An argument christianity is built on lies:

An argument christianity is built on lies:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jan 13

Originally posted by sonship
P.S. We Christians are stiil waiting for anyone to prove the Shroud of Turin is a hoax.

I'm a Christian and I am not waiting for that.
I said that mainly in response to sonhouse, because he believes the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ is a hoax without any proof. Some Christians, like myself, believe there is enough evidence on the Shroud of Turin to prove it is true, so I really don't think it can be proved to be a hoax. I know that you are probably just waiting for Christ to return. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
BTW, is your choice of new screen name designed to get us confused between you and sonhouse (providing we don't actually read what either of you writes, of course)? If so, I’m going to see about getting mine changed to “shiphouse”—or something . .

Ahhh, According to the rules of the website, as most websites I know, multiple names for de eman for whom I try to let the PC experience be simple as possible. Good chess player though.
I see by your profile you say you are a composer. I assume that is a composer of music, if so, what genre? What was your other ID?
Oh, I got it, GSWILL. Ok. I am a caregiver also but not full time. My wife has good days where she can get out and about. Yesterday I had to take off a full day from work to get her to her doctors office for a cortisone shot in her back nerves which leaves her unable to drive afterwards. She has been in hospital about 5 times in the last 8 months and several years ago she got both knees replaced at the same time so I was really full time caregiver that time.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jan 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
I see by your profile you say you are a composer. I assume that is a composer of music, if so, what genre? What was your other ID?
Oh, I got it, GSWILL. Ok. I am a caregiver also but not full time. My wife has good days where she can get out and about. Yesterday I had to take off a full day from work to get her to her doctors office for a cortisone shot in ...[text shortened]... ago she got both knees replaced at the same time so I was really full time caregiver that time.
Both kness replaced at the same time! That sounds crazy. Why did you let her do it. You are the man and should rule over your wife and protect her. Sounds like you were out to lunch on that one.

Moves
31 Jan 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Both kness replaced at the same time! That sounds crazy. Why did you let her do it. You are the man and should rule over your wife and protect her. Sounds like you were out to lunch on that one.
I'm sorry but the idiotic and backwards idea that a man should be in charge of a woman belongs
in the last millennium and not in this one.

And this is one of many reasons why your backwards ass religion has to go.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jan 13

Originally posted by googlefudge
I'm sorry but the idiotic and backwards idea that a man should be in charge of a woman belongs

You misunderstand me. I do not mean that all men should rule over all womem. It only applies when the women agrees to become the wife of a man. Then it is the duty of the husband to love and take care of her and that requires him to rule over her. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Moves
31 Jan 13

You misunderstand me. I do not mean that all men should rule over all womem. It only applies when the women agrees to become the wife of a man. Then it is the duty of the husband to love and take care of her and that requires him to rule over her. 😏

It never applies.

A marriage is a partnership between equals.
And is not the enslavement of one person to another.

Everything I said in my last post still stands.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Jan 13

I was actually talking to G/Son about caregiving, the fact that we both have had to do it. It is a bit better for me now but for a while I was close to burnout. And it is the individual's choice as to whether to get one knee done or both and I would have supported either decision. I was pretty much out of that loop anyway since it was a discussion between her and her surgeon. You have a twisted view of life so I am not surprised at ANYTHING that drops out of your mouth like a camel fart in the desert.

O

Moves
31 Jan 13

It never applies.

A marriage is a partnership between equals.
And is not the enslavement of one person to another.

Everything I said in my last post still stands.
Many religions are comfortable with the concept of enslavement ,all be it intellectual , it is very hard to control free thinking individuals .

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Jan 13

Come on. I mean seriously.

Yes, this is an idiotic and backward idea. But please stop for one minute and consider that I too am a Christian, yet I do not hold this idiotic and backward idea.

You need to start evaluating the individual, and not branding them based on their religion.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Come on. I mean seriously.

Yes, this is an idiotic and backward idea. But please stop for one minute and consider that I too am a Christian, yet I do not hold this idiotic and backward idea.

You need to start evaluating the individual, and not branding them based on their religion.
But you can predict the behavior of people based on religion. Especially the right wing nutter types we all know about, like what is going on in Kentucky where they are trying to force the teaching of creationism AS A SCIENCE in a science classroom specifically to confuse young minds which is just what they want so they can increase the size of their group nuttiness. So it is easy to predict what someone like that will respond to a query about abortion for instance, a sure sign they think it a god given right for men to be controlling women.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Feb 13

But you can predict the behavior of people based on religion. Especially the right wing nutter types we all know about, like what is going on in Kentucky where they are trying to force the teaching of creationism AS A SCIENCE in a science classroom specifically to confuse young minds which is just what they want so they can increase the size of their group ...[text shortened]... rtion for instance, a sure sign they think it a god given right for men to be controlling women.
When a husband really loves his wife, he will always be looking to make her happy and he will look after her welfare by ruling over her with love. It is something like parents ruling over their children. I don't mean that all men should rule over all women as I explained earlier. So pay attention.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Feb 13

When a husband really loves his wife, he will always be looking to make her happy and he will look after her welfare by ruling over her with love. It is something like parents ruling over their children. I don't mean that all men should rule over all women as I explained earlier. So pay attention.
You are a sicko. Even if you think you should 'rule' over ONE woman you are participating in the acceptance of the idea men should be able to rule women.

O

Moves
01 Feb 13

I always felt love to be a giving and enabling process not a controlling one!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Feb 13

You are a sicko. Even if you think you should 'rule' over ONE woman you are participating in the acceptance of the idea men should be able to rule women.
My wife seems very happy with the loving way I rule over her. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Feb 13

Originally posted by OdBod
I always felt love to be a giving and enabling process not a controlling one!
Now you know the rest of the story. 😏