Another Reason for Jesus Dying

Another Reason for Jesus Dying

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Jan 22

@josephw

What's up with all this debating about God?

God is this and God is that. 🤔

God the father. God the Son. God the Holy Spirit.

All three are in the scriptures. Do the scriptures teach that they are co-equal? Do the scriptures teach that they are one?

Do the scriptures teach that the Godhead is three in one?

Yes, that is what the scriptures teach about God. The scriptures are the sole source of the knowledge of God.

Not josephw, sonship, divegeester, Rajk, FMF, kellyjay or any other nincompoop posterer.

Try to have a civil discussion before God hits us all with a bolt of lightning.

What do the scriptures say.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 22

@josephw said
@sonship

Trust me. I understand perfectly what you mean.

It's just that one can't get any deeper in their understanding about what it means to be in Christ than with what the inspired words say.

"Killing power" and "Zoe-degradable" are not inspired.
Changing the wording of the bible is also what many churches do.
Trinity
Relationship with Christ
Personal relationship with Christ
Rapture
Bema

Excuses as to why they do it are easy to make

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 22

@josephw said
@josephw

What's up with all this debating about God?

God is this and God is that. 🤔

God the father. God the Son. God the Holy Spirit.

All three are in the scriptures. Do the scriptures teach that they are co-equal? Do the scriptures teach that they are one?

Do the scriptures teach that the Godhead is three in one?

Yes, that is what the scriptures teach about ...[text shortened]... e a civil discussion before God hits us all with a bolt of lightning.

What do the scriptures say.
The term 'God the Son' is not in the bible.
Co-equal is not in the ible
If they are then please post the references.

And that is why there is debate. Christians like you keep adding to the bible instead of using the terms and expressions used in the bible

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
The term 'God the Son' is not in the bible.
Co-equal is not in the ible
If they are then please post the references.

And that is why there is debate. Christians like you keep adding to the bible instead of using the terms and expressions used in the bible
Did God the Father call Jesus Christ “God” in Hebrews?

Moves
13 Jan 22
2 edits

@kellyjay said
WoW, the nerve.
You don't think 3 long posts within 2 minutes hints at (unsourced) cut and pastes?!

And when sonship comes along and says he typed the all by hand, (like last time) you'll believe him?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Did God the Father call Jesus Christ “God” in Hebrews?
Yes. Paul used the word God for Jesus Christ in Hebrews. My way of dealing with that is to go back to the teachings of Jesus Christ and see what it is that is required for people to believe and to do to get eternal life. No writing of Paul can override what Jesus said. God is greater, God is the Father. This is what is required. Equating the Son with the Father is not taught by Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Yes. Paul used the word God for Jesus Christ in Hebrews. My way of dealing with that is to go back to the teachings of Jesus Christ and see what it is that is required for people to believe and to do to get eternal life. No writing of Paul can override what Jesus said. God is greater, God is the Father. This is what is required. Equating the Son with the Father is not taught by Christ.
So if you want to question the author of Hebrews, why not the question the authors of the Gospels, whether they accurately represented Jesus Christ?

And you’re still stuck with this statement by Jesus, which is attributed to Him by one of His inner circle:

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

(John 3:3-6)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
<<Equating the Son with the Father is not taught by Christ.>>

“I and my Father are one.

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.”

(John 10:30-33)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22
4 edits

@Rajk999

Bema

Bema is Greek.
Easy to get education on that.
https://www.gotquestions.org/judgment-seat-Christ.html

And anyone teaching there is no relationship or personal relationship with Christ is
a crackpot - 100% bonifide crackpot.

When you write that it brings me back to the sad reality "This man really knows nothing of the Gospel . . . period."

Sometimes, I have a glimmer of hope that you are just confused some.
When you affirm no relationshiop with Christ and God I know you don't know
God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
<<Equating the Son with the Father is not taught by Christ.>>

“I and my Father are one.

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.”

(John 10:30-33)
And like I keep saying that is fine with me. You gather your doctrinal truths from the mouths of raving maniacs about to stone4 Jesus, from Pharisees, from mere fallible humans, from the false churches, from pastors and crooked priests.

I will take mine from Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
And like I keep saying that is fine with me. You gather your doctrinal truths from the mouths of raving maniacs about to stone4 Jesus, from Pharisees, from mere fallible humans, from the false churches, from pastors and crooked priests.

Who said, “I and my Father are one?”

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@rajk999 said

Who said a man has to be born again to see the Kingdom of God?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 22

@sonship said
@Rajk999

Bema

Bema is Greek.
And anyone teaching there is no relationship or personal relationship with Christ is
a crackpot - 100% bonifide crackpot.

When you write that it nrings me back to the sad reality "This man really knows nothing of the Gospel . . . period."
You choose to misrepresent what I say because Jesus condemns your false dcotrines. Jesus never used the word 'relationship' or even 'intimate relationship'. These are terms used by the church because they wanted to remove the requirement to keep the commandments.

Youa re a crook and a liar. The only relationship with Christ and with God starts by the keeping of the commandments. But the relationship preached by the church has nothing of the sort. Its about talking and praying and more talking and more praying and lots of 'I love Jesus' and more mindless praying. That relationship leads to damnation. You are encouraging people down the path to destruction.

Bema is not a word used in the bible. The word is used by churches to separate themselves from the final judgment which they claim they escape as they already have eternal life. ... another lie and another delusion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22
1 edit

You choose to misrepresent . . .

Crackpot.

Crack . . . Crack . . . pot, Rajk999.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
You choose to misrepresent what I say because Jesus condemns your false dcotrines. Jesus never used the word 'relationship' or even 'intimate relationship'. These are terms used by the church because they wanted to remove the requirement to keep the commandments.

Youa re a crook and a liar. The only relationship with Christ and with God starts by the keeping of the comman ...[text shortened]... hich they claim they escape as they already have eternal life. ... another lie and another delusion.
<<But the relationship preached by the church has nothing of the sort. Its about talking and praying and more talking and more praying and lots of 'I love Jesus' and more mindless praying.>>

Prayer is mindless to you?

Was it mindless to Jesus Christ?

You really have an incredible problem with loving God and loving your neighbor and that post of yours exemplifies both.