Are all religions the same?

Are all religions the same?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
says me.
Who are you?

rc

Moves
13 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Who are you?
a wise and learned man

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Then I'm sure you can demonstrate from scripture how a human being has an [b]"immortal soul"?[/b]
It is this soul that remains after death to be judged.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
I would like to see that as well. Christ was clear that the soul can be destroyed.
Can be destroyed, and only by God. Otherwise, it is immortal.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 16

eternal life is not the same thing as the doctrine of the immortality of the soul.
Says you and your brother JWs. That was my point, Pee Wee.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 16

Your Puritanism at work again I see. Man i bet the English were sending up balloons and rejoicing when you lot left Plymouth to inflict yourselves on the American natives.
So you are against religious freedom?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
It is this soul that remains after death to be judged.
Was that a scripture? πŸ˜‰

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
16 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
And you of course are the 'only' person who knows true religion, and we have to take your word for it, just because you say so?
I will not convince you but the teachings of Vedas will.

I can only lead you to the Vedas.

But you must be sincere when you embrace the Vedas and follow the tenants and principles of spirituality to develop the higher consciousness.

When you get the higher consciousness' you will understand everything..............just like being on a high mountain and seeing everything clearly.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
16 Mar 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
As is your religion just another false religion, no matter how much you are enamored of it, no matter what your brainwashing into the Veda's, it is just another manufactured religion, manufactured by creative men.

There may well be other universes and other Earths but the Veda's didn't invent any of that.

Also, Veda's say the atom is indivisible, but ...[text shortened]... shed you can't see the falsity in your religion like you see the falsity in all other religions.
The Vedas are practical.

And the atom is described as only being divisible to certain degree because man can only work with that degree and not beyond.

The Vedas have had knowledge of the atom and the speed of light when junk science thought the earth was flat, and that the eclipse was a monster eating the sun, and that germs didn't exist.

While junk science thought there were no germs in existence, the Vedas had the medical encyclopaedia called the Ayurveda consisting 90 volumes of medical health facts / and which all being 100% true (still being used today)

Your constant attack on the Vedas is your poor attempt to prop up your atheistic position.......and junk science.

Junk science is always junk science.

And atheism is always the belief system of the foolhardy and stupid.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
19 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Dasa
While junk science thought there were no germs in existence, the Vedas had the medical encyclopaedia called the Ayurveda consisting 90 volumes of medical health facts / and which all being 100% true (still being used today)

Give us a taster.
That doesn't include heavy metal poisoning.

edit: πŸ˜›

Cape Town

Moves
19 Mar 16

Originally posted by Dasa
The Vedas are practical.
In what way? All you are telling us is that the Vedas supposedly contained information before it was discovered by science. Yet nobody actually understood it, which means it was rather useless. Instead, scientists had to go out there and discover it for themselves. Hardly seems practical to me.
Tell us some wonderful scientific fact that is in the Vedas that scientists have not yet discovered that we can then verify is actually true. Do that, and I will accept that the Vedas are worth looking at. Fail to do that and they are not even as good as tissue paper from a practical stand point.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Mar 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
In what way? All you are telling us is that the Vedas supposedly contained information before it was discovered by science. Yet nobody actually understood it, which means it was rather useless. Instead, scientists had to go out there and discover it for themselves. Hardly seems practical to me.
Tell us some wonderful scientific fact that is in the Vedas ...[text shortened]... at. Fail to do that and they are not even as good as tissue paper from a practical stand point.
You checking out the VEdas are dependent on Dasa's backup? Phhh!!

They are worth checking out. The Ayurveda is about health. Much of it seems practical.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Mar 16

No all religions are not the same......
#1 Christians say Jesus is the Son of God and that He took on the sin of mankind
#2 Islam says there is truly only one God and His name is Allah and Mohamed is the true prophet
#3 Buddhism teaches that we need to overcome our earthly desires and I don't think they believe in a deity per se ....and a branch of Buddhism teaches that our goal is to attain Nirvana
#4 Hindus not fully sure what they believe ( have to research it closer ) but they do believe in a myriad of deities
#5 Judaism that there is one God
Anyway they are all different and I personally believe can't all be true at the same time because they are all different and there are many religions in the world. I would venture to say sure there are some commonalities between some religions but the answer is no they are not all the same.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Mar 16

One of the commonalities for many religions is that of payment for wrongs committed against the said deity....and Blood payment ....the Aztec and Mesoamerican natives believed in this and it was done through human sacrifice ....and where did man even get this idea in his head that he owed something to the deity(ies) ? Christianity is not that much different in that blood was required and well Jesus is said to be the lamb if you will which hearkens back to Judaism and the sacrifices pretty bloody affair it was. The idea of a scapegoat to take on the sins of the people. The priest would slit the throat of one goat and set the other free

Manny

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Was that a scripture? πŸ˜‰
If you've understood ANYthing I've said countless times in this forum, then you understand my position that the Bible does NOT teach us EVERYthing. Certainly things can be inferred from scripture, and in fact, this is how doctrines are made from the the content of the Bible. There are those who claim stupid stuff like "The Bible doesn't mention DNA, so there is no such thing." Or, "The Bible said God made the universe in six days, so that's how long it took, PERIOD." But these people can be nay-sayed easily enough by even reasonably intelligent people. But people who hold up every single discussion with "so where does it say that in scripture" are the ones who stifle their own education.