Anyone Believe in the “Prosperity Gospel?”

Anyone Believe in the “Prosperity Gospel?”

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
You just don’t get it.

Good works are a manifestation or evidence that someone has sincerely accepted Christ and has God’s Holy Spirit indwelling them. If they have not changed, then their “acceptance” of Christ was not sincere and did not represent the heart belief identified in Romans 10:9.

Why won’t you answer this simple question on doctrine: I ...[text shortened]... God set good works as the criteria for salvation and not identify how many had to be performed?
I don't get it because it is not in the bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
I don't get it because it is not in the bible.
So you won’t answer those questions on doctrine?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

So you won’t answer those questions on doctrine?
I answer questions which are addressed clearly in the Bible.
If the Bible does not contain answers for your [infantile foolish nonsensical] questions then how can I answer them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

I answer questions which are addressed clearly in the Bible.
If the Bible does not contain answers for your [infantile foolish nonsensical] questions then how can I answer them.
I see you’ve resorted to trolling and insults because you can’t address my questions on doctrine and substance.

Ok, have a good day, amigo!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Oh, and don’t forget these doctrinal and substantive points from earlier in the thread that you ignored:

“If you’d like to discuss substance, why not tackle a few of these points?

You can insult me all you want. It just shows how weak your case is.

You have falsely said good works are required for salvation.

You have falsely said a Christian cannot sin (though it appears you may have backed off this absurd statement.)

You have falsely claimed Jesus Christ never said believing in him was all that was needed for eternal life.

You have failed to explain how a just God could require good works for salvation and never tell His followers how many good works they must do.

You have failed to explain how Jesus Christ granted eternal life to the thief on the cross after the thief expressed faith in Him as the Son of God and before the thief did any good works.

You have failed to explain why Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross was necessary if a Christian who sins cannot enter heaven.

You have failed to explain how a Christian who is still living in the flesh and in a sinful world can avoid for any long period of time the sins of anger, coveting, lying and looking on a woman with lust in his heart.

You neglect that becoming more Christ like is exhibiting “the fruits of the Spirit” and you instead emphasize doing an unspecified number and type of good works.

You judgmentally and arrogantly claim Christians who do not subscribe to your false doctrine of salvation by good works are going to hell.

You can’t even avoid sinning in the forum of a chess website and yet you condemn other Christians for sinning when you know nothing about them.”

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

I see you’ve resorted to trolling and insults because you can’t address my questions on doctrine and substance.

Ok, have a good day, amigo!
Your questions have no substance and it is not about doctrine.
You ask questions which cannot be answered from the Bible.
So yeah .. so long amigo.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18
1 edit

Oh, and don’t forget these doctrinal and substantive points from earlier in the thread that you ignored:

“If you’d like to discuss substance, why not tackle a few of these points?

You can insult me all you want. It just shows how weak your case is.

You have falsely said good works are required for salvation.

You have falsely said a Christi ...[text shortened]... hess website and yet you condemn other Christians for sinning when you know nothing about them.”
Dont forget Annanias and Sapphira.
Receivers of the Holy Spirit
Did they do good works?
No ... they were liars and deceivers
They were destroyed
A lesson to so-called saved born-again Christian Saints who think they can sin and escape the vengeance of God.
Nobody escapes.
Proclamations of faith wont save you.
Jesus saves those who live according to his commandments.
And welcomes those into the Kingdom of God.
Mouth worshipers and preachers of mouth worship are destroyed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Dont forget Annanias and Sapphira.
Receivers of the Holy Spirit
Did they do good works?
No ... they were liars and deceivers
They were destroyed
A lesson to so-called saved born-again Christian Saints who think they can sin and escape the vengeance of God.
Nobody escapes.
Proclamations of faith wont save you.
Jesus saves those who live according t ...[text shortened]... s those into the Kingdom of God.
Mouth worshipers and preachers of mouth worship are destroyed.
You arrive at conclusions far too quickly.

Just because God’s Holy Spirit has indwelt a believer does not mean the believer will never sin again. As long as the believer is in the flesh, not to mention in a sinful world, a struggle will ensue between the Spirit and the flesh. Paul writes extensively on this (let me know if you need verses and citations,) and don’t forget God made man with free will.

