Anyone Believe in the “Prosperity Gospel?”

Anyone Believe in the “Prosperity Gospel?”

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Was he in the same cult as becker?
Allegedly.

T

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Allegedly.
All kidding aside, from what I've seen fundamentalist Christians all have a very closed way of processing information - the more fundamentalist, the more closed. It's not just that they are more likely to adhere to their beliefs, it's that unconscious filters distort what they see and hear. Just like the metaphor often used by Jesus. This is regardless of whether or not they have been in a cult.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Feb 18

All kidding aside, from what I've seen fundamentalist Christians all have a very closed way of processing information - the more fundamentalist, the more closed. It's not just that they are more likely to adhere to their beliefs, it's that unconscious filters distort what they see and hear. Just like the metaphor often used by Jesus. This is regardless of whether or not they have been in a cult.
Jehovah's Witnesses are perhaps the classic example of this, as will become apparent to anyone who tries to take them off topic when they appear on your doorstep. The message they have driven into their heads is so fixed that they appear almost powerless to even contemplate an alternative point of view.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

They can sin all they want.

However they will not live in the kingdom or have eternal life.

How many times will you need this pointed out to you before it sinks in?
Then where will they be, according to your false doctrine?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

You need to bear in mind he once belonged to a cult and has a very closed way of processing information.
More trolling from the head troll.

They’ve been slacking off. Show them how it’s done!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Allegedly.
Yes, bear more false witness, trollmaster! I love how you introduced this lie with such velvety smoothness. Only a morally bankrupt atheist could do that - no wonder you’re the head troll!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

You guys are the ones who can’t open your minds. You’re so concerned with justifying yourselves and puffing our your chest that you completely miss what Jesus Christ is all about.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Jehovah's Witnesses are perhaps the classic example of this, as will become apparent to anyone who tries to take them off topic when they appear on your doorstep. The message they have driven into their heads is so fixed that they appear almost powerless to even contemplate an alternative point of view.
Sounds like projection to me, trollmaster!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Sounds like projection to me, trollmaster!
Make yourself comfortable on my couch sir. Now, tell me all about these trolls you are seeing that are whizzing in your pool of naivety.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Make yourself comfortable on my couch sir. Now, tell me all about these trolls you are seeing that are whizzing in your pool of naivety.
Don’t try to be clever, trollmaster. Everyone knows your most effective form of trolling - the only form where you’re a standout - is the blunt force false accusation.

Doesn’t take you long to abandon substance. Is that how your interest in trolling started? Substance was way over your head?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Feb 18
1 edit

You clearly are uneducated on the Bible. The Bible speaks of two judgments - the Judgment Seat of Christ for believers and the Great White Throne Judgment for non-believers.

Salvation is determined before a human being dies by whether he or she accepted Christ.

It’s pretty shocking you don’t know this.
The judgment is not very clear in the bible, and many theories can be argued with Bible support. What is clear is the following:
- there is a group who will meet Christ in the air upon his return. These are already judged to be righteous [ it certainly is not the entire 'saved born-again' Chrsitian group]
- that Beema business and the GWT, spoken of in Revelation, and the Matt 25 judgment, all appear to be to be the very same judgment.
- Nobody who lives a life of sin and in contravention of Christ commandments will enter the Kingdom of God. Only God knows who qualify.
- Professions of faith are useless at this point.

So my interpretation is:
- Jesus returns with his saints [already judged to be righeous]
- His reign on earth begins
- GWT Judgment is at the end of this period for all nations, dead or alive
- Gods Kingdom takes over

But of course you have your church doctrine in your head.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
The judgment is not very clear in the bible, and many theories can be argued with Bible support. What is clear is the following:
- there is a group who will meet Christ in the air upon his return. These are already judged to be righteous [ it certainly is not the entire 'saved born-again' Chrsitian group]
- that Beema business and the GWT, spoken of in R ...[text shortened]... or alive

No, I have the Bible in my head.

Moves
13 Feb 18

Was he in the same cult as becker?
I'm guessing Ghost would allegedly know that we are the same person because he is a mental health professional? 🙄

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
- that Beema business and the GWT, spoken of in R ...[text shortened]... or alive

<Nobody who lives a life of sin and in contravention of Christ commandments will enter the Kingdom of God.>

Why do you keep waffling on this? Can a Christian occasionally sin and retain their salvation or not. First you claimed they couldn’t commit a single sin, now it’s become “a life of sin.”

<Only God knows who qualify.>

God spelled out who qualifies in the Bible. If you read the Bible and stopped puffing out your chest and declaring yourself righteous because of all the good works you claim to do (but won’t identify,) maybe you’d understand the significance of what Jesus Christ did on the cross.

<<Professions of faith are useless at this point.>>

Professions of faith, beyond what’s identified in Romans 10:9, never were important. Belief in Jesus Christ was, is and always will be the only thing that matters. Believe in Christ and pursue Him through reading the Bible and prayer, and everything else takes care of itself.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Feb 18

<Nobody who lives a life of sin and in contravention of Christ commandments will enter the Kingdom of God.>

Why do you keep waffling on this? Can a Christian occasionally sin and retain their salvation or not. First you claimed they couldn’t commit a single sin, now it’s become “a life of sin.”

<Only God knows who qualify.>

God spelled out who q ...[text shortened]... t and pursue Him through reading the Bible and prayer, and everything else takes care of itself.
Christ is the judge of what sins are forgiven and which are not.
I understand the purpose of Christ death. You and many Christians dont because you seem to think that it is a licence to continue on with sin.