick of battering you lot on the head with the wrong-ness of the biblical creation story, so I'm not going to do it again.

Likewise, I doubt you're ever going to provide scientific evidence of god (whilst us Pastafarians have video of the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER in Germany). Let's just say I won't believe a single word god says until you prove that god exists.
As you've not done it once, I can't see why you protest so much. And, as stated, you are battling your misconception of Genesis, not Genesis itself. But of course, you knew that. It just felt better to act like you had already addressed it.

T

Mississauga, Ontario

Moves
21 Mar 06

People of Earth, I bring you a thread in the spirituality forum. The title is "Wheel of morality..."

Please read it when you have the time. Thank you.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Mar 06

As you've not done it once, I can't see why you protest so much. And, as stated, you are battling your misconception of Genesis, not Genesis itself. But of course, you knew that. It just felt better to act like you had already addressed it.
Fine.

Genesi has land plants (400mya) being created before the sun (6bya).
It also has flying animals (~150mya) created before land animals (~300mya).

Yeah (best sarcastic voice) I can see how my interpretation is getting in the way.

Wanna keep going?

Moves
21 Mar 06

Fine.

Yeah (best sarcastic voice) I can see how my interpretation is getting in the way.

Wanna keep going?
So are you trying to force the point that your dating methods are accurate beyond the shadow of a doubt?

How do you know for sure when the atomic clock was reset the last time?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by dj2becker
So are you trying to force the point that your dating methods are accurate beyond the shadow of a doubt?

How do you know for sure when the atomic clock was reset the last time?
atomic clock? You're a looney. An atomic clock works by using atomic oscillations (which are regular) to track the passage of time. Although I do know that the Yanks new one NIST-1 went online in 1999, which would be when it was last reset. 😉

We've already went (exhaustively) through why radio-dating works (based on the laws of physics, which you, Professor deej, seem compelled to wholesale re-write. I look forward to your revisions with great excitement.). One method you could perhaps discount, but when multiple methods give the same result the evidence becomes overbearing.

Moves
21 Mar 06

atomic clock? You're a looney. An atomic clock works by using atomic oscillations (which are regular) to track the passage of time. Although I do know that the Yanks new one NIST-1 went online in 1999, which would be when it was last reset. 😉

We've already went (exhaustively) through why radio-dating works (based on the laws of physics, which you ...[text shortened]... aps discount, but when multiple methods give the same result the evidence becomes overbearing.
Don't all the methods use the same assumptions?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Mar 06

Fine.

Wanna keep going?
According to your calculations, the sun is the only possible source of light/heat to ever have existed in the solar system and/or universe?