Anyone Believe in the “Prosperity Gospel?”

Anyone Believe in the “Prosperity Gospel?”

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Is it accurate to say you don’t believe Jesus Christ was crucified to pay for the sins of mankind?

Is it accurate to say you don’t believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells every believer when he or she accepts Christ?

Is it accurate to say you think atheists who do good works will enter heaven?
Jesus died for the sins of the world. But if after accepting Christ someone continues on with sin then there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins
Gods Holy Spirit dwells in many people not just Christians
Nobody goes to heaven.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Jesus died for the sins of the world. But if after accepting Christ someone continues on with sin then there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins
Gods Holy Spirit dwells in many people not just Christians
Nobody goes to heaven.
Thanks for reply.

Have you accepted Christ? If so, how long have you been living a sin-free life?

Where in the Bible dwells in more than just Christians (i.e. those who have accepted Christ?)

If nobody goes to heaven, where do the righteous (those in right standing with God) go?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

Thanks for reply.

Have you accepted Christ? If so, how long have you been living a sin-free life?

Where in the Bible dwells in more than just Christians (i.e. those who have accepted Christ?)

If nobody goes to heaven, where do the righteous (those in right standing with God) go?
I dont respond to neither do I ask, personal questions.
This is an internet chat site.
I discuss doctrine only.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

I dont respond to neither do I ask, personal questions.
This is an internet chat site.
I discuss doctrine only.
Ok, fair enough.

What about the last two questions, though? Those deal with doctrine.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Where in the Bible does it say God’s Holy Spirit dwells in more than just Christians (i.e. those who have accepted Christ?)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

Where in the Bible does it say God’s Holy Spirit dwells in more than just Christians (i.e. those who have accepted Christ?)

Have you read the Old Testament?
The Spirit of God is with many people.
Then you will say OK it was with Israel only.
But No there was Job, not of Israel. A man perfect in the eyes of God.
All good and all righteousness is of God
Christians do not have a monopoly on righteousness.

All physical bodies go to the grave.
The spirit [some call it soul] of both the righteous and unrighteous go to God
All await judgment of Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Have you read the Old Testament?
The Spirit of God is with many people.
Then you will say OK it was with Israel only.
But No there was Job, not of Israel. A man perfect in the eyes of God.
All good and all righteousness is of God
Christians do not have a monopoly on righteousness.

All physical bodies go to the grave.
The spirit [some call it soul] of both the righteous and unrighteous go to God
All await judgment of Christ.
I was talking about the Holy Spirit indwelling a believer. Yes, Job was seen as righteous by God and he did communicate with God, but God’s Holy Spirit was not within Job. And Job was alive many, many years before Jesus Christ’s ministry on earth, crucifixion and Resurrection so the New Covenant was not in effect.

Before Christ’s crucifixion and Resurrection, one was righteous by the law. After, one is righteous by believing in Jesus Christ, after which God’s Holy Spirit will indwell the believer and good works will naturally flow as God changes that person to be more Christ-like.

I agree that the souls of both the righteous and unrighteous go to God, but their fate (ultimate destination) is already set. If my memory is right, believers (whose salvation is secure) go to the Judgment Seat of Christ to review their lives, and unbelievers go to what (I think) is called the Great White Throne Judgment.

But God doesn’t decide who is saved and who is not saved. Humans make that decision on earth, and I realize there is a passage that refers to predestination but I believe that is/was for a select group of people in Biblical times whom God wanted with Him for eternity.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

I was talking about the Holy Spirit indwelling a believer. Yes, Job was seen as righteous by God and he did communicate with God, but God’s Holy Spirit was not within Job. And Job was alive many, many years before Jesus Christ’s ministry on earth, crucifixion and Resurrection so the New Covenant was not in effect.

Before Christ’s crucifixion and Resur ...[text shortened]... hat is/was for a select group of people in Biblical times whom God wanted with Him for eternity.
Ok .. I got it.

Before Christ people were able to live righteously [without knowing Christ and without the Holy Spirit] and please God and obviously these will enter the Kingdom of God.

After Christ people cannot do that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Ok .. I got it.

Before Christ people were able to live righteously [without knowing Christ and without the Holy Spirit] and please God and obviously these will enter the Kingdom of God.

After Christ people cannot do that.
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

(John 6:47)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)
Read a bit more. That extra reading provides a complete picture.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21 KJV)

God loves those who follow Christ commandments

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Read a bit more. That extra reading provides a complete picture.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21 KJV)

[b]God loves those who follow Christ commandments
[/b]
We’ve been over this ad nauseam.

Those who have accepted Christ receive God’s Holy Spirit within them and good works naturally flow as the Holy Spirit changes the believer from the inside out to be more Christ like.

Do you think a person who accepts Christ but dies very shortly thereafter - maybe he or she even accepted Christ on their death beds - will go to heaven, before they had the opportunity to do good works?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

And it’s worth noting that while Jesus Christ walked the earth - before His crucifixion and Resurrection - the New Covenant was not in effect, nor was God’s Holy Spirit indwelling anyone. Christ’s apostles were the first to receive God’s Holy Spirit within them (recorded in the book of Acts) and that was well after Christ’s Resurrection and later ascension to heaven.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

We’ve been over this ad nauseam.

Those who have accepted Christ receive God’s Holy Spirit within them and good works naturally flow as the Holy Spirit changes the believer from the inside out to be more Christ like.

Do you think a person who accepts Christ but dies very shortly thereafter - maybe he or she even accepted Christ on their death beds - will go to heaven, before they had the opportunity to do good works?
That means nothing. Annianas and Saphira has the same Holy Spirit. . and they were liars and deceivers.

The idea that all Christians do good works is just church mumbo jumbo. It is not the bible.

The only thing that's ad nauseam is your repetitive false doctrines

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18
1 edit

That means nothing. Annianas and Saphira has the same Holy Spirit. . and they were liars and deceivers.

The idea that all Christians do good works is just church mumbo jumbo. It is not the bible.

The only thing that's ad nauseam is your repetitive false doctrines
You just don’t get it.

Good works are a manifestation or evidence that someone has sincerely accepted Christ and has God’s Holy Spirit indwelling them. If they have not changed, then their “acceptance” of Christ was not sincere and did not represent the heart belief identified in Romans 10:9.

Why won’t you answer this simple question on doctrine: If one accepts Christ into their heart and dies shortly thereafter - even if they sincerely accept Him on their deathbed - before they can do any good works, are they saved?

Why did Jesus Christ tell the thief on the cross next to Him that he was saved after the thief expressed faith in Christ’s deity? The thief had no opportunity to do good works.

How many good works must one do to be saved? Don’t know? Would a just God set good works as the criteria for salvation and not identify how many had to be performed?