A believer can certainly increase the power and influence of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit on his or her life through regular Bible reading and prayer. Just as the body must be regularly nourished with food, so the Spirit must be regularly “fed” with God’s Word and fellowship with God.

God speaks to us through His Word and through His Holy Spirit indwelling us, and we speak to God through prayer.

God’s Holy Spirit indwelling a believer is evidence that person is saved - and saved for eternity (let me know if you need a Biblical reference for that.) Good works are a manifestation that someone is saved - not a requirement for salvation. That’s an important distinction.

T

Moves
12 Feb 18
1 edit

Just because God’s Holy Spirit has indwelt a believer does not mean the believer will never sin again. As long as the believer is in the flesh, not to mention in a sinful world, a struggle will ensue between the Spirit and the flesh. Paul writes extensively on this (let me know if you need verses and citation ...[text shortened]... tation that someone is saved - not a requirement for salvation. That’s an important distinction.
Any chance that you'll ever take the time to think about what is being said to you, instead of just mindlessly parroting the dogma you've been taught? Seems like that's about all you do.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18
1 edit

Just because God’s Holy Spirit has indwelt a believer does not mean the believer will never sin again. As long as the believer is in the flesh, not to mention in a sinful world, a struggle will ensue between the Spirit and the flesh. Paul writes extensively on this (let me know if you need verses and citation ...[text shortened]... tation that someone is saved - not a requirement for salvation. That’s an important distinction.
Apparently the example God made of Annanias and Sapphira is lost on Christians like you.
The Kingdom of Godis for the righteous only.
The Holy Spirit is a guide on righteous living and good works.
It is up to the believer to follow this guide.
Failure to follow this guide to do the commandments of Christ leads to death.
The assurance of salvation is for those who follow Christ.
A Christian cannot continue to sin and then expect assurance.
That is nonsense church doctrine.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Any chance that you'll ever take the time to think about what is being said to you, instead of just mindlessly parroting the dogma you've been taught?
Any chance you’ll ever post something substantive instead of trolling insults?

What I write and believe is based on the Bible.

The salvation by works’ crowd want to be responsible for their salvation - instead of relying on Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross and God’s indwelt Holy Spirit - because they like to puff out their chest and strut around. It’s this same sinful pride that got Lucifer booted out of heaven.

T

Moves
12 Feb 18
1 edit

The salvation by works’ crowd want to be responsible for their salvation - instead of relying on Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross and God’s indwelt Holy Spirit - because they like to puff out their chest and strut around. It’s this same sinful pride that got Lucifer booted out of heaven.

Actually I probably make as many, if not more, substantive posts on this forum as anyone.

Actually what you write and believe is based on an interpretation of the Bible that you have been taught and which serves as the dogma that you mindlessly parrot. A cursory survey of your posts bears this out.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

Any chance that you'll ever take the time to think about what is being said to you, instead of just mindlessly parroting the dogma you've been taught? Seems like that's about all you do.
Not a chance 😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Apparently the example God made of Annanias and Sapphira is lost on Christians like you.
The Kingdom of Godis for the righteous only.
The Holy Spirit is a guide on righteous living and good works.
It is up to the believer to follow this guide.
Failure to follow this guide to do the commandments of Christ leads to death.
The assurance of salvation is f ...[text shortened]... A Christian cannot continue to sin and then expect assurance.
That is nonsense church doctrine.
So here’s another question you will ignore: If a man accepts Christ at the age of 20 and thereby receives God’s Holy Spirit and dies at the age of 80, are you seriously suggesting that this man did not commit a single sin for 60 years? Bear in mind coveting is a sin, being angry at someone is a sin, looking on a woman with lust is a sin and bearing false witness is a sin.

He who rejects Christ’s sacrifice and wants to justify himself by the law is a debtor to do the whole law. Read Galatians. And stop cherry-picking Jesus Christ’s words so you can puff out your chest and strut around the forum.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 18

[b]Any chance you’ll ever post something substantive instead of trolling insults?

Actually I probably make as many, if not more, substantive posts on this forum as anyone.

Actually what you write and believe is based on an interpretation of the Bible that you have been taught and which serves as your dogma that you mindlessly parrot. A cursory survey of your posts bear this out.[/b]
The example of Annanias and Sapphira makes a mockery of your church doctrine